1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Specific Silencer/moderator Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by GeeTee, Aug 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

So as per title really, I know there are some super talented AGF members who manufacture Silencers/Moderators, but is there anyone who makes a unit for the AA S500 ie male 1/2" unf thread, if so, I would like to contact:thumb:

2. Boysey

Boysey Keyboard Hero

If you find anyone let me know. I'm chucking money at Huggett/ Zerodb ( Same I know) for the Rewolf.

Looking for something special, Donny Fl don't do it for me either.

GeeTee likes this.
  3. Guloluseus

Guloluseus Very Active

Its as easy to put an external thread as an internal one, really. It uses up a bit more material and takes a little linger to turn down, but in real terms its nothing much.

Just for interest, any reason you dont want to use the male/male adaptor?

GeeTee and Wing Commander like this.
  4. Boysey

Boysey Keyboard Hero

Oh, meant to say, I've got a brand new Air Arms HFT55O Mod , which I purchased for the FTP900 but it's too long with the adapter.

Male thread. 1/2" UNF

GeeTee likes this.
  5. alanjones

alanjones Engaging Member

I'm using a HW silencer i'v had for years cos the 0db that comes with the RedWolf is useless, it is quieter but still louder than my 13 year old Wolf cdt without a silencer,HTH.

GeeTee likes this.
  6. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Pffft , Pop , Twang , Bang

314A7CA2-1A3C-4161-B5B5-6283A46AC5C8.jpeg

Perhaps that’d open up some more options ?

GeeTee likes this.
  7. Boysey

Boysey Keyboard Hero

Already got that but highly modified to suit the FTP900 adapter / shroud / 0db mod..

Sorry.... but I guess this is a @GeeTee question.

GeeTee likes this.
  8. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

So, in an answer to previous comments, my issue is the size of adapter is not the same diameter as the barrel, so doesn't look right,
    Now that may seem trivial to most, but my OCD says it's not right, aesthetics are as important to me as the performance of the Rifle, I know what your thinking, "saddo" , hence the request for a silencer with a male UNF thread, I know Air Arms do the Q-Tec silencer, which looks more than likely that's the way to go :rolleyes:

But thank you all for your input. :thumb:
    1629482394778505445755501208590.jpg 16294827622627861260603565214284.jpg 16294830458616613020792580391129.jpg

9. Avalon-One

Avalon-One Strange Creature

I read your description and thought you were being picky, then looked at the picture and actually facepalmed. That’s bad.

GeeTee likes this.
  10. Reefmonkey

Reefmonkey Posting Addict

Surely a sleeve would be easy to fit over it.

GeeTee likes this.
  11. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

That's a good idea @Reefmonkey , I didn't think of that.

Cheers my friend

Reefmonkey likes this.
  12. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

You're right @Avalon-One I'm being picky, but these things seem to get on my nerves somewhat & if I can't find a resolution it will bug the hell out of me, that is the nature of the beast with OCD:mad:

13. Boysey

Boysey Keyboard Hero

Geetee,
    Hard to explain but this is what been done to my adaptor to make look like it was actually part of the original gun. ( Note: not 100% perfect but some resolve).

Originally designed for the Qteck mod, but decided on the Odb.

The last photo shows the male to male adapter machined from one end to suit making it flush with the adapter or in your case the barrel.

Hope it makes sense.

IMG-20210619-WA0003.jpg IMG-20210619-WA0002.jpg IMG-20210619-WA0001.jpg IMG-20210619-WA0000.jpg

GeeTee likes this.
  14. Avalon-One

Avalon-One Strange Creature

You don’t need OCD to appreciate that could so easily have been made to look factory. Heck even Roland and friends would object to being shot with that!

GeeTee likes this.
  15. ajohn

ajohn Chewing Things Over

@Halinfax may make one to order. You'd need to ask him. I suspect one of the other moderator makers may as well. Best ask in the forum made section.

Halinfax and GeeTee like this.
  16. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

Update, with inspiration from @Boysey and @Reefmonkey I managed manufacture(cobbled) a sleeve from an old scope I had knocking about, a bit of hacksawing & dremeling-are they even words? I end up with something that resembles a finished product.

It'll do for now
    16295606166744551602808068748285.jpg

ReSyC likes this.
  17. Boysey

Boysey Keyboard Hero

Good job that.

GeeTee likes this.
  18. Reefmonkey

Reefmonkey Posting Addict

Good job, I was thinking maybe same diameter as barrel though, so you just don't even know its there.

GeeTee likes this.
  19. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

That was my intention, but short of sawing everything in half that had a 19.8mm diameter this was best of a bad lot,the scopes no good now, was one of those rather stupid looking thing that resembles a pencil stuck on top of a rifle.

The main thing is......it hasn't triggered my OCD so it must be within tolerance in brains eyes:cool:

Reefmonkey likes this.
  20. GeeTee

GeeTee Keyboard Hero

Cheers Pete:thumb: