1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Sodding PPI / Solar energy Scum

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by NorfolkDave, Sep 19, 2014.

1. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

3 recorded messages this morning at home, get to work, what's the first call I get.......

"We are obliged to inform you, blah blah, F'ing blah"

Makes me want to spit.

Dave

2. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Yeah, they are annoying. I also get calls like "we're pleased to tell you you can claim compensation for your recent car accident" me "I wish, never had one although could do with the cash" then THEY have the cheek to hang up on me!

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Just to make your day, have you had a look at the advert, at the top of the page, you can have free solar panels.

4. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Lmao you're destined to have them :D

5. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

I ought to get them out for a measure up, we have a listed building. The feature that is mentioned in the listing is the "outshot roof".

Dave

6. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

They are very annoying, the ones that upset me the most are the ones who hang up just as you answer the phone on the third ring :mad:
    I deal withthem in different ways depending on the mood I'm in, sometimes I just hang up immediately and occasionally I will tell them what I think of their whole industry. On the other hand it's often a laugh to wind them up, I've left them hanging on for ages and a couple I've got to ring back several times at times when it will be more convenient to discuss the matter with them. Other ideas are to string them along and then tell them you live in a council house, that you don't actually have a computer etc. For the telephone surveys I say I'll be pleased to help them just as soon as they can give me an order number and address for invoicing my time at £100 per hour, min charge 3 hours - not many of them stay on the line after that.
    Generally I'm not rude as they are trying to do a job (of sorts) but the idiots who want me to let them access my computer so they can remove a virus are left in no doubt as to my feelings that they are fatherless thieving scum. There are some really good ways of winding up scammers both the telephone and email variety and I've seen some hilarious Youtube videos, when they ask for you by name there's the option of asking how well they know you and them telling them that you are a police officer investigating your murder and demanding their full details as you already have all the info on the phone they're using.
    Plenty of fun to had if you're in the mood or just hang up.

7. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I had a chap call me all the way from India about my accident recently.

He said 'Can I just confirm your accident was within the last 4 years?'

'Yes', I replied.

'And that the accident was not your fault?'

'Well,' I said 'I think it was my fault but all the eye witnesses said I wasn't to blame.'

'OK sir, thank you I will now pass you to our senior partner.'

The senior partner asks me after a long period of 'on hold' music,
    'Could you please tell me the nature of your accident?'

'Yes', I replied, 'I **** myself'.

'What?!'

'My accident; I drank way to much, could barely stand up and **** my pants. It was really my fault but my friends said I shouldn't blame myself.'

'Thank you sir, goodbye.'

'Bye!'

8. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

Thanks, made me laugh.

Dave

9. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I used to like the double glazing people phoning up. I'd sound excited and tell them I was about to have my whole house re-glazed. Then I'd tell them to hold as I was going to get a pen, I'd put the phone on a table and carry on doing what I was doing. Give it 10 minutes then see if they had waited, if they had I'd say 'I'm still looking for a pen.'

10. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Best one an old bloke in his eighties, who I play snooker with in my local club told me, he says got a phone call from a double glazing salesman this morning, so decided to string him along, asked him lots of questions about the double glazing, how long it would take to do, told him how many windows I had etc etc, then asked him if they had some good ladders, he said yes, they have all the equipment and would do a good job, so he said good, because I live on the eleventh floor of a block of council flats, he said he hung up on me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  11. CJK1965

CJK1965 Banned BANNED

When we lived in the Midlands we used to get hounded by Staybrite windows, phone calls and cold calling on the doorstep, finally their pestering worked, I caved in and allowed them to come and view a broken pane with a view to quoting for a replacement.
    Saturday morning arrived, the salesmans big day, he arrived on time and had a big smile, very happy chap he was, I lead him through the house and out the back onto the patio. He stared eagerly at the rear windows looking for the broken pane ... "which one is broken Sir ? " .... I then pointed at the greenhouse ... "That one !"
    I never heard from them again after that :)

12. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I suppose you could answer these nuisance calls by saying "I have two words to say to you and the second one is off"or is that a bit too impolite or if you have an answer phone your message could be along the lines of "If your a telemarketing/nuisance call hang up anyone else leave a message please

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014