1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

sticking up for my hubs

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by kawasandy, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kawasandy

kawasandy Banned

it seems I was right about this forum
    put a post up last night defending my husband
    thread got deleted
    my husband got banned from this forum which he once loved for 30 days
    now a life ban???????
    all because he had a long running disagreement with a certain member of the mod team
    spermball

2. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I think you should get over it. Iv seen your husband jump in and make he's self busy and helped get people banned now it's he's turn. Move on don't worry about. Bye

3. Critanime

Critanime Donator

And calling someone a "spermball" is really going to help.... :doh:

4. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

C'mon Andy stop pretending it's your Mrs ...say what you want to say and get it over and done with ..your not going to get the ban reversed so get this done

5. rogersavery

rogersavery Well-Known Member

I don't think she was calling anyone spermball - I saw it at the bottom of the post and assumed it was her signature/nickname

6. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Enough is enough!!! Bilge like this does our forum no good! Let's all move on now!!

7. T 20

T 20 Busy Member

Maybe not, but it gives a good idea of what the Mod team have to put up with and why they took the action they did though. ;)

8. norman

norman Donator

And you should know Mick...:facepalm:

9. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

As someone above says, this don't do our great forum any favours, there are some excellent members on here who have been treated bad at times, they have just not deserved some of the abuse they got, especially the mods who work hard keeping it together.
    Simple don't break the rules, enjoy the forum.

10. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

I miss all the fun. Trying to figure out which former member was from Llanelli lol.

Got to say, I think it's a fairly difficult forum to get a life ban from. Everyone has opinions but if it quickly moves into personal attacks then action needs taking.

I personally can't be arsed getting personal although I suppose it could be very easy to it'so. I have enough stress at work so use this place as a way to unwind with a beer.

It's not life and death, it's a forum plain and simple.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  11. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

On forum life we can be who ever we wish and some are able to keep their ugly side at bay, others let them loose now and then.

But the AGF is not Facebook where you can get away with being more abusive. There are rule and mods to keep us all from straying out of line.

Most do not know what went on behind closed doors between him and the mods. But from Andy's conduct and abuse on the forum, it does make me wonder if the house move not down to his neighbours abuse but his own!

If Andy reads this I'm sorry you got a ban but it does seem your down fall was bought on by yourself and no other. I know we are not all angels but sometimes it's easier to turn the pc off and have a cup of tea.....let it go.

Andrew

12. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

You are right and I agree with what your saying but some times even when you tell people just leave off forget about it and you turn the pc off they then take that as a weakness and get on your case more ...so you gotta do what you gotta do some times atb

13. Tatts

Tatts Posting Addict

My nieces favourite seems fitting here...

[video=youtube;L0MK7qz13bU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU[/video]

14. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Funny how a lot of members have enjoyed quality bargains from Andy over the years and he had built himself a solid reputation on here.

Even funnier how members quickly forget all the good and only concentrate of the negative when that person is in need of a bit of support.

If any of you knew the details, you might find yourself *******g ashamed of yourselves! :mad: I hope Karma comes back and swallows you all up when it's your turn... I hope you find others there mocking and laughing at you - just so you know how it feels. spiteful bitchy people are showing their colours.

15. Tatts

Tatts Posting Addict

^ Never knew him or know why how what where is ban involves but discussing it on a public forum using someone elses name won't get you very far and probably only making the matter worse :up:

16. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

Indeed you may!

Lets get a few things straightened out for the good of all.

Firstly several of the mods (myself included) got on well with Andy, I would go so far as to call him a friend. I have had numerous dealings with him and met him several times where good times were had. I would also hope he knows that if he ever needed my help as a Mod or a friend I would try to accomadate him.

Now in regards to Andys Ban, It was not a decision taken lightly, And it was disscussed as a team as all these things are.
    Up until now Andy and his Ms have been the only ones to put a side forward which was fine as we are not in the habbit of disscussing such things on the open forum.
    However I feel that everyone could benefit from the story the other side of the fence on this.

Those of you who have known Andy will know he has had numerous bans from numerous mods for numerous reasons over the years, Most members get warnings or some other form of attention from us over the course of membership. Its just going to happen as we are all human and he was always accepted back with open arms once the ban was up.

Now you may be intrested to know the reason for Andys ban this time and it may shock you all the nature of it bearing in mind his excellent sales reputation on this forum.
    You may or may not know Andy had moved house, So with his latest move he was asked if he would mind updating his sellers info.
    We obviously had no suspicions of him doing anything bad but it was a general request that would be made to any member regardless of their sales feedback or reputation.
    Hell even my info is on the system!

For some unknown reason Andy seemed to take offence to this request and see it as some sort of personal vendetta against him by the Mod in question and then proceded to throw some rather nasty insults towards said mod.

I ask everyone at this point to remember as mods we are here to do a voluntary job, We do not get paid or and other form of reward or compensation for what is very often a thankless task.
    And we sure as hell do not appreciate having abuse thrown at us for what is a very pathetic reason.

Andy was asked to calm down and think about what he was doing, Which I will also add did not have to be done.
    I have banned people for life for lesser comments than what was made. But instead he decided to continue his abuse towards the Mod and then even the forum as a whole.

This was considered totally unaceptable and against the better intrests of the forum.

It was then decided by the team that it best for everyone if Andy was banned for life.

So there you have it people. Make of that what you will, I hold no personal grudge against Andy but we can not and will not allow what happened to continue on here and that is that.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  17. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Can't argue with that ....Andy was in the wrong and got banned ...job done and think he and he's Mrs should get over it and move on atb

18. milek

milek Honorary Member

Fully understand the need to protect the members from fraud. That being the case how is it that a known fraudster still remains able to come on these boards despite what a member has been through? link

19. norman

norman Donator

Agreed...I've been banned from another forum...SBB:wave:...move on..life is tooo short...I started a belltarget club in my local British Legion & we now host the largest independent airgun fayre in the UK...100's of airgunners visit us every year...£1,000's raised for charity...turn it in to a positive & let it go...:thumb:

20. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I'll just say a couple of words, rules & respect.
    If in the main these are adhered to the forum ticks along fine, it's when people appear to make their own rules or disrespect those who are 'attempting' to keep things in order that a restriction is enforced.
    It's in the rules for all to read yet still the mods get asked why this or why that as if it's us who are not doing something.

I have nothing personal against any member, let's just enjoy the forum that Andy has created & also puts endless hours in to keep us all on line, long may it last ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.