1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Some may call me crazy but......

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Egg, May 1, 2012.

1. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Just sorted out a swap for my HW100 Sport. I love it, I really do but I'm fed up with faffing about with PCP's/charging/worrying about leaks so I'm swapping it for:

A mint mk1 HW80 in .22, V-Mach'd - my first ever proper air rifle was an 80 so a welcome return.

A mint Prosport in .177, walnut, also V-Mach'd. I've regretted swapping my last Prosport ever since it left the house so I'll be chuffed to get one again.

Self contained shooting - welcome back :)

2. kev1065

kev1065 Post Whore

personal choice

3. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

Sounds like a good swap to me, fella!

4. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Please seek professional advice over this announcement.
    There maybe help available however I doubt it ;) ........................... :coffee:

5. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

:loco:You will be back:loco:

6. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

you must be crazy:crazy::D

seriously though sounds like a good swap to me

7. biggaz

biggaz Post Whore

fair deal, two great spingers.... id prefer to have a good springer and a pcp :)

8. Egg

Egg Major Poster

I doubt it JB. I didn't dislike the HW100 - far from it, I'd recommend one to anybody looking for a PCP, no qualms - it's just I'm simplifying things at this end and the whole reach in-grab gun-go shoot side of the sport has appealed to me more and more recently particularly since "my" shoot has become the domain of a bunch of foreign types and I'm skulking about on what's technically their shoot (albeit with landowner's tacit approval) so having an all singing, all dancing multi-shot is no longer my cup of Darjeeling.

The way I see it I've got 3 out of 4 of the main UK calibres now (and I'm gonna persevere with .22 in the shape of the HW80). Jack of all calibres: master of none? Maybe but I reckon I'll enjoy having a choice of calibre to go and batter a couple of woodies for the pot.

9. i shot the sheriff

i shot the sheriff Well-Known Member

iv got a custom diana model 52 with thumbhole stock and i dont like it so it will be up for sale/swap soon lol....

i much prefer my aa s400 tbh.

10. hounded

hounded Honorary Member

Sounds like a mighty good deal there matey , have to admit I'm using the 95 more alot myself lately than the s400 . You just can't beat simplicity of a quality springer .

11. Egg

Egg Major Poster

I should've mentioned that they both come with scopes, Bisley adjustable butt-pads, slings and bags.

Like you say Mark, it's the simplicity of the setup that's a winner in my book plus they're both absolutely s*** hot rifles.

Don't get me wrong here guys, I'm not looking for "You made the right choice Egg" validation, I'm just preparing you all for any future "springers are the way forward" evangelising from this quarter :D

12. hun73r666

hun73r666 Keyboard Hero

Personally I wouldnt go back to spring if you paid me. If I am going to shoot anything with a kick its because its burning powder. That said, it does sound like you got a hell of a deal!

13. mick 1986

mick 1986 Keyboard Hero

I'm in two minds about the whole thing egg, personally I would have said that getting a springer as a second rifle would have been a better choice mate?

However I do prefer my HW90 to ANY other rifle I have owned. I hope you enjoy them either way mate! :)

14. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Good call, Egg.

15. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

Well done Egg, just done the same thing myself. Sold my 8 month old S410 and bought a lovely 1983 HW80 in .22 of course.

16. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Springer folks unite!

17. hun73r666

hun73r666 Keyboard Hero

**** this, im getting out of here before I catch what ever it is that you guys have! :eek:

18. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

Just treated the HW80 to a walnut cs500 sporter stock :D, the waiting will kill me mind :p

19. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Join us on the boiinnnggg side of the pillow, you know it makes sense.

Mmmmmmm....... walnut :D

20. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Sounds like a good deal, I fancy a prosport at sometime myself!

John