1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

stoeger x20 supressor

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by john2667, Jul 1, 2012.

1. john2667

john2667 Engaging Member

i know this may have been talked about but i want to know peoples views on this gun and what pellets they are using and also where can i buy 1 from in the east midlands
    thanks for your time

2. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

they had good reviews, go on the importers web site see who is near you to buy

3. dave1962

dave1962 Posting Addict

I have an x20 supressor and have found it to be good value for money, I have the 22 and use aa diabolo fields its very accurate but the trigger is not the best.

Cheers Dave

4. 3CM

3CM Engaging Member

I use webley accupell, found h&n and bisley are too tight in the barrel.

I also have had a new trigger and a spring kit fitted.

5. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Save your money, use Crosman Premiers not Accupells, same pellet, just cheaper as you are buying with the makers name on it not Webleys!

6. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello give a pm to highland chief as see he has 1 and see 3CM said can get better trigger system also good pellet info.

7. pistolpete1981

pistolpete1981 Busy Member

Get yourself down to John Knibbs in Shustoke and get one brand new with a decent enough 3-9x40 scope for £135. Go for .22 as the .177 has a much greater recoil and get the trigger sorted as well to make it a bit easier. I put exacts through mine with very tight grouping for a springer out to 30yrds

8. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

there if you can get to john knibbs like pistol pete said and hope you get sorted with a better trigger system so nice gun for about £150. good luck

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  9. pistolpete1981

pistolpete1981 Busy Member

Great starter rifle matey, I loved mine and it was pretty lethal once you get used to how it shoots. The only thing I would say is that the suppressor does make it quieter than without it, but not as quiet as you might think i.e. like a dedicated silencer

And the other thing to note is that the .22 is a lot quieter than the .177.

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  10. JBtheairshooter

JBtheairshooter Member

Hi John.
    good choice for a well priced gun.
    I have had a .22 version for just about a year now, and recently bought another for my nephew.
    pellets wise, RWS Superdomes seem to work very well for the price.
    Try to use ones with a good reliable 'headsize' (dont buy too cheap!)

Watch what scope you get/fit, it can make the gun seem quite 'heavy'.
    i have a 50mm AO scope, but prefer a 40mm version (perhaps i'm weedy?)
    Lastly.
    the stock trigger is a pile of poo.
    do yourself a favour, and get a Charlie Da Tuna upgrade from the USA.
    10 minutes to fit, $30ish (dollars)
    WHAT a difference!!!!
    enjoy!!

11. martyge2010

martyge2010 Busy Member

Or go for the welsh Willy trigger, same as the Charlie da tuna trigger but comes from the UK.

Or you could just buy one from woodfield gcp with the trigger and tuning kit already fitted :D

12. nevermiss1

nevermiss1 Engaging Member

nevermiss1

I would say the same as a few on here the original trigger is useless i got one from welsh willy and it made a great difference im also sending it down to get it tuned as mine is only putting out 9. Odds lbs and isnt working as good as it could so i suggest u buy one out of woodfield gcp and dont make same mistake i did. On another note tho before mine went on the brink i was using rws superdomes and was getting pellet on pellet groupings at 30 yds andalso got some good killsat 40 45 yds i cant fault these guns at all hence why im getting mine fixed rather than buy a tx or hw.

13. Darbzilla

Darbzilla Newbie

I bought a Stoeger X20 .177 off the forums for £100 with an ok scope, the advice on the thread is very consistent with the trust. The .177 is quite heavy - in comparison to my mates BSA Lightening - the 2 stage trigger isn't great and the recoil is effecting my accuracy atm. But, I'm happy with it in terms of price and power. I'd keep your eyes on the forums for a bargain though, my mate got his BSA for £160 and it's very tidy.

14. dogshark

dogshark Member

I got a 177 X20 Suppressor and have been shooting it for a while.

Tried lots of pellets and have found a few that it seems to like.
    RWS Superdomes seem the most consistant. Good grouping at shorter ranges < 30 yards.
    Daystate Rangemaster Li seem to shoot pretty nice with my X20. Better for me at longer ranges > 30yards.
    Airarms Diabolo field were ok too.

Agree with most on here that the trigger is iffy. I will be swapping mine for a Welsh Willy soon.

Watch the break barrel too. The weight of the suppressor makes the break quite light so if you drop the gun in your hand or rest too heavy, your barrel breaks.
    Not a big deal just means you have to treat her gently.

15. martyge2010

martyge2010 Busy Member

That's exactly what I found with mine. Superdomes for 30 yards are brilliant. And the Li's perform better further out.

As I mostly shoot at 30 yrds I save the money and use the domes. But there's nothing to choose between them other than the price for what I use them for.

I just wish my TX liked superdomes as much, it would save me a fortune. Especially as it a .22 :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  16. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello which trigger system is the one from charlie de tuna for this stoeger X 20 ?

17. JBtheairshooter

JBtheairshooter Member

Hello!
    sorry for the slow response, been away!
    the Charlie da Tuna trigger is called the GRt3.
    and it is NOT the same as Welsh Willys.
    my X20 S has had both, the Charlie trigger is the one it still has.
    Don't worry, you won't be sorry with Charlie's trigger, I wasn't!!!
    pm me if you need anymore info.
    rgds.