1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Smk Cp-1 M .177 First Thoughts

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Jayme G, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Jayme G

Jayme G Active Member

Hi guys,
    I know there’s loads of posts about this great pistol so I won’t bore you with what’s already been said.

This pistol arrived about 45 minutes ago from PellPax using their face to face service. The guy was polite and a few minutes ahead of time which was good.
    The pistol came with a CO2 already inserted and pierced?! Which I thought was odd for a new gun. Even came with a tag saying ‘CO2 FITTED’.
    753E4C01-F34F-462C-A605-7C6FAA170B45.jpeg
    I was confused by this as remembering back to my replica BB air pistol, leaving the CO2 in a gun is bad for the seals (I’ve seen 1 or 2 of my friends air pistol seals go on a relatively new gun which I think was from leaving the gas in there when not in use). I also know you should keep gas in a PCP gun to keep the valves from sticking so I’m not too sure on this as it wasn’t advertised with a CO2?

I have two gripes with this gun, which I immediately spotted.
    1) The rear sight is sitting on the p*ss quite a bit, and it annoys me every time I sight the gun. Disappointed as I prefer iron sights on my pistols and don’t fancy a scope on it. 741F9688-62DE-4AB5-95E8-637F36F807F8.jpeg

When I first shot it I was struggling to get groups smaller than 3” but after 3 mags it started to close up. The gun come shooting 4” high but when I adjusted the rear sight all the way down I found out the adjustment screw interferes with the bolt. Meaning if you lower your rear sight it locks on the bolt so you can’t even cock the gun.

The gun also come with a nasty dink in the bolt
    8223C955-1DC8-4A9D-AE53-39E0C4AC19D6.jpeg

I’ve heard the trigger is adjustable but there’s no holes to adjust it through the trigger guard like a normal gun, am I right in saying the whole trigger group has to be removed to adjust it? Additionally the trigger pull really isn’t too bad on mine, perhaps they’ve changed it a bit but I’m guessing it’s around 2lb at the moment, a lot lighter than my 10/22 trigger and that’s been honed.

Also also found the trigger guard to be on the smaller side? But that could just be being picky?

Overall this isn’t a negative post as I need to shoot this gun a lot more. It’s really me pointing stuff out that I’ve noticed and don’t think has been covered yet, and I would like to hear back from anyone who has noticed anything like this.

talent likes this.
  2. gingernut

gingernut Well-Known Member

Don't worry about co2 in a cylinder gun like this.
    Probably good for it

Jayme G likes this.
  3. Brewie

Brewie Well-Known Member

Hi, I don't know about that make not having one myself,i have bought from Pelpax twice,as you say very good service,mysel I think I would get in touch with them and point out the issues with the pistol,They do seem very helpful when ordering over the phone.:)

Jayme G likes this.
  4. Brewie

Brewie Well-Known Member

Ive herd different tales as regards leaving co2 in,its not something I do ,seems to be a bit of an unknown,somes say its fine,others not,Dont relly know the best answer on that.

Jayme G likes this.
  5. td_boy

td_boy Donator

If you're not happy with it - send it back....simples!
    Regardless of anything else, the rear sight should not be on the p**s like that and it'll substantially devalue it if you sold it on.
    If you've only just bought it you're covered under the distance selling regulations anyway.

Jayme G likes this.
  6. Jayme G

Jayme G Active Member

It’s just annoying because I don’t want to send it back as I won’t have it for a couple of weeks whilst they get a spare sight for it. I’ve noticed the hole for the pin that holds the rear sight on has been drilled at an angle. I think this could be an easy fix so I’ll probably take it to work to have a look.

7. Jayme G

Jayme G Active Member

For what it’s worth I’ll probably just take the canister out. I have a box of the things left over from my BB pistol days.

8. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Hello Jayme,
    I reckon the bulb would not have been in the gun long, possibly the day [or two days] before delivery. They would have put it in at Pellpax to zero your gun somewhere close before sending it out, which means they would also have seen the rearsight. You are also right in your assumption that they should not be left for long periods with a bulb fitted. I would say overnight is fine, anything else not. ;)

I have never used the opens on mine so I am sorry to hear about it interfering with the bolt. Could you possibly fit a washer or similar to pack it out slightly? or use a shorter bolt, or report it to them and say you are not happy.

All that aside the CP1 is a fantastic little gun.
    :thumb:

9. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, just buy some crosman pell gun oil and dab a bit on the capsule nozzle every new one, lubricates seal, and i kept the capsules warm before use ratting in winter, small bag with side pocket for hand warmer

10. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Engaging Member

my only gripe is canisters getting stuck, the front sight was wonky but I straightened that, everything else is good

11. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Quite simply - SEND IT BACK FOR A REPLACEMENT at Pellpax’s cost and time.

The CP1 is a mega pistol, so you deserve to have a good one as after all you have parted with the full money for this.

I’m EXTREMELY disappointed that there’s a Co2 bulb in the gun, because as it’s not “scoped” Pellpax have no reason to sight it up - and if they for some reason did Sight it up (doubtful) then I’m annoyed that the issues were not spotted. After all how can you Sight up a gun with p****d sights....

If I’m honest, I think you’ve been sent out a returned gun...... that’s what all the evidence leads me to believe so that bulb could’ve been in there for ages.

Dan1978, Brock1Rgj, CaptDAR and 5 others like this.
  12. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Engaging Member

no, they did the same with mine a couple of years ago, it came with gas in and the label on the trigger guard saying so, I just thought it was part of their pre-post checks and a vague attempt at zero/make sure it works

Brock1Rgj, Jayme G and mikeyhall1 like this.
  13. mikeyhall1

Fair enough, but they managed to Sight up a pistol with damaged sights.......... and even though they’ll probably have loads of these pistols in stock they thought sod it, we’ll send it anyway...

I’m sorry but that’s not good at all.

Dan1978 and Brock1Rgj like this.
  14. gingernut

gingernut Well-Known Member

Pellpax would have put the co2 capsule in to ensure that the gun worked with no leaks.

Makes sense when you are driving miles to deliver stuff.

I doubt they zeroed it.

When I buy a new co2 gun from a shop I often ask them to gas it up for me. Ive had a couple of ' blowers ' on recent purchases and its really annoying when it happens at home!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    talent likes this.
  15. Jayme G

Jayme G Active Member

Cheers mate this does make sense. I’ve emailed them about it with pictures. I was going to let it slide but I shot it again and I was automatically canting the gun to compensate which wasn’t good.

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  16. mikeyhall1

Mate you’ll never be confident with it now, best to start with a fresh one ;)

Dan1978 and Jayme G like this.
  17. Jayme G

Jayme G Active Member

Yeah the bottom of the screw needs grinding off I think but I’ve emailed them about the wonky sights so hopefully they will sort all that out for me.

Nubble likes this.
  18. billy.whizz

billy.whizz Posting Addict

I don't know if you've ever read the thread on the kozak rifle!, some of the ones sold by pellpax ,delivered too customers were damaged /faulty ,have a look at the old kozak thread ,don't just take my word for it. send it back its faulty and damaged ,you paid for a new one ,not a damaged s/hand one.

Jayme G likes this.
  19. Jayme G

Jayme G Active Member

I’ll check that out now. Thank you for that! :rolleyes:

20. Nubble

Nubble Donator

As already noted Pellpax make a habit of sending these guns out with Co2 bulb fitted. I don't believe we should assume that the pistol is second hand as a result of that but do believe that the sights are wonky as you rightly say and they shouldn't be. Get 'em to sort it out.
    :thumb: