1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Strip Daystate huntsman

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Meteor62, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

After having a conversation on the airgun forum zello site yesterday I got to thinking.

The chap I was talking to said he was going back to springers because he likes to service his guns himself and felt he couldn't do that with a pcp and I thought he's got a good point. I would love to service my huntsman rather than have to pay someone a hundred and plenty quid to do it. So my question is is it feasible for me to service my own huntsman ? Are there any strip down guides out there? What tools will I need? Can I adjust the power a little more nearer the limit? (Maybe reply to that one via pm) answers much appreciated.

2. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

The Huntsman has a pin going diagonally across the power adjuster inside the safety lever mechanism, this as well as the triangular head bolts at the rear of the breech make up the AT, so in effect you have two AT's in place.

Without going into detail, if you get the triangular breech bolts removed, you can then strip the gun and adjust the output without worrying about the pin inside the safety.

Please do not send me a PM regarding this as i get lots of these types of PM's and in all honesty i haven't got the time to give the detailed replies that they need.

There are strip guides available at the Daystate owners club ;)

3. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

North Bristol, South Gloucestershire (Thornbury)
    Stripping a pcp down is simple you only need an Allen key. I've serviced my s400 in the sense that I replaced all the seals and gave all the moving parts a good oiling. I also replaced the main cylinder as it had a blow out during that heat wave we had.

There are plenty of sites that host diagrams of the rifles and YouTube videos of how to strip them.

4. andy46

andy46 Donator

don't forget,if you mess it all up,and end up having to send it back to daystate to get fixed it will cost you,if its under warranty I would let them do the work for a service,i thought if you removed the anti tamper the warranty was void.
    spring gun strips yes
    pcp strips no

5. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

Removing the anti tamper doesn't void the warranty it makes the rifle illegal.

And stripping a pcp is very easy. Found stripping mine far easier than stripping my springer. Far less moving parts and fiddly bits.

6. jjones

jjones Well-Known Member

there is no legal requirement for a PCP air rifle to have an anti tamper device, therefore how is removing it illegal?

7. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

AT is not a Legal requirement
    It was carried out by Air Gun Trade in a effort to stop further legislation @ the time

The person that threatened the Trade has since moved on - so not a Issue

Biggest Joke is that majority of Air Guns are Factory tested in Batches - so often they send out a well over or under powered Air Gun

Daystates will remove on Request - if Gun is returned to Factory or made to order

It's Accepted in Law that if you play with a product that warrenty might not be continued

Depends on what the owner does to the Gun and original parts

Even with AT fitted - once you leave the Shop - you are liable for power Control

Joke as even Retailers are not allowed AT Service Kits to keep them Legal

As Stated many times buying a New gun get it power Checked with choice of pellets before
    parting with payment - Dealer unwilling or able - go to another Dealer

Not Deal is worth having issues of a over or under powered Air Gun

BOB/R

8. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

Because most rifles are set to the legal limit. You remove the anti tamper and increase the power and now it's illegal. Why remove the tamper if you don't plan to increase the power?

9. jjones

jjones Well-Known Member

to have the freedom to change the power.

you may need to decrease it to keep the rifle legal for example. if your gun is out of warranty then to lower the limit means a trip to your RFD, he will send it to Hull, 3 weeks later you may get it back, hopefully in the same condition, with a nice bill for you to pay.

10. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

To service it, adjust the power ( it may be way low)
    first thing I did when I got my AT 44 was to drill the AT out
    open up the transfer port, polish the hammer and probe etc
    fit a regulator and tune to a very stable 11.5 ft pounds
    some info on this gun
    http://www.theywalkamongstus.co.uk/airguns/at44.html

At no time has this gun been over power, but I removed the AT some of us are always working on / modifying our guns all legal bt AT is a pain for us

my other guns have no AT but then they never did
    cheers
    simon

11. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

I'm lucky mine is pre anti tamper :D

12. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

I think you've been misguided, anybody can legally remove the AT from their gun, or have somebody to remove it for them.

Stripping a gun is not easy if the AT is in place ;)

13. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Reading all this confirms what I thought. Self maintenance of a pcp is a minefield of dangers.

14. Samobaggins

Samobaggins Big Poster

I have a huntsman,and had a dealer take the AT out for me so I could maintain it my self.its not illegal to have a rifle with them removed it is illegal to have a rifle over 12flbs and it's your response ability to make sure it's not over. Ignorance is not a defence. A polish and a tweak made it smoother to shoot.

Macca2 likes this.