1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Tannerite

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Bemused, May 20, 2014.

1. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Tannerite is not legal to import to the UK I guess, looks like a fun reactive target.

2. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

I take it you mean this Product - http://www.tannerite.com/store/

There are lower rated Explosive Targets - but not Cheap

Joys of Shooting on a corperate Clay Ground is using - Broken Clays @ distance - even a .177 Light pellets make them Dust

Far cheaper and Safer -

BOB/R

3. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Yes thats the stuff.
    I tried the fireflash things and 12 gauge alarm blanks, my current favorite is 6mm blanks in the bottle bank holder also have fun with the chalk discs and paint balls.

Always looking out for fun targets that go bang!

4. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

It says it can only be initiated by a centrefire round, so probably not much use for air rifles - but I would like to try anyway, sounds like a challenge to me...

5. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Train dets are toooooo expensive, on a bang per buck ratio 6mm blanks win at a penny a pop.

Next up is 12g blanks at just over a quid a pop, we have these for our barbies when friends come along with the fireflashes.
    A train det or two might be on the agenda for that special party as would tannerite although I expect its not UK legal.

Party poppers and party snaps also work as do Hilti clips.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  6. bf95

bf95 Donator

You could probably find a recipient for it on the Internet..

7. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Tannerite is legal if you have the required license,granted by the police or a health and safety company I think

8. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Aware than Hammer Gun Blanks can be set off with a Air Gun Pellets strike

Remember a Members drilling out a plate and fitting them in - worked Well

Was a Noise issue thought -

We also had a holder to hold a 12 Bore Smoke Round - That was impresive @ Distance

Sweets on Lolly Sticks are great - Explode on impact - Different Colours you can Play Snooker -

BOB/R

9. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Yes I drilled a pair of plates to hold the hammer gun blanks just like the bottle blank holder but the bottle blank and 6mm blanks are both cheap at a penny a shot and challenging targets at 6mm.
    I stopped using hammer gun blanks as I was unsure of the safety involved in removing them from the plastic magazine strip.
    I mount 12 gauge blanks (the type used in the alarms) in a short pipe and fix it down with pipe clips and use the firing cap as the target face.

Yes they are quite loud, no good if you have close neighbours.

10. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

A former forum member brought his home made holder down to Pete's Farm, gave a few people a bit of a shock when it first went off. They are a bit loud indoors.

11. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

Hammer gun blannks are as stable as any other rimfire - so actualy quite safe to handle, look at the way cack handed construction workers treat them, myself included, but putting a shotgun blank in a piece of pipe sounds like it might be a bit iffy - in theory it could end up firing the blank backwards out of the pipe - probably best at 20M rather than 6...

12. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Lads, let's be careful about what we post - safety and public perception of unsafe practices and all that?

13. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Yes I am quite cautious regarding safety and have no ambition for myself or fiends to visit A&E.
    I only shoot at blanks from 35 yards which is what makes them challenging.

When using the 12 gauge blank the holding pipe is only 20mm long, we are 35 yards in front of it and there is a 35 foot high quarry wall 10 yards behind it.
    Certainly would be stupid to fit a 12 gauge blank in a 6 foot pipe!

I would not entertain this in a 20 meter back garden.

I believe I am safe, but welcome any advice to the otherwise.

14. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

That could have been phrased better :lol:

Never had tea spray out of my nose before!

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

Maybe best to just delete the thread, in a friendly manner of course - using blanks as targets is probably illegal in some way or other anyway.

16. Egg

Egg Major Poster

I don't think it's illegal - if someone knows otherwise then please feel free to say.

Hopefully people can exercise a bit of common sense re what they shoot at and just as importantly what they post. The last thing we want is for someone to get injured through misadventure or for people to get the impression that we're all loonies that shoot at explosives :)

17. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Using blanks as targets is not illegal, GR8 Fun targets manufacture the blank holder for sale in the UK, and blanks can bought without license. Giles reviewed one on the AirgunGearShow on youtube, you would assume it's legal then!

18. mattyts

mattyts Donator

It's not illegal,our club did a haloween shoot a while back and placed some 'reactive' targets amongst the usual ones without telling anyone :D

19. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Yes I use the Gr8fun 6mm blank holder its legal, safe, loud and its fun.
    12 gauge alarm blanks are similar but no commercial holder seem available.
    Nail gun blanks are also similar but again no commercial holders.
    The fire flashes are legal and commercially available in the UK and not so loud.

In honesty it's not worth bothering with 12g blanks or Hilti caps as the Gr8fun bottle bank is a good bit of kit and 6mm blanks are a penny each.

All the various blanks are freely available for purchase without liscensing.

All obviously have the potential to cause a visit to A&E if used in a fool hardy manner but are considered safe if used with due regard and diligence.

The 6mm blanks are loud, infact all are very loud, fire flash is just loud.

I would not advise using any in an urban garden as they will undoubtably cause distress or concern to neighbours or even police. They sound just like small arms fire so it is not unreasonable to expect a visit from armed responce officer.

I shoot at these targets our own disused private quarry, in a rural enviroment having distant neighbours, during daylite hours, shot gun reports are a common occurence here so we cause little or no additional disturbance.

However it looks like Tannerite is not legal to purchase in the UK, primarily as there are no UK distributors for the product.

Moderators please delete this thread if its thought to be inappropriate.

Regards
    Tony

20. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Not inappropriate - just concerned that peepz might get a bit carried away posting about shooting at pyrotechnics and some muppet cites a post as their inspiration after they've taken their eye out.

Common sense roolz, OK? ;)