1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Snowpeak M25 Pcp Rifle .177

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by JKR, Mar 24, 2021.

1. JKR

JKR Engaging Member

I picked up this rifle almost two weeks ago as my first PCP having shot predominately with springers and CO2 rifles. It took me a while to decide on what would be my first PCP, I had a limited budget but knew I wanted a bolt action rifle that is full sized with a decent shot count. The Snowpeak (formerly Artemis) M25 seemed to fit the bill perfectly with the added bonus that my local and trusted RFD stocks them (shout out to @dancza at Big Dan’s Airguns) for a budget friendly £355.

Overall Picture.jpg
    Middle Close up.jpg

The M25 is a bolt action regulated PCP rifle that comes in a nice solid synthetic stock with a two stage adjustable trigger and a shrouded barrel and moderator (that actually works!). It is supplied with a single shot tray, one magazine (12 shots for my .177) and has a decent sized weaver rail on top for mounting scopes. A nice little feature it has is a rotating dust cover to keep the air filler inlet clean. As a side note it is also available in a number of calibres up to 9mm!

SST and Mag - Close.JPG

When I first saw the rifle in the flesh I was a bit surprised by how long it is but once shouldered I soon forgot about the length and enjoyed how it felt (It will just about fit into a 50” rifle slip). I wasn’t expecting much from a synthetic stock at this price point but it surprised me with how nice it actually felt. I was expecting it to be quite a hard hollow plastic but that is not the case, it is solid with a pleasant feel to it. I guess one downside to the stock might be the mould lines on the underside of the stock but it doesn’t bother me. The bolt action is chunky and very pleasing to use, it is smooth and hasn’t missed a beat with the various pellets I have tried. A point to note about the general finish is that whilst it seems good enough in most places certain areas have marked from use quite easily, mainly around the loading area where the magazine goes in some of the black finish has come off on the edges. I can live with it and will touch it up at some point.

finish Marks - Close.JPG

In use the rifle has max 250 Bar fill listed on the cylinder but I have been pumping it (180ish pumps) to about 230 Bar and shooting down to around 110 Bar which has returned approximately 200 shots give or take a bit. The power is fairly consistent (to my understanding) with the last 10 shot string I did returning a 12 FPS spread using 8.44 grain JSB Exacts averaging 10.46 Ft lbs. I did test it with the heaviest .177 I have, some JSB Monsters coming in at 13.43 grains, and the power went up to 11.4 Ft lbs.

FPS.JPG

Since I have cleaned the barrel I have put a few hundred pellets through it and the accuracy seems to be settling down nicely especially since I would not class myself as a great shot! If I take my time and concentrate I can get ragged 5 pence sized groups at 25 yards. The target card, shot at 25 yards, I have uploaded shows the two on the left with 12 pellets each using the single shot tray and the two on the right are using the magazine (the last target is 6 shots through the magazine). I have tried a number of pellets and it seems to like field target trophies in 4.52 and Webley Accupell FT the best. Although I do have some more samples coming soon to test with :)

latest tests.jpg

I don’t have much to compare the trigger to but I like it. The second stage is a tad long for my liking and I will look at adjusting it in the future but out of the box it is definitely usable. The downside is the stock needs removing to make the adjustments.

The magazine supplied (same as the M30) is definitely a step up from the one I have on my CR600W (as used by the CP2, PR900W etc) and whilst you still need to load the first pellet backwards I have had no issues cycling pellets like H&N, JSB Accupell’s etc. In fact I have found minimal difference in using the magazine or single shot tray in regards to accuracy.

The safety for the rifle is similar to the Air arms PCP rifles and is a button built into the trigger. Not my favourite place for a safety but it does the job and is easy to operate.

Overall I can say that I am very happy with my purchase, I think it is just what I need to scratch my itch in regards to PCP’s without breaking the bank. It handles nicely, the bolt action makes me grin every time I use it and coupled with the good accuracy I would highly recommend it :thumb:

2. Gary 59

Gary 59 Well-Known Member

A nice and informative review welcome to the world of pcp.
    At that price you can't go wrong plus getting it from big Dan's you're in good hands.
    Regards Gary.

JKR likes this.
  3. Wing-span

Wing-span Hello Peter Rabbit. Shhh... go to sleep.

Thanks for posting the review. Good job fella.

JKR and Gary 59 like this.
  4. Bobbyc

Bobbyc Engaging Member

Well done I look forward to seeing you at the club soon
    Dan is hard beat
    Bob

JKR and Gary 59 like this.
  5. JKR

JKR Engaging Member

Definitely @Bobbyc ! I hope that you are keeping well. Can't wait for it to reopen and be able to shoot the breeze and some targets :)

6. David M

David M Donator

Nice review matey, enjoy your new gun.....:up:

JKR likes this.
  7. Andy_J

Andy_J co2 Replica Airgun collector

Good review mate. Nice to see someone taking the time to do reviews like this.:up:

JKR likes this.
  8. woodyrapid7

woodyrapid7 Posting Addict

Great review mate, very helpful especially for people wanting a budget pcp or a starter pcp . Been a while since @dancza has done any reviews.

happy shooting Paul

JKR and dancza like this.
  9. dancza

dancza Donator

I'm snowed under at the minute among other things but we'll hopefully have the new P-35 and Benjamin Akela reviewed very very soon. :thumb:

10. AG72

AG72 Engaging Member

Just ordered a .22 cal, i realy like the looks of it

JKR likes this.
  11. JKR

JKR Engaging Member

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine @AG72 ! I'm looking forward to our ranges opening up next week to see how it goes at distance :)

I noticed you are based in Europe, are you bound by the sub12 ft lb rule? Or a
    re you getting yours with a bit more spice?!

AG72 likes this.
  12. AG72

AG72 Engaging Member

It's even worse here in sweden, we have a 10 joule limit, 7.38 ft/lb, we can buy 177, 22 and 25 cal airguns and pistol with that powerlimit, then you can get guns with more power if you join a a club that have permission for higher power like Field target or if you have a hunting license and you know farmers or other buisness in need of some pest removal you can get a higher powered airgun, i think the requierment for that is .22 cal and atleast 180 m/s, but you can buy uppgrades to your airguns without any license to make it FAC, it's only illegal when you put it in the gun...

13. JKR

JKR Engaging Member

Wow I feel for you buddy, I thought we had it bad in the UK! I hope you enjoy your new rifle and let us know how you get on with it :)

AG72 likes this.
  14. Sean110

Sean110 Busy Member

Sometime on now, how are you getting on with it? And do you know what the rail is for on top of barrell?

Realy tempted to get one in 177 but they look so long with a moderator, not the end of the world though.

15. JKR

JKR Engaging Member

Hi @Sean110 , got well over 1000 pellets through it so far and not had any issues with the gun. Did have one issue with the magazine where the spring inside disconnected, not sure if I over rotated it or something. Simple to fix, just undid the retaining screw, reseated the spring end in the retaining hole and reassembled. I have moved on from h&n FTT to the QYD streamlined 4.5 for a slight accuracy improvement and am going to try out the slightly heavier QYS to try and combat the wind we are having lately at longer ranges, the samples are grouping nicely so far at 25M.

Much of my shooting is around the 25m distance and it has maintained its accuracy. Did do a few groups out to 45M and the best was around 1. 3/4", probably more down to my skill level rather than the gun but I'll also blame the wind :rolleyes:

As I mentioned I don't have any other PCP experience to compare it to but I am still really happy with it, especially at the price point. I did have it next to a Gamo phox at the range and from the look of the stocks etc the M25 looked at lot better quality in my opinion.

As for the barrel band pic rail I can only think it is an after thought. They were always going to have a band there so why not chuck an extra rail on top? Not much use but personally I am going to try a set of flip up open sights on it at some point, a bit like the hatsan vectis.

I wouldn't let the length put you off too much as you don't really notice it when shouldered or if you are prone shooting (primarily what my shooting it). As with any gun its good to shoulder it first before handing over any money.

Big Dan (@dancza ) just released a review on YouTube yesterday which I'd recommend watching but feel free to ask any other questions and I'll do my best to provide some first hand experience :thumb:

dancza and Sean110 like this.
  16. Sean110

Sean110 Busy Member

Cheers mate

After i posted i realised that extra mount is probably for the barrel and yea why not put it on there!

Thanks, ive seen dans review last night and was going to give him a bell to see if he had anymore in stock (there on his website)

Very accurate on the review and very tempted to get one!

JKR likes this.
  17. JKR

JKR Engaging Member

I got mine from Big Dan and can highly recommend him as an RFD and good bloke (got to get me a discount on the next rifle ;)).

dancza, Sean110 and 32:1 like this.
  18. scooby1

scooby1 Very Active

Nice review :thumb:

19. AG72

AG72 Engaging Member

Recieved mine a couple days ago aftera long wait, and as you see in the picture it was not well handled or packed, the barrel had penetrated trough the box so it must have been trown around... but it seems fine, not bendt or any marks on it, did some quick pellet testing @ 25m and it prefers jsb/air arms 14.35gr and 16gr, i have ordered a hawke vantage 3-9×40 for it and hopefuly it will fit her nicely, love the bolt action! Trigger need some adjustment but pretty ok out of the box, i think the regulator is set to high, it's around 120 bar, will try to lower that well under 100 if it's easy to do

Attached Files:

20. AG72

AG72 Engaging Member

Got my new scope so I mounted that and went to our cabin to test it, horrible wind around 12-13 m/s, we gonna get up to 30mm rain today and tomorow so it's only a quick test, pellets where jsb 14.35gr, jsb hades 15.89gr and air arms 16gr, distance 25m, i also noticed that the reg is set at 150 bar, and I can't fill up to max cause the scuba tank getting low on air, can only fill to 165 bar...
    The gun was resting on bipods and a pillow under my arms, shooting from a bench

Attached Files: