1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Started shooting without a silencer.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by FXpoacher, Jun 8, 2008.

1. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

Was out this morning having a pop at some crows.
    I had forgot my silencer in doors, and as i have a barrel band there's no shift on POI anyway, so continued down in the woods. Got a crow at 35mtrs and after that bang, figured that was that. sat down beside the pond in the early morning sun, and not more than 10mins later, 2 more flew in. took a shot, but missed, and off they flew. 5 mins later they were back again!. i did'nt take a shot as i wanted to see how cagey they would be. Their behaviour was no different.

Now i've waited longer than that before, using a silencer!.
    So i kinda like the idea now of letting the silencer collect dust, as the rifle seems sooo short without it!.

Am i the only one that thinks like this or are there others who have binned a silencer as well?

2. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

maby its not such a big deal with birds but i'd definatley use one with rabbits.

i would prefer to go without my silencer but feel i will get more with it on.

when in the barns i always tap the silencer on something:eek:
    without it it would be shorter and could point it more.
    the balance is better as well

3. FXpoacher

I was bored to day,(ok, i cocked up making a staircase and have to wait untill monday for new plans!!) and decided to see what i could squeeze out of my T12.
    Well with 21gr baracudas i get 10 shots starting at 41fpe and ending with 38fpe.

As it's ear protection loud anyway, i left off the barrel band and silencer as well.
    Talk about difference in accuracy!!!
    5 shots at the 17mtr zero, we are talking an 8mm group and 5 shots at 41mtrs i get a 10mm group!!!!. Incredible!!!!
    So if you have a barrel band, lose it!.
    You will see the difference!!!!!
    Oh and screw (off) the silencer as well. i dont think it makes a lot of difference anway, Use ear plugs!!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i heard now that a silencer will produce a high pitch sound like a dog whistle that only animals can hear:confused:

if this is so, are animals more scared of kaboomm or a whistle?:confused:

the T-10 is fully floating so will compare its accuracy to my barel band AA S410

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I like the "crack" a PCP makes without silencer, right now I have it fitted though and I've put camo tape around it.

6. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

coppy cat:D:finger:

7. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Looks good eh :D

8. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

mine isnt there for looks:rolleyes:

its too:
    1. protect it from scratches
    2. cammo, duh
    3. you never know when you need some tape:D

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

You're walking through the field and cut your nail on a fence post, that's when tape comes in useful, wrap it around your finger so your nail doesn't fall off :D

I also have a camo sling :up: actually I need to put some pictures up but I need some mounts that f*cking fit :mad:

10. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

cammo sling?
    is it nice an padded too? so its nice and cozy on your shoulder:D

i have a proper one,
    a Bisley leather one.

you never know when you need a leather strap:D

11. FXpoacher

Got a camo sock for mine. takes a while to fit it the first time, then after that probably 2mins. Camo gooood!!!

12. clabby

clabby Banned

my old mk6 bsa meteor used to make a hell of a racket probs dint lep with al the pellet lube actualy had it firing at 18ft/lb reading of the chronie lol cleaned the barrel and the lube out and was back to a helphy limit lol but it made such a racket like a 308 with out a silencer and the smoke well that was unreal was quieter after i cleaned the barrel tho lol

13. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Well the bipod sticks into my back but it's an "outdoor connection" one, not a bad price and it's nice and soft and stretchy :up:

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

the s200 is short so you will get away with this.

put the sling on back to front.

it works because.

1. the bipod isnt hurting your delicate back:D
    2. its pointing behind you and into the ground
    3. all you have to do is grab the grip and swing it up into your shoulder ready for the shot.

you dont have to bring it round off your shoulder an raise it up.
    just swing it under your arm and fire

15. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Shooting from the hip :D I might try that maybe.

btw I wouldn't say just because it's camo it's not a "proper sling" that's just bs :p

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

youve gotten caught up in the "make hunting as soft and cosy as posible" way of thinking.

it suposed to be sitting in the wet cold mud waiting for prey.
    not ladida padded cammo slings:D