1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions Please Gents!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Sniper Zero, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Sniper Zero

Sniper Zero Active Member

What do you lot think of the Desert Eagle in CO2?
    Thinking of getting one at the right price.

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

That gun is a big no-no, stay away.

3. sirok

sirok Guest

I've 3 CO2 pistols, umarex beretta, colt 1911 and walther CP99 - all nickel and they are lots of fun for plinking cans at 10 to 15 metres, thats about it on range. They look nice and are nice to handle but wouldn't really say much else about CO2 pistols.

Power isn't great, once I've my license here in a few weeks I'll be getting a Walther P22 .22lr - while I can before I go to London end of the year at which point I'll have to resell - bit crazy the UK pistol team for the Olympics has to train overseas as its illegal for them to practise in the UK.

In the UK I also read you can have serious problems with proper replicas

4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

british gun laws are a walk in the park:rolleyes:

(well a very big one anyway):eek:

5. Sniper Zero

Cheers guys, listen this FAC thing....what is it? FireArms Certificate?

Cognition, please elaborate buddy!

6. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

yep basicly lets you have guns over 12ftlbs

7. sirok

sirok Guest

thought I would put up what I was talking about before, the restrictions I had read about in the UK regarding imitations,

the link is as follows:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006/ukpga_20060038_en_1#36

below is a cut an paste of certain parts of the Violent Crime Reduction Act that I found interesting
    imitation firearms

36 Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(d) he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

Presumably I would be guilty then of bringing in my replica CO2 pistols....although not sure - are these for sale in the UK??

(7) A realistic imitation firearm brought into Great Britain shall be liable to forfeiture under the customs and excise Acts.

not a pretty picture considering I'd paid about 200 EUR each for them, hate to hand them over to some customs official of then brings them home to plink cans.

(9) An offence under this section shall be punishable, on summary conviction—
    (a) in England and Wales, with imprisonment for a term not exceeding 51 weeks or with a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or with both

yikes!:(

38 Meaning of “realistic imitation firearm”

(1) In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitation firearm” means an imitation firearm which—
    (a) has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm; and
    (b) is neither a de-activated firearm nor itself an antique.
    (2) For the purposes of this section, an imitation firearm is not (except by virtue of subsection (3)(b)) to be regarded as distinguishable from a real firearm for any practical purpose if it could be so distinguished only
    (a) by an expert; true for my CO2 pistols

(b) on a close examination; or also true in my case
    (c) as a result of an attempt to load or to fire it. also true

so if you're in the UK sniper I think you could have problems but perhaps somebody here could give us more details for those that have replica CO2 pistols, are they for sale? and if so, are they classified as firearms and hence you need an FAC for a CO2 pistol even if its below the 6 limit.

I'm shuddering the thought of having to leave them behind with my in-laws here on the continent when I move to the UK....

and as one last point to your original question, I like my CO2 pistols but don't think I would buy another one and also think I should only have ever bought one. They are nice for plinking but thats it....unless you have a serious rat problem and your barn is full of them, then they could be somewhat more useful:D

8. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

All airguns are classed as firearms....Is that clear to you

9. Buzz

Buzz Banned

This "immitation gun " thing confuses me too. It says they can't be bought or sold, but yet several gun shops I've been in recently are still selling them. Now they wouldn't be selling the if they couldn't, because it would ruin their business if caught, so I don't know just what is and isn't legal !!

10. Sniper Zero

I kinda figured all air guns are classed as firearms. So what does the FAC entitle and how much?

11. Buzz

Buzz Banned

You have to have a Fire Arm Certificate for any gun over 12 ft/lbs except a shotgun and for that you need a Shotgun Certificate. The cost of either is very cheap considering...I think they are around £50 each and that lasts for 5 years. If you have BOTH, they can be coterminous....ending at the same time....and then you get both for something like £60 if processed simultaneously.
    The stupid thing is that a Shotgun Cert is pretty damned easy to get and that allows you to own an almost limitless number of shotguns (limited only by your security level) and up to 12,000 cartridges of 12 bore size. BUT, if you have an air rifle that's only 13ft/lbs you need a Fire Arm Cert that is MUCH harder to get.

The Law is crazy !!!!!!!

12. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Yep that abt covers it buzz, u can have your semi-auto 12g on your firearms, if u up rate the amount u can load in to the shotgun, i.e. from 3 shell's to 8. Andy

13. sirok

sirok Guest

I don't live in the UK and haven't taken the time nor will I be likely to any time soon to review UK legislation. The reason I asked the question is I didn't know and thought along the lines that an FAC entitled you to hold firearms, but an air rifle under the 12 limit didn't require declaration nor certification and so I understood that by default it wasn't considered a firearm under UK legislations ....it was just my interpretation BUT you've sparked my curiousity and I'll go looking for the legal definition when I get a minute to spare.

14. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

When u come to the uk, what ever area u come to, phone up that area (Police)local firearms dept, they may be able to answer your questions, just a thought...best of luck Andy