1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Something has eaten my fish !

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Alex.B, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

Was just cutting the grass and found a load of scales on the grass :eek:

Checked my pond (which is netted) and the big common carp is gone and the large goldfish :(

They were the survivors of a heron attack 3 years ago and had grown to a decent size and the carp would take food out my fingers :(

We have some large border pond plants at one end that have grow through the mesh net where I found a hole had been chewed through . Gutted doesn't cover how I feel right now :(

So I'm gonna cut back the plants and hide tonight to see what visits . So my question is can I shoot what ever it is ?

2. Evolve82

Evolve82 Big Poster

Doubt it! lol. Maybe shoot it with a camera, print out the picture... Range here we come! :thumb:

3. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Suppose it depends whats taken it get footage of whats taking the fish first could be anything from a cat to mink/fox to heron if netted cant see it been heron tho if its been chewed through gutted for you mate my boss as big carp what takes food from his mouth he has a strange bond with them and would be gutted if some thing happend to the big ones

4. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

Thanks for the replies , looking on the web there's a lot of people had attacks from mink and otters , but we have a pair of weasle looking things that live under the shed , but they have never been a problem before ?

5. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Wont be weasles mate i dont think there way too small if mink tho u have every right to shoot them :up:

6. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Stick some fresh fish,in front of a good beckstop!As Dave says if its Mink fill ya boots.
    Regards,Stu.

7. nath92

nath92 Donator

I'm quite interested to whom the culprit is keep us updated pal

Atb
    Nath

8. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Sounds like mink. Very hard to shoot with a rifle as they don't stay still long.
    As above you would be best trying to shoot them on bait.
    Wrap your bait is some chicken wire and fix it down so the mink is working to free the bait giving the chance of a shot.

Fix your bait to the battery of a small alarm clock with some fishing line so if your not watching you know what time he is visiting.

Consider a trap also http://www.trapman.co.uk/mink-traps.html
    Good luck
    Andy

9. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Most likely mink ... in which case you're lucky ! About two years ago I had approx. £10K worth of Koi and other fish taken over a two week period by an otter mum and two kits. Re-stocked and have just lost all but two over the last ten days. F****rs :mad:

10. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

11. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Sorry but for 10k of fish id be investing in a patterdale or fell terrier ect just a deterant like to patrol the pond be no otter probs then or mink you must be devoed mate

12. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

Sounds like a Mink to me, nothing else apart from an Otter would be big enough to take a decent sized Carp.

13. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

I'm gonna be on a mission tonight , will have the Ultra and a camera at hand . Just going out to cut back the plants so I can get a better view .

14. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

The saddest part of this is that carpy was going to be moved to a bigger pond as he'd outgrown ours .

15. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

Hi Andy , that trap looks like my squizzer trap . Are they the same thing?

16. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Yes andy a squirel trap will work on mink with right bait ;) becareful tho once trapped they go mental watch your fingers

17. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

If it's a big enough strong enough squirrel trap.
    Many of the garden centre versions are too small. A mink trap really needs to be 20 inches from door to treadle plate. Also fix down well mink are very powerful. The double door mink traps are very popular as he can see clean through and is not so nervous about entering.
    Cheers Andy

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  18. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

Sorry to hear that mate ..let us know how you get on with working out who done it

19. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

Right , well its big enough (not a garden center job :) ) I've pegged it down with 4 large tent pegs and baited with crab sticks (all I have) . Knowing my luck I will catch a rat lol .

20. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Tuna brine poured over the ground of the trap works well but you need to consider howyour going to dispatch it a hard job with just a air gun it wont stay still for you and hard peg down good luck mate aTvb dave