1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Steyr Hunting 5 Automatic

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by AirGhandi, Oct 4, 2015.

1. AirGhandi

AirGhandi Engaging Member

The Robin likes this.
  2. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

YEP best air rifle I have shot, so much fun they should be illegal oops I mean are legal , thanks for the video

3. poorshot

poorshot Engaging Member

I tried a friends Hunting 5 a couple of months ago. very nice rifle, but god it was noisy. I couldn't work out if the noise was
    from the barrel or the breach. Shame it wasn't threaded for a silencer.
    It amused me that its called a "hunting", as after the first shot, I don't think you would see a rabbit for dust.

4. badgerginger

badgerginger Engaging Member

I have the scout version and yes it is quite loud but with the steyr adaptor and huggett silencer fitted it is very quiet, and easily the most fun you can have with your clothes on! great rifles, wish you could get longer mags for more shots, also I have had 2 scouts, both had very nicely grained walnut stocks fitted.

5. In-exile

In-exile Donator

Any photos bud?

6. AirGhandi

aren´t they legal in UK?
    I thought the Germans are the only Nation who has very strict rights for weapons...

In Germany this Airgun-Rifle is allowed for everybody over 18 Years. But only in the "F"-Version what means 7,5J. But here it isn´t allowed to hunt with it. But it´s ok to shoot in your house with it. But it´s not ok to shoot in the garden where the dia can leave your ground... so you need a ground with about 200 to 200 meters... but who has one? ;-)

Yes this Rifle is loud, but hey... it´s a Rifle and no Water-Pistol! I love it loud! :-D
    But what badgerginger says is right. You can use the Adapter (http://www.steyr-sport.com/index.ph...ayout/fuer-luftgewehre-2/1-2-zoll-unf-adapter) and then for example the silencer from Weihrauch. It costs about 50 Euros (40 Pounds?). This works very well. In the german Forums you can read a loot good reviews about it.

Longer mags aren´t planned. But if you buy a few mags more, the reload is very fast. You can see in my last video, but i didn´t hurry. After shooting one year with that Rifle i think you can reload in 2 or 3 seconds :)

If there are more questions, ask me.

Have a nice Evening! :)

Fusty Fieldcrafter likes this.
  7. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Very nice, looks a really top set up :up:

8. wobblybootie

wobblybootie Donator

Want one!!

9. ggrk

ggrk Newbie

Dissapointed with H5

I got mine recently (new), came with the barrel loose. That was fixed. There is malfunctioning with the safety, safety on/press trigger/safety off - the H5 might fire without the trigger being pressed. Confirmed this with another H5. After a few hundred shots the trigger assembly came loose along with one pin holding the magazine holder slide unit. These were fixed. Then there was malfunction and the gun would not fire unless the cocking lever was pulled back and released quickly like a rubber band! Steyr said return it - bought in Germany - not possible for me. Other wise lots of emails exchanged with them and no helpful info at all. I could have bought a small car here for the price but got a dud!

10. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

Sorry to hear with all the faults with air rifle, why don't you e mail the supplier in Germany and ask him to return it either to be replaced or repair, way to much money for a dud

11. AirGhandi

Oh this is a bad story :-( Mine had problems with loading and the automatic reloading system. I saw the video what steyr has on his homepage too late. So i send it to Steyr Austria. This was for about 8 days... and they didn´t even get them... i think this will take a long time till i can shoot again... i hope with no more problems then...

12. Pilgrim53

Pilgrim53 Engaging Member

Like Evenbad, I've had no problems with mine it's been fantastic from day one, even lashed out for a Gary Can stock.[​IMG][​IMG]

13. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

Removed barrel this morning to clean followed Steyr video on reassembling by inserting mag, all back together fired approx. 100 shots and all's well no mag jams or misfeeds touch wood. The only thing I find annoying is the pellet fit in mag as 4.51-2 loose fit in pellet locating hole in magazine although they shoot well, 4.53 nice snug fit and accurate. Will try some other makes of pellets but JSB exacts in 4.53 are spot on. Awaiting Pilgrims report on JSB express.

14. Pilgrim53

There a bit loos still mate, stick wishbone ones we know.

15. AirGhandi

wow a really nice Airgun Rifle Pilgrim! love it!!

16. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

That is stunning mate

17. AirGhandi

Hey guys,

watch this, found a way for safe transport of the pellets and magazines:

PeliCase1010.

It´s like created only for this :)[​IMG]

18. AirGhandi

I tested a mit of pellets in the Last month...

JSB exact 4,53 mm and H&N 4,52mm FT are best for me.
    with a flat head i prefer the Topshot 4,5mm

for any questions please ask me :)

19. Pilgrim53

They must love the H5SA to bits on the other channel, some one asked a question about it this morning, within 10 minutes the thread was locked.
    Look at the things, there fantastic, every where I went with mine, it drew crowds, no one ever staged it of, indeed I know at least 5 people that have bought one since having a go on mine.
    Britain doesn't have a problem with them, more like some individuals have problems with us having them, one indervidual in particular, and the others follow him like sheep.

20. james vincent

james vincent Newbie

hi buddy ,do you mind me asking where you got you steyr adaptor and hugget silencer? does it mark damage the barrel during fitting? walnut stock? are they an extra as mine is beech ,kind regards james