1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Sv10 Prevail

Discussion in 'Shotguns (SGC)' started by Buckshot, May 17, 2020.

1. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

Does anyone have any experience of the above Beretta? My local clay ground is opening up a DTL/ABT layout and i've seen one online locally for sale. As soon as the RFD opens i'm off to have a look.

Cheers.

2. Iggypot

Iggypot Busy Member

I had one of these when they first came out, they came in for a lot of stick at the time as they were a departure from the tried and tested Beretta ‘norm’, however they went on to set the blueprint for many new Berettas that followed such as the 692 and 694 etc. I really liked mine and never had any issues with it. They did a Prevail for clays and Perennia for game....make sure you get the right one.

3. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

Thanks Iggy i will, the one i've got my eye on is the trap variant. I like my SX3 for sporting and skeet. I think it's poor form to shoot a semi on the trap layout, not good for your immediate neighbour to your right to have an empty flying across their eye line when they're preparing to shoot.
    When i used to shoot trap comps i had a little ritual of loading and resting the muzzles on my foot (o/u) while waiting my turn.
    I found it feels clumsy using a semi for trap.

4. Iggypot

Iggypot Busy Member

No problem. I did sell mine eventually for a 692 which shared many if it’s characteristics....I now have a 694. You really do need a O/U for Trap, not only fir the sake of your neighbour but also in terms of the help it gives to focus and your PSR etc.

5. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

100% agree with you Iggy, i used to shoot registered DTL/ABT/UT way back in the late 70's/early 80's and i wouldn't dream of shooting a semi at those disciplines. Nikko 5000 30"trap gun imp.mod/full with 32 grams shells but i was a bit more serious then, now it's purely for pleasure. Happy days.:rolleyes:

Iggypot likes this.
  6. Figgy

Figgy Keyboard Hero

Plenty of better guns than the prevail. It was that good Beretta stopped making it after not very long
    Self tighting action in the forend, as stocks on some.
    I like Beretta's especially the older models, don't like the new 690 or DT11.
    Miroku mk38 or similar would be a good option to look at that won't cost the earth.

7. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

I've never owned a Beretta, i did like my Miroku MK38 trap for DTL, just wondered what they were like to own an shoot. I guess if they were that good they would have been in production for a longer than they were, probably. I've never seen one on the clay circuit, maybe that speaks volumes.:confused:

8. Iggypot

Iggypot Busy Member

Lot of bad press about new anything new if you listen to it, the new Berettas are no good, neither are the new Brownings for that matter....the old VW Golf is better than the new one as is the old Range Rover etc, etc....strange how all these companies know less about making stuff now than they did 30 years ago.

Simple reason you see more old guns around than newer ones, they’ve been around longer. My advice is to try a few, you asked about the Prevail and as an owner of one I gave you my opinion.

I’ve owned several MK38’s over the years, grade 1’s 3’s and 5’s and they are a very good piece of kit...but to me and my hands it’s a dead, lifeless lump of nose heavy wood & metal compared to my 694.....but to someone else it might be the other way round.

Try a few and pick what’s feels right to you, and puts a smile on your face....enjoying the ownership is an important ingredient.

Buckshot and Figgy like this.
  9. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

I'll go and have a look at a Beretta SV10 Prevail trap when the RFD is open for business, i don't like being without a trap gun, kinda takes me back to my previous life.
    It's quite sad in a way that recreational DTL has dropped off the scene in recent years. I used to enjoy a "bale shoot" of an evening back in the day.
    Oh well, looking forward to a round of "sporting" tomorrow, any trigger time is good.

Iggypot likes this.
  10. Figgy

Figgy Keyboard Hero

Trouble with trap shooting is same with skeet. Miss one or two targets you might as well wrap.up and go home.
    Allround seems to getting more popular. I'm a sporting shooter, if trap and skeet was all there was I wouldn't shoot it's not for me. But each to their own.

11. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

I know what you mean about dropping a couple of birds in a 100 round of registered DTL, you might as well get in the car and head home. When i used to shoot DTL comps it was very focused not like sporting where you have a bit of banter and a crack with your mates.

12. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

The prevail didn’t really sell on great numbers and was a bit marmite.

it was aimed at smaller and ladies really hence there lack of sales

You are either a Browning/Miroku fit or a Beretta fit try an offering from both before parting with any money

I def shoot and handle a Browning better than a Beretta and I’ve had a 692 gold e a miroku mk38 and a 525 grade 6 and loved both the latter and shot far better due to the stock cast

13. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

I guess the Miroku is the sensible choice, mine was a 32" but whatever trap gun i decide on it'll be a 30"er. I find they're a bit handier for ABT.