1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Still saving

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by a1gunner, Sep 1, 2008.

1. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

so far i has £325 in my piggy bank:)

only the T-10 costs around £425:(

i were thinking what about getting a Logun solo (£300) and then the 10 shot mag for it.

thing is it wont be an "auto loading bolt action" but i wont have to feed pellets into it.

what you reckon keep saving or the solo or BSA ultra:confused:

2. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Get the BSA ...better build than the solo

3. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

The BSA ultra instead of the solo but i dont know what T-10 has to offer .Whats better about it than the BSA ? Is it really worth spending another £100 ? Plus if you get the BSA you'll have the option to get in your favourite caliber 177 :D The best airgun caliber

4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

the extra £100 gives me a multishot and longer barel and cylinder

5. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

You tell him Hughie.... ha ha :D:D:D

6. Rambo

Rambo Engaging Member

Don't you already have an S410?, if so I reckon that'll take a lot of beating.

With a transaction of my own in progress, that'll hopefully land me another £200, taking my total up to around £400. I might just keep saving for a .177 Air Ranger / Wolf. Maybe a Steyr Hunter or Rapid MFR. Might be a long time though, but definitely in .177. . I love the MFR, although I don't like the £800 (Over £900 scoped)

I go airgunning twice as much as my friend, & he buy his-self a new gun every 6 month. He had a Career 707 (80ftIb) & a Rapid (40ftIb), & bought & sold them both in the same year. He got an Air Ranger (40ftIb) at Christmas, & just bought a £2500 Shotgun a week back. He's going on about getting a .22 Rimfire now, just for me because I asked him to :p. Surely an upgrade gun for a person who uses it a lot, to say someone who doesn't & gets all this :(. That excuse might settle the mum & dad a bit :).

Another friend is just as bad, but with motorbikes. He came to our house last sunday on a brand new modded Honda CB900, with gold-plated ports. He's now sold it & a new CB900 being delivered today (It has a fairing over the bars).

Only a few months until christmas now, & I'm going to just ask for the money instead of presents :D. I'll soon have enough.

Maybe you ought to do that A1, that way you'll have the money to buy your desire & not just go with a budget. Only a couple of months :).

:up:

7. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Getting the Solo now just because you have the money now instead of later would be a bad mistake a1, stick to your guns and get the BSA, definitely :up:

8. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

I new to the sport somaybe i just dont get it because im a beginner . But why do you need multi shot when ever has the problem occured where you need to shoot a rabbit ten times . Please explain why its good to have multi shot.

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

It benefits me because I like the cycling action, that's all :D I'm not a hunter, maybe I will be some day who knows.

10. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

youve not seen welsh rabbits:D

lamping is a good example:
    1.find pellet in dark
    2.put pellet in the breach in the dark and put it in the right way round
    3.put tim back in pocket
    4.ensure fly is done up
    7.learn how to count

now multishot:
    1. find bolt
    2.pull bolt
    3.push bolt
    4.ensure ly is done up
    7.learn how to count

i dont think points 4 and 7 actually occure but its still importatn to check once in a while:D

also no pocket fluff gets into the pellet

11. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

12. Rambo

Rambo Engaging Member

1) PCPs are now reaching the limit of nearly silent, so it is possible you could kill one Rabbit, then another alonside it without it hearing the silent shot. Or on the other hand, missing a quarry then quickly reloading to take it again. Quick bolt-action / sidelever cocking could do this whilst a springer gives away movement & sound whilst cocking.

2) Multi-shot saves constant reloading after every shot, therefore stopping the fiddly process of pellet-handling in the field, especially .177 but the same for all calibres.

3) Well as far as my mind takes me, multi-shot makes reloading quicker, quieter, easier & less fiddly. You can load your magazine (s) in the comfort of your home before a session.

If you're just a beginner, then a springer will suit you better, but in a couple of years time, you'll probably fancy a multi-shot PCP :).

:up:

13. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

I know i'll want a pcp but a multi shot , No! Apart from anything else im not sure if i ever want to spend over £400 on a air gun. Why ? I can only go about once a week for couple hours if i am lucky so for me it would be a waste of money especially since i have add the price of the gas tank on . Cant be bothered with pump :D

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

your poor:rolleyes::D

yea i know says the person saving up for budget guns:rolleyes:

15. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

Yeah thats why 177 beats 22 again theyre cheaper:D

16. Rambo

Rambo Engaging Member

i
    len
    Silence, I'll kill you on COD4 :D. Anyway, sorry I didn't mean it that way, I meant your budget. If you've got that far you may aswell keep saving & buy the one you really want.

Sorry for any offence taken, but I will kill you :D

17. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Come on BF2 I'll G3 your arse :D

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

on COD 4 the G3 blows:D
    its only single shot:rolleyes:
    sure the 7.62 round does dammage but just doesnt have the rate to put rounds down range and supress the target:D

now the M16 or the G36c is far better:D

oh BTW rambo bring it on i'll make you my bitch:D

what were we on about again:confused:

19. jamessuper10

jamessuper10 Engaging Member

hey a1
    i looked at the solo when i was getting my gun, and man i tell you i love the solo if it was a multi shot i would have had it... but the super 10 offered the 10 shot mag and that sold me!

and as mentioned earlier by someone saying its in the better cal .177 dont know about that only real men use .22:) il say no more

20. i8allthepies

i8allthepies Posting Addict

Like you, A1, I'm saving - but in my case it's for my first PCP. So far I've seen and like-
    Air Arms S410
    Brocock Enigma Deluxe
    BSA Scorpion
    BSA T10
    BSA Ultra multishot
    and
    HW100S (but thats a stretch, I've got to get a bottle and a scope)
    Buy now or keep saving?
    can't wait, won't wait......