1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

SURPRISE !!!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by TORNADOS7, Aug 12, 2014.

1. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Well I started my new job last week so it's been a bit of a hectic few days to say the least anyway we were sat in the tea room this morning when one of "Ye Olde" green keepers poked his head round the door to meet the new boy (me) so I popped the kettle on and made a cuppa for him as we sat chatting about this and that (how things have changed etc etc) when he noticed my rifle bag behind me "shoot do you" he said so I replied "yeah, air rifle" "oh rite" he said "if you can find the key to that cabinet over there, there's an old air rifle in it you can ave it if you want, I left it here when I retired" "thanks very much" I replied thinking it's gonna be some rusted BSA relic from the mid 50's or something !...

Well I couldn't find the key as expected so one of the other keepers grabbed a jemmy and prised it open, sat inside was a green gun bag which I promptly picked up noting how light it was "hmm wonder what this'll turn out to be then" I thought.

Well stone the frickin crows, imagine my surprise when upon opening the bag I was confronted with the sight of a "wait for it" Theoben Scirocco Classic !!!...

OOHH YEAHHH, this things got a thumbhole stock with a Bisley adjustable butt pad the only problem being it's L/H, the rifle itself is in reasonable condition with some rust patches here and there but it still shoots well considering it hasn't seen the light of day for about 8yrs, the bore is clean and rust free thankfully !!!...

Tomorrow I'm gonna run it over my combro to see what it's running at, I'll keep you posted !!!...

2. Stu83

Stu83 Engaging Member

Jammy bar steward:D

3. p45ton

p45ton Busy Member

Wow lucky b****r, let us have a look then.

4. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

Jammy git....

Good score though :)
    Be a good one to refurb :)

5. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

As stated above..........jammy bar stewad.

6. jw74

jw74 Posting Addict

Jammy b****r! Where's the pics?

7. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

Its a lefty :) how lucky , I know someone who could give it a loving home :rolleyes:

8. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

It's not a real one....a real one would be in a blue gun bag. :D

Beautiful rifle. I bet it will be running sweetly at around 11.2 - do not take it higher, it doesn't need it. They are one of the best rifles ever made - it is only now having slagged Theoben off for years that people are starting to realise just how well made Theoben rifles really were....only at the end were they getting dodgy and that was down to poor management and farming work out to various sub-contractor engineers or cheap labour on the machines, because the orginators were no longer involved.

9. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

somebody is smiling down you mate,......;)
    enjoy....:cool:

10. warrenater

warrenater Donator

jammy dodger lol enjoy atb gary.

11. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

If that had been me, the rifle would have been some .-awful BAM heap of Censored, rusty as a horseshoe and running at about 4.3fpe with a kick like a humping rhino.

12. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Will do buddy as soon as I get some piccies of her on me phone !...

13. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Haha, that's what I was expecting !...

14. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Yes matey my thoughts persactly !...

15. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Im afraid she's a keeper mate, always wanted a Theoben Rammer but since their demise I was reluctant to lash out on one but as this one's a freebie I've no excuse !...

I may try and do some kind of deal on the stock, maybe advertise it as a swap for a R/H sporter as I'm sure there's somebody out there who is a true left hooker with a R/H stock !...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  16. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

E
    Enjoy matey , but if she ever needs a loving home first dibs please :)

17. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

You got it buddy !...

18. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Forum Hopscotch Champion

Without pictures this thread is a fantasy:worthless:

19. nath92

nath92 Donator

Well done fella nice one
    Atb
    Nath

20. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Giss a chance mate I'm old skool so I gotta figure out how to do it first, let alone get it done !...:D