1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

still looking for a decent multishot co2 plinker

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Shelfside, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Shelfside

Shelfside Active Member

Hi again, been a while since my last post ! Still looking for a decent powered (fps) multishot pistol. Mainly looking at blowbacks, but would listen to all opinions. so, in a nutshell what would be the perfect choice for fun plinking but also with a bit of oomph and reasonable accuracy.Have whittled down by myself to the Crossman c41, (mainly due to claimed fps) and the Tanfoglio witness (mainly down to realism looks and good reviews) but would be open to any advice. Budget. Wise I'm looking at anything up to £150 /£160. Due to my location, I'm limited to where I can purchase ,Ronnie sunshines or woodys of Wembley. Thanks in advance for your superior knowledge and experience , regards, Col.

2. Ashley92

Ashley92 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want out of an air pistol to be honest. If your budget is that high your better off looking further than the c41 as you'll pick one up a fraction of the price. If your looking for good fun and quality you can't go wrong with the cp88 they have to be one of the best air pistols to shoot,and they look the part. With a budget like that and for a gun with good blow back and shooting experience you can't go wrong with the 177 dessert eagle. might be worth youtubing what you like the look of to see how they preform for yourself! You should get quite far with a generous budget though and I'm sure you will find what suits you best... good luck!

3. Shelfside

Shelfside Active Member

Thanks for the reply, have looked at the cp88 and it doesn't really do it for me, bit moulded looking and as for the desert eagle, have only seen them with the revolver type mag which does not appeal. I know you can get the longer style mags, but it looks a bit ugly. Ideally want a pistol that fires steel *** rather than pellets. Although having said that I quite like the setup of the gamo pt 85 tactical. For now though I'm just looking for a competent well made full metal, if possible, fun to own and shoot in the (large yard) or friends even larger plot of land!

4. Ashley92

Ashley92 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. revolver type mags aren't ideal and the guns are moulded slightly, the gamo 85 is good though you'll get some serious raid fire out of it with no problems, nice looking with good reviews. Accessories for this gun are endless as well check out this video its fully kitted out, a bit over the top though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHMHusmFDo

here's a full review of it :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQVQTVFdDJg

hope that's more helpful but the best advice I can recommend is just to research as much as you can, you'll soon find something you really like and suit, sorry I can't help more I'm sure someone else has some good advice here though

5. datadave

datadave Engaging Member

From my experience, revolver type mags are to be avoided - unless they have a sound seal system between valve and cylinder and positive cylinder indexing. The Gamo R77 suffers from lack of these, with much potential power being lost as 'blow-by' between cylinder and valve and cylinder and barrel. By their very nature, revolvers suffer from blow-by - witness the flash that comes from the rear of the cylinder when a firearm revolver is fired in the dark!

Good luck with your search! - datadave