1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Special Delivery - Have they changed the rules again ?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by droid, Apr 4, 2014.

1. droid

droid Posting Addict

Last time I checked I could legally ship an air pistol via Special Delivery and PF48.

Well I have just had one seized on the way to Belfast. I normall ship PF48 but in this case as it was Thursday I thought I would be helpful and pay the difference and ship on a next day so he could have it for the weekend !

This parcel has been identified as containing items suspected of being prohibited or dangerous. The contents are being examined. If found to be compliant, the parcel will be delivered to the intended recipient. Posting prohibited or dangerous items may be a breach of transport regulations and/or Royal Mail terms and conditions. If we do find any such item(s) we may dispose of them.

So if I have cocked up my fault, no arguments, just a warning to others.

2. droid

droid Posting Addict

It says this on the website:

Guns for sporting use, including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles), Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms and low-powered air weapons may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms

3. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Keyboard Hero

Gary, my understanding is that NO airguns are permitted via RM only pf48. As far as I know it has been this way for ages but I stand to be corrected. Certainly if the pistol was co2 and a bulb was left in it then that is the reason, as no compressed gasses or even empty bottles are permitted. Also no pcp weapons of any sort can go via RM as they have a pressurised container attached....even if it is empty.
    FACT.
    I will never again use Royal Fail for anything other than letters.
    Pete.

4. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

Not changed the rules as such but seeing as they don't know their own rules you have next to no chance trying to get anywhere with a rational sensible approach.

5. droid

droid Posting Addict

Well the current RM link says you can post them as I posted above. Still no use though if the PO refuse to send it which seems to be happening quite a lot lately.

6. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

getting to be a lottery these days with rm and pf
    some jobsworth on the xray machine who does not know the rules is normally to blame
    have sent 2 recently pf48 and 1 rmsd that were delivered but i had a hell of a job in the po to get them to accept the parcels as they did not know the rules
    am expecting my king rat action in its new grip tomorrow and a benjy pumper next week
    they had better turn up or i will go loopy

7. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

It's a bloody joke, I sent candles the wife sold on eBay last week, when I told them what i was posting, they covered the box in warning stickers!!! The reason for this? candles are flammable!!

i said surely, the box would burn first before the candles. Apparently candles are now self combusting!!!

8. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

when they ask what it is say fishing gear .... what the hells it to do with them anyway??? don't argue with them .

they say read that anything on the prohibit list and there isn't . parcelforce 48 chaps :)

9. whitevanman574

easy answer don't tell them ..... they need to know on a need to know basis :D and they don't need to know :p keeps it simples

10. RyRy

RyRy Donator

Ridiculous hahaha.

11. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

Cos i like to be covered for all eventualities
    It seem that the people sending the parcels no the rules better than the people carrying them
    Parcelfarce are a joke
    3 times in 3 months i have had valuable stuff dumped on my doorstep and my signature forged cos the driver could not be bothered to wait,have complained but they dont give a toss
    and last year they supposedly lost a £1000 ohlins shock which took me 6 months to get my compo
    Only use pf as a last resort now as they are bloody useless

12. whitevanman574

andy hmmm right ,I have my signature forged once as you know ,I went ballistic rung head office ,immediately phones the depot , within an hour the manager got driver in, and said customers going to police ,the guy shat himself , and went guilty .

its fraud no ifs or buts....... manager said what do I want I said has he kids and family he said yes ..........the sacks out of question now.............

I said people learn lessons when they pay ,I want a cheque tonight emailed and received at other side for 100 pound help for heroes ......which is what he did immediately.......

stand no shat of them mate ....:D

13. whitevanman574

p.s the parcel force driver wont even look at me now haha ... if im not in he does now by the rules and drops it at a local post office :) im more than happy with that:D

lessons have been learnt ..........

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  14. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

Unless your going to get up during the night,and stand next to the jobsworth at the x-ray machine,and show
    him the error of his ways,you would be as well tossing a coin.What the prohibited items leaflet means.You are allowed to send low powered sporting air rifles,but if our x-ray opeater thinks its a bazooka:rolleyes:....its going to Belfast for 5 weeks.You could be confident of getting it back,if its low powered...ie under 12ftlb,but as they have confirmed thet dont carry any pressurised cintainers,empty or other wise,and most pcp rifles have fixed containers...you stand the chance of loosing your very expensive air rifle.I have already aranged to get a rifle i purchased today,sent to my RFD....its just not worth the risk

15. whitevanman574

I agree its a big lottery really , I wish more people would meet half way .but people these days don't get off armchairs . a while back next village sale . a guy said can you post it , I said are you taking the mick???? 2 mile away .......:confused: people ..... ive a fwb 124 tuned I went to London for ;):D

16. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Over 0.7 ftlbs is a firearm in Northern Ireland and so needs a firearms licence / proper transfers etc.
    Maybe it's seized as it is suspected of being an ilegal weapon??
    Cheers Andy

17. droid

droid Posting Addict

So I take it UK law is different there then ?

18. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

Have sent several emails and several phone calls of complaint and all i get is
    "still under investigation sir"
    Perhaps i am just too nice and its time to play hardball with the sorry sad arse useless t****;)

19. whitevanman574

to nice mate . I explained im 6ft4 to the manager and said do you really want me down there dealing with it ?:D he declined my offer

20. whitevanman574

on a serious note looking back im glad he declined . I really was ready to deal out some punishment that night . took me about a week to simmer down. at least help for heroes got a contribution even if forced a little :D