1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Spanning The Generations.

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by JoeHeugh, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Engaging Member

IMG_20180613_204240.jpg

Here are mine, the only air rifles I talk about and probably the only ones I'll ever own now. One has been going since 1929 and theres no reason both should not keep going on long after I'm gone. It's great having them in my hands out in the fields and woods and each brings down it's share for the pot.

I love looking at all the other rifles in this forum, the hunters, the target shooters, the bling, the idiosyncratic and verging on insane, but these are mine and I'm a happy man.

2. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Nice Joe :cool:

Ray

3. Devonair

Devonair Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit....

What it’s all about. And both are springers, heaven!

4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Major Poster

Very nice mate

5. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter

Good stuff...:thumb:

6. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Nice, enjoy :thumb:

I've seen a few people shoot springers with the little connect one too

7. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Engaging Member

Yes, I really rate the Connnect. Not for springers really but the 97 has low recoil and I wear plastic glasses wjich give some protection. Been shooting this about 3 years and never had a problem. The height is deliberate by the way to push out PBR.

8. rabbitwrecker

Have you done any more hunting with the old girl?

9. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Engaging Member

Yes a fair bit actually. I have 3 permissions which run into gardens and its the rabbits there that gave rise to getting the permission. None of my other guns are suited to such short range work and the lower power is an advantage. The only downside is she is a bit louder than the HW but no one seems to mind.
    The owners seem quite intrigued that I choose to use such an archaic bit of kit but they like it and its become a bit of a talking point, I think for them they associate it with "the old country ways" whereas if I was dressed head to toe in camo with a tactical looking pcp their perception would be different. And she does the job, not so good out in open fields but perfect as a garden gun.
    And being a springer, as you well know RW, so long as I have some Hobbies, shes always ready to go.

rabbitwrecker likes this.
  10. rabbitwrecker

Splendid stuff...:up: