1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Some advice needed please

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by McDirty, Jan 26, 2014.

1. McDirty

McDirty Well-Known Member

Hi, Ive been a watcher form the sidelines for a while, now im almost ready to get my 1st gun, I have a question.

After loads of research i have decided narrowed my gun choice to 2. I either want a hw100 .22 or a bsa r10 .22

Where my dilema lies, im aiming to get my fac in the future and would want to tune whichever gun to be over 12lb/ft when I get my fac.

Ideally I want the hw100, but dont want to be short sighted now and end up having to buy another gun because I didnt make the right choice now.

Cheers Mark

2. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

The price to FAC an r10 is not much more than the price of a full blue print from Mr Bowkett, incorporate the two and it would be financially worthwhile, I know which one I would choose if you are planning to have FAC air!

3. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

If its for fac air I'd go for the r10 for a couple of reasons.....1 I prefer the r10 and 2 it has a lot higher shot count which would be better for fac atb

4. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, buy an R10 then when you get FAC send to JB

5. McDirty

wow, thanks for the fast replies. Ill have a look at r10's in more detail then

6. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

I'd think long & hard before converting a 12/ftlb gun to FAC. A quick search on another forum (Oct 2013) I found a 32ft/lb FAC Rapid with scope & CS 800 stock for £475.00.
    An R10 or HW100 will probably cost you more than that to start with & then you will have to pay to have it converted. Personally I would rather have a FAC Rapid than a converted either of the other two.

7. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

Once you convert to fac you can't convert back as rifle will be registered as fac which can't be changed once done. Either wait till you get your ticket and buy one that's already Fac. Then if you want one off ticket get another, because you will, as one is never enough.

8. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    as above, i would buy a sub 12ftlb now - both are great rifles, but my personal choice would be the r10.
    then when you get your fac, sell the sub 12ftlb one to buy a used fac one - and my choice would again be the r10, higher shotcount.
    doing it this way will be more financially viable to you

9. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

The FAC guns are always worth less in this country than none FAC guns, as by nature of the beast, ownership is restricted! So buy an HW100 now, then look for an FAC Super 10 when you get your tifcket (or a Rapid, a Windy City is worth a look too).

10. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

HW 100 all the way,
    some heavy but twice as better quality than R10

otherway go with Daystate huntsman

Upgrade to FAC is cheaper through SWAP your sub-12 to FAC airgun

11. McDirty

I didnt realise there would be this many options. Lol
    Cheers fir the replies

12. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

You State .22 - what do you intend to Shoot with it ?

.177 gives long and flater Shooting - might not need a FAC rated Gun

Not forgetting FAC is very limited in Use as Majority of Air Gun Clubs do not allow them on their Ranges

As would destroy their Targets :eek:

Check out your local Air Gun Clubs and see what others are using and Why ;)

BOB/R

13. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

pretty sure i'v heard the hw100 doesnt respond to well to fac tuning? and was designed originally for the german market for 6ft/lb... your better off buying a non fac pcp and then if you get your fac sell or keep it and buy an air gun designed for fac.