1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Solware taking orders for the new stocked HW100's

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Cymru-Dave, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Anyone tempted by the newly stocked HW100's in either laminate or synthetic?

It seems like a sales ploy to get rifle sales moving again but I for one being in the market for a HW100 will look into getting one, but if prices are hiked massively because of the stock then I think I'd buy the standard one and either stick with that or sell the stock as new and put the money towards getting a custom one made.

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

£899.95 for the Laminate,not for me and seems a little expensive.

3. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

I ordered 5 tins of Air Arms Express from Solware on 29th May, I still havent got them yet.:mad: This was my second dealing with them, the first time I had to return a faulty new scope to MTC. For me their service has been abysmal, I will not use them again:down:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

Hopefully the stocks will be a bit more interesting than the one in the picture that looks a bit bland :(

6. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Agreed I'd have to see one in the flesh, I'd like the synthetic but don't like the grey bits on it.

7. milek

milek Honorary Member

Seems a high price to pay for a non-adjustable laminate stock. The AA ultimate sporter at least provides some adjust-ability.

8. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

The ultimate sporter is a lovely rifle, the Germans do need to stick to the action and let the Italians do the stocks, I think that would result in a stunning combination.

9. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

To be honest when the hw100 stock is made from a nicely stripe grain piece of walnut, it is gorgeous. No laminate will ever compete with that. Especialy at £899

....im glad i have my tiger stripe wallnut tucked away for the night

10. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Hang on a minute???

1. They returned a faulty new scope FOR YOU??? No, no, no no,..............you got that wrong surely.

2. You bought a scope from them, and it was faulty?

3. You returned it to them because it was faulty?

4. They then sent you a new one, or gave you your money back??

If 4 above did not happen, then they are in breach of consumer legislation as it stands in this country. Your contract is with them, not, I repeat not with the manufacturer. If they, (Solware), sell you faulty goods it is up to them to rectify the situation to your satisfaction, they are not in law considered to be intermediaries between you and the manufacturer, and are not acting on your behalf, even if you think they are, they are simply passing the buck, that rightly stops with them. What transpires between the manufacturer and themselves is nothing to do with the contract that you have with them, which is for them to supply you with goods that are fit for purpose.

I would contact them by phone backed up with a letter telling them that you want your money back, or a replacement scope that works as it should immediately, or you will pass on the details of this transaction to the Office of Fair Trading.

Sorry if you think I am sticking my nose in, but I am sick to death of bloody shopkeepers that think they can pull this stunt. The law is very clear, if you buy something from a retailer, your contract is with that retailer, not with the manufacturer of the goods supplied unless the retailer and the manufacturer be one and the same entity.

If you buy faulty goods from a retailer, it is up to the retailer to rectify the situation either by replacement of the faulty goods or by giving you your money back. That does not mean they can say to you, "Oh gosh sorry, I will just send it back to the manufacturer for you and see what they say". It does mean that they deal with your complaint as they should, by doing what I have already outlined above that they should do.

It's probably too late to be any use to Nick2, but come on people, please get a grip, if you receive faulty goods make sure you are dealt with in the correct manner, not given some tosspot excuse about sending them back to the manufacturers to see what can be done!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  11. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

wow that is expensive i paid £706 for my HW100KS FSB

12. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

13. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned solware and just said the new stocked HW's are available to keep it on topic, but since a bad service experience spreads ten times more than a good experience I'll say that I just ordered a rifle from them and had no issues at all, they were also the cheapest.

14. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

Yes, my apologies for going off topic.:)

15. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

In the interests of fair play an all, I think it's only right to say that Solware are in my view not a bad company. It also seems to me that they get it right most of the time, which is all you can expect really.

Having said that, there are certain retail practices that really wind me up, and this nonsense of passing the buck to the manufacturer is one of them. In a way, what is worse, is the customers who let them get away with it, either through ignorance or a lack of nuts.:D

16. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

I think it's the British way of dealing with things...not wanting to make an issue when as you rightly say we should demand better service (the Yanks and the French don't muck about) but how many of us have had a crap meal and when the waitress asks if it's ok we say 'fine thanks' it's how we are, bloody stupid but that's us Brits I'm afraid.

17. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Original Post - Yes it Expensive for a Laminated Stock - as are All Laminated Stocks on Any Gun - Air or Fire Arm

No Dealer Will Check a Scope before Sending it out - But with a MTC it has a good record of Customer services

So I am sure that the Dealer would have Exchanged it if Ask -

Back to lack of Delivery - have you Ask Dealer if order received and dispatched - Aware much is lost in Transit these day's

I have had Calls about orders to be advised that I had not recieved payment - reason I had not sent order -

Best was little girl in background - Daddy - letter is still in mummy's Bag - not posted -

As stated before most retailers are run with minium Staff - so a sicky or Holiday can cause Delay's -

BOB/R

18. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

Just because its made from laminate doesn't make it any better looking imho same stock ugly in wood and laminate.

19. yorkshireshoot

yorkshireshoot Posting Addict

I'd be interested to know how much the synthetic stocked version is ? Is there any difference mechanically to the currently available 100s ?

20. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

I think mechanically there is no change to the action