1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

small compact moderators

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by martin22, Sep 15, 2014.

1. martin22

martin22 Donator

can anyone recommend any small/compact moderators other than venom slimtech? im not after anything too long and dont want one that has a large diametre,im not after an essay on how moderators work ect either :rolleyes: im just after a recomendation that suits my requirements and maybe a pic or 2 if possible
    thanks

2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

The 3 shortest off the shelf, are the swift stubby, huggett belita, and the deben whisper 130.

Mattw975 could make you one to your spec:)

3. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

As mentioned above, the Deben 130 is a decent mod, I have one on my TX, if you want a short one, the Sound Biter is only four and a half inches long, I have one of those on my Alecto, but did do a hair curler job on the internals, it works well for its size. Atb, Bob.

5. martin22

martin22 Donator

cheers fella's :up:

6. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  7. bhodge

bhodge Keyboard Hero

Another vote for the Whisper 130, mine does an excellent job in keeping my AA S400 quiet.

8. metalman

metalman Very Active

Very impressed with Swift stubby compared with HW

9. JD

JD Donator

What ever happened to in line silencers for springers.

Webley Venom made a couple of small compact mods for springers, one of which was the standard Longbow silencer.

Unless your shooting a pcp, who wants a big bulbous mod on the end of their barrel ?

10. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned BANNED

a+m stumpy are very good
    I have one that will be in the sales section shortly as I have far too many silencers ;)

11. Scott srs

Scott srs Well-Known Member

I have a sak silencer on my r10 that's not a bad size and it does a great job

12. mattw975

mattw975 Big Poster

Go custom, its the way of the future ;)

13. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

shameless advertising :eek: but matts mods are good and he will make you what you want :up:
    if you do want a whisper 130 pm me though I think I have 1 spare ;)

14. JD

JD Donator

And whats this, post to post salesmanship. lol ; )

15. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

In London - Silencers are required to be Face to Face and registered in RFD Register :rolleyes:

BOB/R

16. Stevie Darling

This not sending silencers in the post is a pile of bloody Censored!!!!!!

17. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

If you can find one, an Air Logic Whisperer. I managed to find one to fit over the open sights on my HW80 and it's amazingly quiet for such a small moderator.

Or, if you can't find / don't fancy one of those you could do a lot worse than PM Mattw975 and discuss your needs regarding a custom job - he does bespoke moderators sometimes and his work is excellent.

18. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

You can send them in the post if you're not an RFD.

Mental but true.

19. Stevie Darling

That's what I was wondering, a mate is after a huggett belita, but after an email to huggett precision products they said it couldn't be sent in the post!

Are they an RFD:confused:

20. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

Yeah, but ammo can (pellets at least). Then someone tells you, "Ah, but you have to have the gun in order to shoot the ammo" well duh!! Same applies to a mod, without the "gun", it's just a piece of metal and no use for anything! So if you must buy one from an RFD legally face to face, what's the difference? Without a "Gun" at home, you wouldn't need one would you? I've never heard of such a silly law :rolleyes:.

Then there's the not allowed for a company online to send you directly an Air Rifle anymore, no mail order anymore etc (Where all personal details must be given so they know who you are for payment terms, the catalogue agent knows you personally and the sale can be traced to YOU), but you want to buy one in a private sale anywhere in the country? Certainly Sir, no problem whatsoever :eek:. Do policy makers somehow think that an air rifle bought secondhand in complete privacy, without their knowledge, no details given, somehow doesn't work as well as a brand new one? I've never heard of such nonsense in all my life :mad:. Last time I was shooting 28 years back, you simply ordered one up from your Granny's Marshall Ward, Kays or John England Catalogue, bung 100 week payment terms on it, and waited for White Arrow to deliver it, Job done!!!!.

Rant over, I'm off to bed lol :rolleyes:

Andy :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014