1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Staffordshire Police Dept advertising global "hand in policy on air weapons*

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by sirok, Mar 11, 2008.

1. sirok

sirok Guest

This was posted by bushtrekker(hats off to him for spotting it!) on airgunbbs forum

please look at the banner flashing on the top of their site.....

http://www.staffordshire.police.uk/

the original thread from the forum also, I thought it was important to also bring it to this forums attention - hope you don't mind Andy for me posting the thread on here?

Have a look at this!!!!!! - AirgunBBS.com

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I heard about this, think it was on the news or something a while back.

Do they really expect legitimate airgunners to just hand everything in ... b*stards, someone should really wake these people up.

"Airguns are dangerous!" - yes, so is a toaster because you could hit someone over the head with it.

'Gotta love the UK! And it's called "Great" Britain, what do we stand for :(

Going a little off-topic now, that stuff winds me up.

3. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

I don't think, they are on about responsible, air gunners they are after the, wanting for a better word, the "d*ckheads" where there Parents say they cant control there kids. It was maybe a opportunity for the parents to take the guns in...?

4. sirok

sirok Guest

then the wording should be entirely different Andy if that is what they are aiming to do - but you are 100% right, normally its "irresponsible" teenagers that wreak bad publicity on the sport and lack of control/supervision by the parents.

literally interpreting the words though, as a member of the general public who does not know the law will do, it effectively advocates handing all air rifles/pistols into the local police station - if that isn't tantamount to the beginings of a global ban I don't know what is. e.g. a member of the public reads this, then sees somebody out shooting with an air rifle on land for which he is authorised and calls the police

The reason I'm concerned is I will be moving to London for my job end of this year and want to continue my pastime in peace - like 98% of those in possession of an air rifle.

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

But it's these people that'll be the last to hand anything in :confused: where's the logic?

I agree with the wording, it's all wrong.

6. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

I'm not defending, these plonkers...but what do do:confused:...where do you start:D..because these, imitation/bb guns are being used, in crime...there not pointing banana's at these shop keepers...there's another thread starter for you...How would you go about it

7. sirok

sirok Guest

imitation air guns are one thing, I'm more concerned about the wording of this flashing banner

"Air weapons and imitation guns are dangerous. Support our 'hand in'. Take them to your local police station."

my problems with the wording is

"air weapons" basically means every air rifle/pistol so it will be interpretated as follows:

"Air rifles, air pistols and imitation guns are dangerous. Support our 'hand in'. Take them to your local police station."

One would be lead "to believe" that a ban has been passed by legislation and that there is a sort of 12month time interval where you are requested to hand-in your air rifles/air pistols etc.

8. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Yes l understand what you are saying, l also believe, the wording in my mind is wrong...It was the same when the air-cartridge was banned, l had a incident, where a member of the public (an angler) at my shoot, got the law arse abt face, tried to lay down the law to me, in front of my land owner..that all airguns had now been banned, he was talking abt phoning the police, but l final explained that, it was not my type off airgun, l evan offered to take him to the police station to sort it out, it was a very tricky situation....visions of armed officer, came to mind.

9. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

sounds like the end is near who is making the laws the police or goverment remember what i said on a other thread about the police telling gun makers to put anti tamp[er on the guns have they got the authorite to do this

10. dom

dom Engaging Member

Staffordshire are doing this now,how long is it going to be before the rest are doing it,
    it seems to me that it another step toward banning our sport all together,

11. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

last year up the north east we were getting leaflets through the door from northumbria police saying they wanted to ban air rifles and fireworks then went on saying what a good job they were doing

12. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

[/any respect for this country]

13. linkpin

linkpin Active Member

It may be worth considering in a small way, that some younger people have an interest starting with air weapons, that encourage them to join the armed forces in the first instance?

As recruiting figures are constantly needing to be boosted, perhaps they should emphasize that it is the irresponsible, out of parental control and so forth youngsters that need to be addressed? They really are clutching at straws, time and time again, imo.:):

14. simply james

simply james Banned

you will have to register a fart in this country before long ,its totaly mad.

15. dickyd

dickyd Engaging Member

i have to agree with u.it is about time they brought in laws to target those who misuse these weapons,and leave us who follow the letter of the law to get on with our sport in peace:mad::mad::mad:

TAKE MY GUN,LOSE MY VOTE