1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

swivels for underlever tx200 and hw97k

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by danlightbulb, Jan 5, 2014.

1. danlightbulb

danlightbulb Engaging Member

LesJ likes this.
  2. nick2303

nick2303 Engaging Member

3. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Plus one for the one above. Got it on mine and works a treat

4. caravandwellar

caravandwellar Busy Member

Or check out Tawnado airguns on the net. That's a QD set, nearly £25 though. Also the Deben ones are to big for the HW97 as it's only 13.5mm under lever

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  5. danlightbulb

According to uttings page the 13.5mm one is required for both the HW97 and the TX200? Does it fit tightly on your TX richierich?

6. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

I've got the ones from Tawnado Airguns. They fit perfectly, and I've fitted with a bit of tape on the lever to protect from marks from the clamp

7. danlightbulb

Ah I thought you said you had the ones pointed to on ebay in post #2. They look the same, but the ebay ones state 15mm and the ones on tawnado airguns don't state a diameter and they are also £5 more and out of stock.

8. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

They don't stay in stock long.

The Tx200 underlever diameter is 14.15mm according to AAOC, and Tawnado list the set as TX200/HW97 compatible. The eBay one will fit, especially when placing some tape between it to protect the lever.

9. danlightbulb

Well I contacted Tawnado Air Guns about when they expect stock. The response was they do not know!! Sorry but how can you run a business not knowing when your next stock is coming in when there are customers waiting.

10. Shropshire Shooter

Shropshire Shooter Well-Known Member

I'd be asking Tawnado's supplier that question - Tawnado are their customer after all.

11. danlightbulb

Not my job to fix their supply chain, I can moan about it though :D

I looked briefly into shipping some direct from the US. They wanted $50 shipping costs for a $15 product..... cant believe its this hard to get the right size.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  12. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Dan, the ones in Nicks link are the pucker job. Go for them, excellent price too.
    Regards Stu.

13. Shropshire Shooter

Shropshire Shooter Well-Known Member

Just a tip for anyone fitting a swivel to a TX underlever - position is crucial. Too near the breech and it can make cocking impossible (easy to spot) or unpredictable (took me bl**dy ages to figure out what was going on, when it only caused a problem every 20 or 30 shots :eek:). Too near the muzzle when carrying the rifle muzzle-up and it pulls the underlever out of the catch - best carried muzzle-down in my experience.

14. danlightbulb

I found a photo from a member on here with the 15mm clamp fitted and although the photo wasn't that clear, it looked quite heavily packed underneith, thats why I'm being cautious. I have PM'd the member to ask him about the fit. I'm always wary about stuff on ebay you never know if its the real deal or a knock off.

I'd have thought the OEM's would have made their own sling swivels to fit their own guns, they could manufacture something like that for pennies.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  15. thisisdonald

thisisdonald Engaging Member

I just received a set of these from singapore - quality is spot on and they only cost £7 delivered off the bay.. gonna stick one close as I can to the front stock screw on the TX - hopefully I wont also need a forged fore end bracket to deal with the weight! The beauty of these is they fit flush and theres no dangly bits when you remove the sling!
    mo10112-lg.jpg

16. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

This is where it's supposed to mount according to the instructions so that the underlever does not release with the weight of the rifle
    20140106_223527.jpg

Not particularly a good pic, but this is mine fitted
    20140106_223430.jpg

17. DougFLA123

DougFLA123 Newbie

TX200 underlever barrel band clamp size

Hi Dan,
    Did you ever find out the exact diameter of the TX200 MKIII underlever, and the exact size of the underlever barrel band clamp required for a secure fit? I'm thinking of doing the same thing that you were doing and have the same questions that you are asking. Is 15mm too large? Is 13.5mm too small?
    Thank you,
    Doug