1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Taipan Veteran

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Achilles, Mar 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Achilles

Achilles Member

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone owns a Taipan veteran (UK spec?) I don't have power restrictions but was wondering how it does in or at around 12 fpe... Plenty of information on the american forums but they always need more power, while I'm looking for a adjustable, queiet and robust backyard plinker that can be turned up if need be...

Kind regards!

2. Makarova

Makarova Engaging Member

I have been looking at these rifles for a while now (currently have smk P15 which is fantastic).
    I have emailed the company a couple of times about a UK dealer or if they would be available.
    Weeks later and still no answer.
    All I can find out is that they are at high power spec (FAC) so any guns that end up here would be a grey import and would have to bought down to UK spec. Unless of course you have an FAC ticket.
    I would like to be able to buy one of these amazing rifles, the reviews I have read and seen on YouTube only praise it.

Hopefully if the UK shooters generate enough interest they might look at supplying us here

3. Wewekokowe

Wewekokowe Busy Member

I have got one groups tight even with cheap ammo like crossman premiers or rws superfields, hobbies or so. Recommended
    If you import it, will come low 7.5joule and will need tuning up.

Achilles likes this.
  4. ged

ged Busy Member

Enjoy it never sell it youll regret it if you do , i had a mutant sold it for agt vulcan sold the vulcan and got a veteran shorty over 2 1/2years ago now. Its been a love hate relationship had it apart probably 20 times but now its running sweet, got a huma reg in too. Reg set to 38bar to stop it spiking over 12. Did all the work myself now i can just shoot and enjoy it. Ive got a donnyfl tatsu for it but theres no need,plenty quiet without. Love your laminate stock. Mine loves all pellets too but prefers falcon accuracy plus same as jsb rs. I get over 150 shots @625 fps now and before pellets start to drop, not bad for a gun only 2ft long.[​IMG]

talent, Greenchip, Blue BSA and 7 others like this.
  5. ibo7

ibo7 Big Poster

A good friend of mine has had his for a few months now and loves it! I've not yet shot it but he's well impressed and it's far from being his first gun and is a seasoned hunter.
    I'd not hesitate in buying one and they are well capable of high power as that is what they were intended for

Blue BSA likes this.
  6. snipperuk

snipperuk Minion

I hink balistas do a 16j version but there site is down at the moment

32:1 likes this.
  7. ged

ged Busy Member

I got mine from balistas they were very good fast and communicated very well. I did ask for it to be set at 16j/ below 12 for customs sake but it arrived in 5 days of ordering running very very hot/U.S hot. Turning out the hammer only made it inconsistent. The orignal regulater was set to 134 bar, it was written on the side. No way of checking this! but followed ernest rowes videos for help, his vidoes are wonderful and extremely helpful. I tried decreasing the reg with lots of trial and error and more error. so gave up on the original reg despite its huge praise over the pond and went huma. They suggested 70-75bar but still had inconsistency and spiking. Went down as low as 55 still no good, then went back up....frustrated and still bad. By this time any sensible fellow would have sent it for a tune and set properly.
    Some months later i had an R10 tuned by carl Garbett and he told me a story of an ultra that he couldnt keep below 12ftlbs in .22 that in the end he had to set his reg to 30bar. Arrgh Light bulb moment!!! So on finding out this info i persisted with this loverly little rifle and kept going lower and lower till JACKPOT 170-50 bar, 150 shots quiet as anything with out a silencer. Max deviation over the entire string 12fps and standard deviation of just 3.6fps........PHEW!!!!
    Despite its size its as accurate as any high end gun ive ever owned out to silly ranges, Rear cocking is slick and not a problem, anti double load, a mechanical trigger thats out of this world a good safety and no need for a silencer said that already. All parts are highly engineered . Easy to work on, never had a leak, very few o-rings to actually fail. Oh and a CZ barrel. Sorry sorry for the waffle but i had to get it off my chest. Morale of the story get a tuner to sort your import unless you're a sucker for punishment then atleast buy a reg tester!!!

Nords, Bagster66, The Robin and 4 others like this.
  8. Achilles

Achilles Member

Thanks for all the response ! Due to unforseen costs the Veteran will have to wait untill next year... Fingers crossed!

9. Achilles

Achilles Member

I love what you have done to the stock ! How what who is that stuff? Reg down to 38 bar ! that is surprisingly low, I talked to a guy on here and he had also switched out the transfer port to a much smaller size to get it more consistent...

ged likes this.
  10. ged

ged Busy Member

Hi mate the stuff is rustoleum forest green textured. £10 a can from b&q. A whole can did 3 thin coats goes off quick too. I did key and prime it first. I also have a can in black if i fancy a change(i couldn't decide). I am deffo diggin the green.The texture really does help with the grip. Im really pleased they have checkered the latest stocks. Yes the reg setting is really low what can i say other than it works and there is still some adjustment on the HST up and down for a wee bit of tolerance

11. Sdelac2

Sdelac2 Active Member

12. Hairy gorilla

Hairy gorilla Member

Hello guys I have a taipan veteran it is the dogs danglers I get around 150 shots all the way down to 70 bar it is the most consistent and accurate airgun I've had better than the 2 redwolf I used to own hw100, brocock bantam sniper hr, Sumatra 2500 the lot! Nice and balanced cocking is good and trigger is really good too

Attached Files:

talent, 32:1, Duke croker and 2 others like this.
  13. Sdelac2

Sdelac2 Active Member

Yes great.I think that Taipan is excellend gun.What cal you have and
    where you buy your Taipan
    Regards

14. ged

ged Busy Member

Yes the triggers are frikkin awesome,had 2 hw100's and this is next level, nice gun bud! what's the mod?i iooks abit like a sumo if you were using a fisheye lens, I've got a Donny tatsu for mine but I use it without its that quiet:thumb:

15. Sdelac2

Sdelac2 Active Member

Hey Ged where you buy yor Taipan.

16. ged

ged Busy Member

Balistas mate very good gunshop had quite a few things off them without trouble and it's good that you get discounts the more you spend£ off your next purchase. You can get .177 from airgun heaven and I've been tempted but I may change mine into .20 :)

17. Sdelac2

Sdelac2 Active Member

Thanks Ged for the quick reply.
    Yes I heard sqm for them. They and Airgun heaven from Netherland are the only ones as far as I know in Europe. Only Balistas full is cheaper. I have only problem sti Balistas only sends 12FPE version due to the law in their country.
    I asked Balistas and they say that it is easy to adjust that only the HST button needs to be adjusted. But I am very confused because others say that it is impossible and that the regulator also needs to be adjusted. I don't know what exactly. I see that you bought from full power so I'm interested in where you bought it because I also want full power not 12FPE. Because full power is allowed with me.
    regards

18. Duke croker

Duke croker Engaging Member

They are the most consistent,accurate little pups I've ever own.i purchased the taipan veteran standard.177.then went and purchased the compact in 22 ferocious beast.

Attached Files:

Hairy gorilla and ged like this.
  19. ged

ged Busy Member

These guns are regulated and my reg pressure was set for 134bar hence purchasing a huma regulator and reg tester. 134 is way too high for 12ftlbs. You can try asking what the reg pressure is set to. If it's over 100bar you'll be fine for f.a.c levels and it's consistency. I don't do fac so someone else may help you further. It should in theory be a case of turning in the brass hammer spring adjuster at the back with the supplied pins because they are designed for high power. Mines .22 and as accurate as anything I've ever owned in any cal all sub12:up:

Duke croker likes this.
  20. ged

ged Busy Member

Nice pair:thumb: