1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Simmons scopes

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by smilersmith, Apr 29, 2012.

1. smilersmith

smilersmith Well-Known Member

Have just brought a air rifle that comes with a Simmons scope and I am trying to find out a little about the scope, does anybody use one or have any imfo ?
    Thanks

2. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Have you got a picture of it you could post? Simmons scopes are pretty good (especially the Phillipines-made versions) and some models such as the Whitetail Classic are quite sought after.

3. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Simmons used to be a big name in optics during the '90s. Whitetail Classic models are still well regarded, along with some of the other varients - Pro-Air and Mag-44 for example.

Sadly they've now gone the way of Tasco in that the only optics you'll find sold under their brand is substandard chinese crap.

Post a pic - we'll soon set you straight ;)

4. smilersmith

smilersmith Well-Known Member

I will post a picture of it as soon as i can. I dont think it is a newer model the magnification is 3-9 x 40. sorry I cant be more helpful but I dont have the scope to hand at the moment

5. adymorris

adymorris Keyboard Hero

Does it have a red ring around the objective lens, if it's an older one then yes they are OK, I have one on my H80, they are very clear

6. Oilysean

Oilysean Very Active

the 44mag was an amazing scope, had one on my tx.

7. theobencarbine88

theobencarbine88 Post Whore

so long as its not a 3-9x40 prosport :down: .. My only experience of simmons and it put me off. Sure the older ones are good though.

8. Egg

Egg Major Poster

I've had 2 - a Filipino WTC & and Pro-Air, both lovely bits of glass.

9. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Love my WTC. Clear as a bell.

10. the ratcher

the ratcher Engaging Member

I have a pilipino made WTC 3.5x10-50 with BLK mounts superb in low light conditions iv'e only had to zero it when it was fitted and it has not moved a millimetre in six months of regular use great piece of kit.

11. zigzag

zigzag Well-Known Member

hi i have two sets of the WTC 3.5-1-50 i also have a set of WTC 6.5-20.50 i will be putting them on ebay.

12. Reptargh

Reptargh Member

My Filipino made Simmons White Tail Classic (WTC11) is due to arrive tomorrow so i'll let you know then. :)

13. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

I love philippines Simmons. Have a WTC 3.5-10x40 on my HW80 and a prohunter 4-12x40 which i bought in 1991 for a princely sum of £124, I was only taking home £136 a week so was a major investment. Came with a lifetime warranty. Went back to Simmons in the late 90`s when my then GF took a hammer to it and they replaced it with a new one. Its currently with Bushnell UK who bought out Simmons and they are servicing it under the original warranty as the windage turret had gone a little slack with age. Top Glass in all Philippines Simmons scopes, It will be written on the underside :)
    [​IMG]

14. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Where's she buried?

15. ANGOF

ANGOF Post Whore

Deep in my past thank god :rolleyes:

16. Reptargh

Reptargh Member

Mounted my WTC11 today, i'll zero it tomorrow and report back. First impressions are very good!
    imag0328edit.jpg