1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Still think you would do porridge for over 12ft lb?

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Meteor62, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

After reading this I would doubt it.
    [​IMG]

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

To save people from twisted necks :D

[​IMG]

An interesting read....

3. Sir Oscar

Sir Oscar Donator

Surely it should be the father up in court? The boy shouldn't have access to the guns without his fathers presence.

4. JD

JD Donator

Secret hand shakes Meteor, don't think for one minute you, I or anybody else, wouldn't get some bird, one rule for one, one rule for another.

5. Jfrwhite

Jfrwhite Posting Addict

The article states that the 'boy' is 31 so not a boy after all :)

6. Sir Oscar

Sir Oscar Donator

His age is irrelevant. The guns should be under lock and key, and only the certificate holder should be in possession of the key.
    That's my understanding anyway.

7. JD

JD Donator

I know of a Solicitor who lost his license, as his mother was left in charge of the gun cab keys.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  8. Jfrwhite

Jfrwhite Posting Addict

I see your point, I thought you meant he was a child. However, only one of the guns belonged to his father so his father should be responsible for that one, however the others were not his fathers so if he was in possession then he is responsible.

9. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

However you look at it, there could be interesting precedent being set here.

10. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

11. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

now those are what I call firearms!! Not sub 12 Flbs. Lucky man!, sorry boy. atb Paul.

12. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

The Judge probably gets all his farm produce/meat etc from the farmer - one rule for them, one for us :rules:

13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

You would be very niave to think you wouldnt get porridge based on these two cases i no of lads what have been remanded in prison for been in possesion of pellets after been released from prison ie after getting the automatic 5 year fire arms ban when released after a 6 month and above sentance english law is a crazy law what some one gets a £100 fine in one part the country in the other part u may get a 6 month prison sentance quoting the second link would a extra 3 ftlb ie 15ftlb supercharged air gun be worth it i think not tbh

14. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Wished i had scrolled down a little further now.:frusty: my necks killing me.

15. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

We are talking farmers here mind. A gun is just a tool to them. They have been around guns all their lives and they are probably propped up in the corner of the room where they have been for years. That is a world away from an
    ex con in London who has a gun hidden under his bed.

16. mildot

mildot Busy Member

Guns w/o licences, hollowpoints and coke ... no sinister aspect ??

17. Sir Oscar

Sir Oscar Donator

Your right. I forgot he was a farmer, gun laws don't apply then! ;)

18. Sir Oscar

Sir Oscar Donator

Sorry never answered this earlier. You are correct, they should have both been in court for firearms offences. And the son should also have had a double whammy for drug offences.
    . knows how they got away with it.
    As said above. It's not what you know...

19. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Permission available near rugby. Where is the problem. !!!!!! :) :) :)

20. warrenater

warrenater Donator

x2 i agree wholeheartedly. atb gary.