1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. No longer allowed Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- We now do not allow political and religion threads anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section) unless Airgun related and they must be put in the Airgun related politics section..

Staff will not move posts for you if you put it in the wrong section – it will simply be deleted. You will then have to type it all out again and put it in the right place, so heed this warning.

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

So What’s The Best Thing You’ve Shot? Ever??

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Reevo17, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Reevo17

Reevo17 Post Whore

Flicking back through some Facebook photos I came across some gun range pics from the states and it got me thinking.

What’s the best thing you’ve shot?

At Uni I joined the OTC (officier training corps) as it was the only club that paid you! I needed beer money after all

We had a great time, demolitions weekend in Senneybridge with det cord, PE4 and BaR mines etc but only got to shoot rifle 5.56 (SA80) and the bigger cousin the LSW both with SUSAT (sight unit small arms tactical) but red dot to you and me).

I thought I was pretty cool but we never got hold Of the GPMG (general purpose machine gun).

Fast forward a few years (a few decades later) and being married to a half yank meant we visited The yanky family frequently - this allows me to disappear to the gun range a few times!!

Last year we were in LA and I headed to the downtown gun range, across the road from Magnus Walker and all his Porsche’s.

What a great place. I went with my father in law and we were like kids in a sweet shop.

I went for the beretta 9mm and he went for the Glock...

A few bucks later and having tried our best lethal weapon smiley faced targets we were onto the next.

.357 magnum! Oh yes, big boy toys now! Spinning the chamber flicking it shut, what fun! But sharing a box or rounds didn’t last long so back we ran to the counter with huge grins on our faces!

As we were finishing up this you young lad came in with his assault rifle, Boom boom boom went his rounds down range - he was stacked and looked the business, if there was going to be a zombie apocalypse I wanted him on my team!

There were a few other in the range, gangsters shooting sideways in their chrome pistols, some father and sons bonding etc

I digress, picking up our next .44 magnum we returned with fresh paper! Oh what fun! The real Dirty Harry now! .44 MAGNUM! We were loving life, but we needed more...

Rifles!!!!

Well that didn’t last long, an AK47 and an M16.... fun but the California rules of single shot and not full auto took the shine away....

Back to the counter...

What’s the best thing you’ve got we ask....

The clerk smiles and comes back with a S&W .500

Bloody hell! The pistol was twice the size of the .44 magnum so were the shells!!!

This was an elephant/ bear gun apparently!!!

Our only warning was to not put our finger along the side as the blast will rip our fingers off!!! EEK!!!

Apprehensively we loaded her up, my father in law went first

BOOM!

First shot kicked so hard it went into the ceiling!!! Blimey!!!

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The sound! The kick! AMAZING!!

We were laughing so much like school girls even Mr tight T shirt assault rifle turned to see what we were shooting! It was louder!!

We only had 10 round ($20 bucks vs 50 9mm for $10) but boy was it memorable!! We even hit the target a few times!

That has to be the best thing I’ve fired by a long way....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Just for comparison 9mm, .357, .44, S&W500
    What’s yours?

[​IMG]

2. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

I really enjoyed the AK74 and Uzi, but then I am a very childish man.:p

3. shauny

shauny Major Poster

any silenced handgun:),also bags of fun,a silenced micro uzi, and not so much fun,but worth doing an early barret .50 rifle.

Tinbum and Reevo17 like this.
  4. craigster

craigster Engaging Member

3B62FF89-F5A7-417A-A104-C2F5D0C4ED90.jpeg For me personally (related to airguns) It was getting to shoot a friends Imperial Double barrelled express....Probably not many of you remember the gun.
    For me it was how an air rifle should be, sleek. It had a shotgun style stock and the receiver area was of the quality seen on a good quality over and under 12 bore...
    Triggers and trigger guard were similarly styled...
    Not a ridiculous hamster, or gigantic raised comb in sight. A real woods walkers arm...how it should be and lost to a better time before people started wandering round with ridiculously stocked implements more at home on a 10 mtr Olympic match lane....
    It performed too....2 shots in quick succession into an inch at 30 yards from the Ten pumps...11.1ftlbs from the first and 10.9ftlbs from the second...Decently weighty and lovely feel to it....Well over 1k though, even at the time of its release (1986) price was over £500 ...
    Only 1000 built...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  5. Tinbum

I went to an Express day at Bisley about 20 years back. For the life of me I can't remember the calbres I shot, but they were all BIG! I think one was called a .600" Nitro or somethng?:D

Brock1Rgj, Reevo17 and shauny like this.
  6. Neil Curtis

Neil Curtis Well-Known Member

7.62 Fn FAL , lovely.

Reevo17 likes this.
  7. Wing Commander

Wing Commander Engaging Member

Awesome. . . :D

8. shauny

shauny Major Poster

thats the one you give to a slightly built lady,then stand back and snigger!

Reevo17 and Tinbum like this.
  9. DRAGONBAIT666

DRAGONBAIT666 Busy Member

S&W 357 magnum. Before the handgun ban :(

Reevo17 and Wing Commander like this.
  10. shauny

shauny Major Poster

i owned a s+w 686. not too pleasant to fire the .357s ,much nicer shooting .38spls

Reevo17 and Tinbum like this.
  11. Tinbum

I've still got mine!

8CD4D4C8-2B20-4372-96BD-AFAF3FF0B9B7.jpeg

ibo7, Reevo17, shauny and 2 others like this.
  12. DRAGONBAIT666

Yup 38 specials were tamer to shoot but hey it’s a Magnum so why not wreck ur hand for some fun lol

Reevo17 and shauny like this.
  13. DRAGONBAIT666

Have also shot an MP5 but the revolver was more fun. Prefer handguns :) ;)

Reevo17 and shauny like this.
  14. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Donator

Pkm Russian machine gun, mp5 (full auto) and a glock handgun at Battlefield Vegas when I was on holiday there a couple of years ago, there was someone Firing a Barrett .50cal on the same little indoor range it shook the room and you could hear it over all the other machine guns, I wanted to have a go but it was booked all day and I didn't get chance to go back before we had to come home.
    Then to top it all my stepdad came back from Vegas the following year and gave me the used brass from the gun he fired when he went to Battlefield - the git had fired the fifty cal :handjob:

15527657122867406835633389575721.jpg

Reevo17 likes this.
  15. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Busy Member

Never got to shoot it, but I did get to manually lay and train it.....

[​IMG]

cap44, DRAGONBAIT666, Tinbum and 5 others like this.
  16. Treecreeper

Treecreeper Based

I've shot all sorts over the years, so can't really say for certain but if I was asked what gun I'd most like to shoot again, it would be the original Sharp's rifle like the one below, which is like a work of art close up. As for air guns, it would be any of the old target rifles I used to shoot as a kid at a club as they were super accurate for the early '80's.

[​IMG]

The gun I'd most like to shoot is the Russian PPSH with drum mag. It looks like a lot of fun :)

audi swift and Reevo17 like this.
  17. Reevo17

Reevo17 Post Whore

Shauny the licensed killer

18. Brock1Rgj

Brock1Rgj Busy Member

Toss up between Milan with MIRA thermal ,tracking ,tracking,tracking .wire guided loveliness 12 grand a pop
    Charlie G ....
    ..or law 80,5 chrome spotting rounds ,switch to main armaments and ur in ..six grand a go .
    All good but I kinda liked the Carl gustaff,flip open the venturi and clear " Tank action!!!"
    The Charlie G used to give me a nosebleed .
    And no I'm not giving it the big I am ...I was an infantry soldier for years so it was part and parcel .To take the shine off we used to have to run with this s**t and trust me bar the 80/94 ...They ain't light and it ain't fun .The Carl gustaff was basically a man portable tank from times past .But dependable and reusable. Interesting that they brought it back and like the GPMG ...some s**t just works

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  19. Desmond.22

Desmond.22 Post Whore

Lee Enfield 303 for me.

200 yds open sights at a 14" target.

Hit it twice out of 10 and to be fair was pleased.

20. bobjen38

bobjen38 Busy Member

You tried getting your finger on the trigger lately lol