1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Someone lend me a rocket launcher please.

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Andy-K2, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

My daughter has bought an African Grey Parrot, we have had him for just about a week now and the dam thing won't shut up, he is only about 8 months and was in a shop for six of them with aviary birds for company.... My ., I have every chirp, squeak and whistle going including a wolf whistle and the occasional "hello". I have to admit, he is a beautiful bird and will already sit on our hands and shoulders... and as for the rocket launcher, just one round is all it will take and you can have it back:):):)

2. XTX

XTX Donator

Enjoy it, it will probably out live you (if it does not get taken out by a rocket launcher). They are very intelligent and make great pets. Hopefully it will calm down a bit over time.

3. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Cheers for that XTX, he's sat quiet now thank ..... The wife said if I can get him to say "click click walk on Linda" (like you would to get a horse to go), she would buy my HW100 for me.... so now he's quiet, its time to work my magic:up: she has given me two weeks to do it...:)

EDIT: I hear they can live for 50 years, and seeing I'm 50 he has a good chance of out living me, fingers crossed eh, hopefully I could live to bury him :rolleyes::D:D:D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Wynne G Oldman

Wynne G Oldman Engaging Member

Who's a naughty boy then? :D

5. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

If he gets too much cover the cage completely with a dark blanket or.... slip some Rohypnol into his water! :p

My neighbours one constantly chirps the McDonalds theme tune :rolleyes: and chunters like R2D2! :D

6. andybro

andybro Engaging Member

All Parrots and Macaws need training The easiest way is to give the bird a time out just like you woulda child. To do this get a big enough cover to completely cover the cage so it can't see out and do this everyday at the same time. This should be done for about an hour or until it goes into a light sleep. The bird depending on it sex will bond to usually one person. If male it will bond to a woman and vice versa. The bonded person needs to do most of the training. But everyone needs to be able to handle the bird. There is nothing worst than a beek passing through flesh to the bone, I know from experience. By the way your looking at putting it in your will can be a life expectancy od about sixty years. Some Macaws have been known to reach 100.

7. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Sixty years OMG he will most likely out live my daughter (she's 23). I may have to take back my rocket launcher comment :D especially if he can earn me my new rifle :up:

8. Beachcomber

Beachcomber Donator

Teach it some choice filthy phrases - the missus will get rid of it pretty sharpish!

9. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

When Grumps was a lad i worked in a pet shop we had an african grey hen , let her out off the cage every morning and she would spend the day on my shoulder chasing pin pong balls round the counter and drinking my tea :D came in one day to find a sold sticker on her cage !!!!! :eek: Gutted was not the word , the shop owner said he had to sell her but would let me hae her for trade price , think it was about a months wages for me at the time , anyway off Polly went and Grumps experienced his first heart break :eek: She was returned 3 days later minus a lot of feathers and looking very skinny !!!!!! had not eaten or had a drink and tried to attack everyone and everything took a while for the feathers to grow back but she was straight back into my tea cup , loved that bird

10. Dsmith

Dsmith Engaging Member

Quality thread :)

11. Sam s-o-t

Sam s-o-t Engaging Member

i've always always always wanted one. just cant afford one :(

12. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Give to a good taxidermist and you will have in return a quite, clean and cheap to feed bird that you can pass on with pride to your daughter when you die.

Andrew

13. Sam s-o-t

Sam s-o-t Engaging Member

i suppose if i get one now i might have a chance of outliving one!

14. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Hi all, Grumps the tea thing made me laugh, Archie was on my shoulder today for a couple of hours so I asked my youngest daughter to make her old man a cuppa, Archie decided it was his and grabbed the handle of my cup. We had a pulling session and I was surprised how much strength he had considering he's a little fellow. I was unsure about giving in so I put the cup on the table, I could not believe the tantrum he had.... to say Archie was upset is an understatement...:eek:

15. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Im considering a Tawny Owl , no room for a Dog but have a large aivuery i can have for free and iv done a lot of reading up , apparently make great companion pets !!!! who would have thunk it :rolleyes: Not that Tawnies make good pets But that Grumps would like a companion :eek:

16. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Shame on you sir for making a statement like that, people are going to think your getting old and soft :D :D Saying that, since Archie has quietened down we are friends again or I might have considered feeding him to your pending owl mate.... Up the fields where I live there's a guy that fly's some sort of hawk, not sure what to be honest as I figure he's there for a little peace and quiet and from what I can see he is constantly being pestered by people and kids. If I see him around without his bird I will have a chat with him as its a little different from the usual.... Its good to have something to pass the time.:up:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  17. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Fair comment :facepalm: In Grumps defence a life companion ( Grumps is getting on a bit ) that doesnt talk and if wants to can fly away and not take my house :mad:

18. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

Poor bloody owl having to tolerate your mad ramblings ;):)

19. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

That would be Jenga to You :facepalm: See you in 3 weeks ;) Your Castle awaits :up: Ya miserable old fart :D