1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

SOME ADVICE NEEDED

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Rob, May 23, 2006.

1. Rob

Rob Newbie

Just geting started on airgunning, going off to a local field target club on Sunday morning for a try out. (Scored high recently on indoor targets, so there is hope yet!)
    I will need to decide fairly soon on a gun. There are so many to choose from, and lots of them look pretty good to me.
    It will have to be a 177 precharged regulated gun. With a budget of say £650 - £700 for gun and scope, does anybody have a magic formula of gun/scope that would make a 1-gun owner reasonably competitive in field target shoting?
    A new gun/scope would be preferred!

Let me have the benefit of your experience please.

..............Rob

2. Eagleman

Eagleman Member

Rob, there'll be many people who are better placed to answer your question than me as I'm a hunter and not a target / club shooter. However, the Weirauch HW100T (T = thumbhole stock) is a really top rate gun just about within your price range BUT please also remember that if you buy a PCP you will also need the diving bottle to charge it up. A 3litre bottle (new) is about £150. The BTAS FX cyclone is another option which is a regulated rifle. The top of the range daystates are out of your price range as is the Logun. But don't dismiss Air Arms S200 either and they can be got reasonably cheaply and a lot of people use them.

3. Rob

Rob Newbie

THANKS

Thanks for comments - I will probably be having a try of the Weirauch on Sunday morning - and I will see if anybody has an FX there.
    ................Rob

4. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

hmmmmm... I don't know if you want to buy second hand or not but you should be able to get a theoben rapid mark 2 second hand with a good scope for that amount. If not then you may want to buy a Rapid mark 1, it is pretty much the top of your budget from last time I checked the price of them but they are good rifles.

They give a good hefty amount of shots too!

here is a quote from targetsports of bolten...

and here is the link to that page!

Target sports of bolten - Rapid Mk 1

5. Rob

Rob Newbie

A bit of advice needed.............

Many thanks to you guys who sent me bits of info and advice ............. I have also spoken to a lot of gunners at my local club, and its going to be the Weihrauch HW100S plus a Nikko Stirling Platinum 30mm 6 - 24 x 56 MIL with sidewheel. I reckon that combination will outshoot me for some time, so hopefuly I can grow into it without the need for early upgrading.

I got a nice package deal from my local gunshop (Northampton Gun Co), to include gas bottle, mounts, gun case etc.

So I will be shooting away at my local club soon, and who knows, next year maybe try some HFT events?

.................Rob

6. bob64

bob64 Newbie

what to choose

hi rob i would go for the air-arms s400 and forget the weihrauch hw 100s
    you wont regret it very accurate rifle apart from daystate it takes second place
    cheers bob

7. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

Holy thread revival Batman!

Robertjan, this issue has long been settled and the thread had already been dead for a while. Please look at the date of the thread before you revive a long dead thread to say something useless that has already been said.

8. Airgunner

Airgunner Well-Known Member

Unless you are going to do the hunting thing I would go for a dedicated single shot rifle

9. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

Actually, a dedicated singleshot is what I use for hunting, with airguns anyway. I guess I only need one shot :D

10. Airgunner

Airgunner Well-Known Member

I only need one shot too. but I do have a problem with arthritis so a magazine is very helpful.

11. `mw

`mw Member

12. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

:loco: :loco: :loco: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Or something like that.