1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

sick as a cleethorpes donkey on a bank holiday monday!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by martin22, Aug 31, 2014.

1. martin22

martin22 Donator

some of you may have seen my project 80 thread and today there was a little more progress,i'd done a 4hr round trip down to birmingham to pick up my new venom slimtech silencer (which i really didnt fancy as i didnt get in untill 6am this morning and im on nights again tonight 2h away down northampton)

anyway i gets home and like a kid at christmas i couldnt wait to fit it,10 min later it was on and looked sweet,i then decided to chuck the brand new nikon monarch scope and one piece mount on,the rifle looks brill and is ready for the new cs500 stock when it arrives,had a few shots on the back yard just to see how it all feels and i love it,it shoots like a dream and the scope is crystal clear

anyway i placed the rifle down on the patio table and thought ill just grab my phone to snap a couple of pics to update my thread on here,just as i'd walked in the house and grabbed my phone i heared an almighty bang!

the ******** kids playeing football on the side of the house have only booted the ball,its come over the fence landing on the table and yep...youve guessed it knocked the rifle off on to the patio floor,its scuffed all the end of the silencer,put a big scratch along the top of the scope and badly scratched/dented the dust cover for adjustment turrets,also scuffed the stock which im not to bothered about as its getting replace
    needless to say im fuming and sick as a cleethorpes donkey on a bank holiday monday :mad:

2. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Im sure steve would reblue if you told him of what has happend but can imagine how you feel ive been in same sort of scenario but with the lad on his scooter atvb dave

3. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Ouch... That's proper unfortunate. Gutted.

4. martin22

martin22 Donator

cheers fellas,ive got blueing touch up pen here so can probably sort the silencer,the sope looks a mess though,ill see if i can buy a dust cap from somewhere and ill see if i can 'camoflauge' the scratch on top somehow
    luckily the scopes seems fine internally anyway at least,fired a few more shots and the poi isnt shifting about or moved from where it was before

5. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Krylon satin black may just match your scope mate give it a light coat will look new

6. landymick

landymick Very Active

What a b***** always happens to new unused stuff even worse when its not your fault.Hope you can sort it out.

7. martin22

martin22 Donator

thanks dave ill have a look,got to do something as just the thought of it makes me cringe

cheers mick,ill see what i can do as it just ruins the whole rifle,im really gutted tbh but what can you do kids will be kids,i'd rather them be out there kicking the football about than sat in there bedroom glued to the xbox though

8. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Thats gutting mate.

If it makes you feel anybetter I marked my lightstream scope first time out the otherday . knows how.

But ive got one of those pens and used a match to dot it on, and bought a neoprene scope jacket for it so dont have to worry about it again, its got more neoprene than the average wet suit but b****r it if it stops me worrying its worth it.

Hope you can get your silencer sorted mate those slimtechs are soo nicely finished.

9. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Gutting it always marks where it shows the most:(

10. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

think you have took this well , if it happened to me think I would of been sat in a police station now

11. JD

JD Donator

Did you give their ball back, before or after shooting it ?

You seem to have taken it on the chin, I would be fuming.

12. martin22

martin22 Donator

thanks elliot,the odd scratches dont bother me to much as i know it will pick a few up when out,just frustrating that ive bought everything new and not took it out yet but thats life i suppose,i like the idea of the neoprene though,suppose can allways add a scope and silencer cover when out,at least then they can be removed for those 'sunday best' days up on the range ect lol
    as luck has it work got cancelled tonight so once in a calmer mood ive had a go at touching it up and its covered pretty well,i cant get the camera to pick them up anyway but ill try again in daylight tomorrow
    totally agree about the simtechs they really do finish the old weihrauchs off nice :cool:
    View attachment 102880

that it does mate,as above though they look bad at all now,will try add some pics tomorrow when theres better light :up:

trust me thats how i felt lol,its all good now though,heres a couple of pics (excuse the mess in the background had a new kitchen fitted and still got to tile yet) all ready for the new stock now :up:
    View attachment 102881 View attachment 102882 View attachment 102883 View attachment 102880

13. martin22

martin22 Donator

i went mad john but felt a bit guilty after,id rather them be out there than stuck indoors on the computer tbh (it was only the other day i was bollocking him for being stuck in the house all day :eek:) ,ive about covered the damage up to be fair though :up:
    oh and the ball got launched as far as i could kick it :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  14. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Didn't you have a CS500 on this one, Martin?

15. martin22

martin22 Donator

heres the scratch on top of the scope,trust me this was down to metal but ive managed to camoflauge it a bit,i had to get the light on it right to show it up for the camera
    View attachment 102884

thats the dust cap,again this was down to metal and its knocked some of the knurling off to but again it doesnt look anywhere near as bad now
    View attachment 102885

this is the end of the silencer,will have a look at this tomorrow though and see if i can do anymore on the other 2 but trust me they dont look anywhere near as bad now
    View attachment 102886

16. martin22

martin22 Donator

no mate that was my old 95,i have got a cs500 coming for this one though should be here in the next couple of weeks :up:
    View attachment 102891 View attachment 102890

17. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Am still fancying a CS500 for mine. Will keep my eye on your rifle - looks grand so far.

18. martin22

martin22 Donator

cheers owen,there nice fitting stocks and comfertable to shoulder,ive gone for skip checkering rather than stippling on the one for the 80 though to try and keep the old school look,just hope ive done right,still had the rosewood cap though and gone for adjustable butt pad,he told me this time he'll try and select one of the better blanks with some really nice grain so fingers crossed,will add some pics on my 80 thread when it arrives though :up: