1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Smith & Wesson M&p 15 Problem!

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by Paulsgt, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Paulsgt

Paulsgt Active Member

Hi folks, my daughter's boyfriend has the above .22LR semi auto. On occasion, not all the time, the gun will cycle the fresh round into the breech, but doesn't re-set the hammer or the trigger. Has anyone come across this issue?
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Paul.

2. rich79

rich79 Lovin the smell of cordite in the morning

How long has he had it? Sounds like it needs to go back under warranty if applicable!
    They did do a recall on them but I think it was for slam fire issues and the bolt heads.

3. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Pro Poster

What ammo is he using? and has he fitted any aftermarket parts?

4. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Pro Poster

Actually going full auto and like a F/A there is no reset as long as the trigger is kept pressed.

5. Paulsgt

Paulsgt Active Member

Unfortunately I don't have a lot more information at the moment. I don't know how old the gun is so not sure if there's a warranty claim possible. I can find out what ammo he's using.
    I'll mention the recalls to him, to see if he's aware of them.
    Thanks.

6. Paulsgt

Paulsgt Active Member

I've contacted him, he's using CCI standard ammo, used it for a while. The gun is completely standard. No longer under warranty, unfortunately.

Thanks.

7. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

Brother inlaw has one, Try using cci mini mags, give the gun a good clean.
    Atn
    Mart

gasman and Paulsgt like this.
  8. rich79

rich79 Lovin the smell of cordite in the morning

Id try some high velocity ammo.

9. gasman

gasman Ex-Head of sales smartfit uk, IQ -8

Yep as said ammo issue, well sounds like cci mini mags are the way to go

mmamonster likes this.
  10. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Pro Poster

I bought 5 for the club, they have been running and continue to run flawlessly on CCI standard.

Perhaps the unit trigger is in need of new springs? I would never use minimag personally as it can destroy 5.56 AR triggers, but would be fine on a dedicated .22 RF trigger unit.

mmamonster likes this.
  11. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

I had one from new until recently, i put about 1500 rounds through it with zero issues using CCI Blazer HV ammo. It spat the empties out so far that i almost needed a bike to go find them!
    I never tried any other ammo so maybe HV rounds are the way to go with the M&P's.

12. Sarge

Sarge Busy Member

If it's not resetting the hammer then it most likely is short stroking, or the trigger mech is in need of adjustment/repair (if that's possible).
    First cause could be user related (hold the rifle better), ammo related (get some pokier stuff) or just dirty (clean to free up the bolt etc) - check there's nothing behind the bolt stopping full movement.
    Second cause, you'd need to hold the TMH closer to the keyboard so I can see it.;)

ETA: On a few 22 ARs I have seen they had the issue of a dinged (technical term:D) chamber caused by a lot of dry firing. It's easy to remove but until then the burr can drag on the case usually on extraction but I've also seen it sometimes slow the feed. If the ejected cases have a bright scratch on one side then that could be the cause.

mmamonster likes this.
  13. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Pro Poster

Whilst HV ammo used to be the way to go, for us in a range between rows of houses, with a turning target system and thousands of rounds a night it's just too noisy!

CCI standard was a godsend for us a few years back, when we discovered it functioned in all of the .22 AR's in the club without issue and there were dozens of custom ones at the time (most built by me LOL).

14. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

First off break the gun down and check and clean the bolt and the upper second do the same with the trigger mech

I’d say it’s dirty inside, seen it before

with cci standard the only time I’ve seen this is due to dirt and crud build up in the bolt guide and trigger mech

15. Paulsgt

Paulsgt Active Member

Thanks gents, I will pass on all of your advice/suggestions to him (it would be easier to get him on the forum), hopefully he can sort it out.

Regards, Paul.

16. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Member

Hi guys,
    I've the HK416 and it'll run on nearly every ammo I've fed it. The design of the S&W etc are primarily geared towards the high velocity ammo. Cci mini mags are great and very reasonably priced. I'd stay well clear of any bulk boxes. The S&W could be tuned but it's more hassle than it's worth. I'd it the new version of the S&W? 22 plinkster had a few issues with his.

Paulsgt likes this.
  17. The burpster

The burpster Busy Member

These AR based Semis are very simple designs. If it has been running faultlessly on one type of round and it’s stopped performing then it’s one of two things. A part has broke or its full of burnt powder and carbon deposits.
    Don’t just get faster ammo as you may compound the problem and there is no guarantee it will be any more accurate, in my experience it most likely won’t be.
    Find the problem and address it so you can keep using the same ammo.

Paulsgt likes this.