1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Sooo what are we using for rat bait nowadays? Anything new?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by r1ch, Aug 29, 2014.

1. r1ch

r1ch Donator

Was using the old Nutella thinned down with vegetable oil trick on our little ratting perm but it just doesent seem to have the pull to get them the 6 inches further forward so we can get the clear shot! We can see/hear plenty of action but it's just fleeting glances! I know they will get braver as the nights draw in but don't seem to be able to log the kind of results we would expect when we know we are a matter of inches from the main rat run

rich

2. sillygarry

sillygarry Posting Addict

hi rich
    dont dilute it but paste it on vertical surface(a wall/fencepost ) a little further away from the run then check it in the morning to see if it has been touched if not check again the next day once they know its there its just a matter of time before you meet them i find at the moment my rats are coming out early 1hour before its starts to get dark the other thing is do you know how many rats there are if there is only a few it is going to be hard and are you using night vision or red torch

3. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, as garry mentioned what are you using to view rats at night ? can you see them in day time? rat runs? describe your perm ? is it a farm or stables? i have never bothered with this nutty stuff as there is so much grain, cattle feed, troughs, etc dropped, dryer barns are getting full. anyway there will be plenty of help off here.

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Busy Member

Market Bosworth, Warwickshire\Leicestershire
    Cat food is supposed to be good because its quite strong smelling, never used it myself though.

5. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Cat food, peanut butter, jam have all worked for me in the past

6. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

My tip is to use a wooden chip fork from the chip shop as a spreader. It can be left in a jar of peanut butter or choc spread and keeps your fingers clean.

7. brechiner

brechiner Well-Known Member

liquidize a couple of tins of Cat food,...then pour it near their runs ...that way they have to stay and slurp it up instead of taking a chunk and scarpering to cover,

8. r1ch

r1ch Donator

Sorry never thought to describe the shoot! It's a smallholding with geese ducks and chickens we have found the normal run is behind the chicken run which is about 12 metres long 7 wide made of the same sort of metal fencing that goes around building sites, the rats come over a wall from the left along the space (about 6ft) behind the fence and into the chicken shed and back again, we have pulled them through the fence a few times but not often, we can thread a shot through the fence when a shot appears but like I say would be better to make a killing ground! I have dropped the chicken feed amongst the chocolate spread but didn't really make a difference, we are using the visible red torch which isn't putting them off YET

thanks for the advice

rich

9. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict

Cheapo peanut butter and choc spread work for me...just scrape them on surface so they have to stay and lick it up.

10. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, well you dont have much in the way of getting rats unless you can make that killing ground as you mention, if they are coming over the wall? what is on the other side? can you shoot on the ground against the wall, you can put a timber backing to save damadging the wall ? how small is small? is there another area you can entice the rats to. could you put some form of barrier against the fence to stop them feeding in the chicken run and then a big dollop of food outside. could you do a pic or 2 rich to get a better idea for us ratters to see how you can get the ratties.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  11. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

12. r1ch

r1ch Donator

Yeah ratman thanks I get your meaning! The wall is just a normal dry stone wall so no problem with damaging it, it's also about 6ft high so a perfect backstop! I'm going up later in the week to get a daytime look around so will get a few pictures, thanks for the help we appreciate it

rich

13. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, in that case cant you sneek a small hole out in the bottom of wall where the rats are coming over dont need to show much to get a ratty through and some feed on floor about a metre away so you get chance of a shot?

14. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

I get a brick and cover it in chocholate spread, that way the rat cant pick it up and carry it away, they sit there eating it.
    Giv it a try, works for me

15. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

any updates???

16. r1ch

r1ch Donator

Workin dude can't get up til Thursday during the day and then hopefully Friday night session

17. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Why try and change anything. Get yourself a lie up looking down the corridor they use between the wall and the food....just shoot them as they travel the area at the back. Try and get them as they come over the wall, I bet they sit and stop at the bottom before heading up the passage.

18. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

i shot a fat rat off my fence last night was on his way back to the bird table

19. themadspread

themadspread Donator

just recently ive been using mashedup tinned cheap fish by the base of the bird table they like it better than nutella and peanut butter

20. r1ch

r1ch Donator

Unfortunately I can't get into the corridor of the run big chicken shed/barn on one side and wall at the other! Gotta try and tempt them out! Or at least to stop where I can thread a shot under or through the fence.

rich