1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Show Us Your Hunting Rifle !

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by john79, Aug 3, 2019.

1. john79

john79 Keyboard Hero

As a tin chicken hunter :D I try to look after my rifles as much as I can any knocks or dents /scratch's in the stock or bluing really bother me :(, A lot of you guys hunt/shoot live quarry in all situation's be it night /day so what im looking for is picture's or your ''working rifle's'' and any damage caused to them from hunting :)

Ta john.

2. Issac

Issac Posting Addict

Ok, as no one has posted, so I thought I would. This is my hunting rifle. It is a Tikka TX1 and chambered to .17 HMR.

I know you meant air rifles but,...I no longer have one.

This picture is before a Moderator or a scope being fitted.

[​IMG]

3. john79

john79 Keyboard Hero

looks very stealth mate :thumb:

Issac likes this.
  4. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The One + 1

IMG_1787.jpg IMG_2940.jpg
    I look after all my toys
    You wouldn’t be able to tell they ALL go out in the field I’m a bit OCD

5. Issac

Issac Posting Addict

I love this rifle so much, that I have another one waiting for me in the RFD. One will become a night rifle, set up with night vision.

I just sold my CZ 452 .22lr for £200 to the RFD,...I was surprised, as I lost nothing on that rifle. He was impressed with its condition. The point being, you can still have a nice rifle even out in the field.

Dr B, The Robin, gasman and 2 others like this.
  6. ibo7

ibo7 Keyboard Hero

It's a bl00dy good collection right there!:thumb::thumb:

Issac and john79 like this.
  7. gasman

gasman How do they know I've got Gas?

Issac he did say rifles:thumb:, so here's mine Sako A7, my most Abused gun I own and it’s the most Expensive, I’ve got knocks on mod,nothing to right home about damage wise on the gun itself as it’s pretty tough plus it’s stainless steel so won’t rust ( as quick) I recon you could hit the crap out the stock with a hammer and it would bearly
    leave a mark, can’t be worring about knocks and such, I want too use my stuff and not look at it :thumb:

28CCF16A-4C59-4A9E-A6F3-CB9953876A8B.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Chris Payne, Dr B, Rm29 and 9 others like this.
  8. Very nice marky nice pristine hunting collection you've got there

Marky-Boy likes this.
  9. So it's a tool for a job and not a showroom gun. Yes you got to look after your tools but they are going to get dirty from time to time. Have you got any other guns that you like to keep in showroom condition

10. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Beware the Springer

Here's mine, taken at dusk this evening. I cosset it because I dread knocking it out of zero, beyond that I don't care much if it gets battered or bruised, it's all about functionality at the end of the day after all.
    hw97k.jpg

11. gasman

Yes, funnily my most looked after and cleaned gun is my m44 mosin and it was way the cheapest , I just love it, stripping and cleaning it, it’s great 104B0BDB-3FED-43BE-91A2-1936FA67AD9F.jpeg 33676CFF-7F37-48BF-832C-F755E1D52B20.jpeg B61F008A-BE66-4DB5-8814-8908ECE87404.jpeg 6BC5C26F-D55D-4614-8BA7-1D297D4DEF3B.jpeg AA99902F-CF27-4CCA-857B-976AFF059B99.jpeg BF6590A7-C34E-4708-97E1-3A11262D690D.jpeg

OldGreyDog, Scott, john79 and 7 others like this.
  12. Wildfish

Wildfish Every Step An Adventure

13. gasman

If you can knock a scope off, it’s not a very good scope :rolleyes:

14. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Beware the Springer

Hi Gasman, I agree, I've never knocked a scope off, I've never knocked one out of zero, this one might as well be welded on, but I still worry about it... I guess I always will.

gasman likes this.
  15. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Very Active

Here’s two of mine 6AC346A7-7828-4623-B056-F69C03E35057.jpeg A58C046C-2D1C-4004-A5B5-F314AE202A77.jpeg

The air stripper gets swapped for the HW moderator for hunting

16. hairyarms

hairyarms .

Here is my new full length TX200. It's probably not the ideal rifle for sneaking about a farmyard and eventually I will go flying and dink it.
    I did have a full length a while ago and didn't like the balance compared to a HC but in hindsight the scope was probably too big, these days I just stick to a nice simple 3-9 x 40 and leave the mag on 4.

image.jpeg

TORNADOS7, Dr B, john79 and 10 others like this.
  17. Robgriff1

Robgriff1 Posting Addict

2B516C57-D39E-486E-84DB-D3D9318424DC.jpeg
    I tend to use this for bunny bashing more than my others

18. danban

danban Posting Addict

What is it? Looks well smart

Regards Dan

Robgriff1 likes this.
  19. Robgriff1

Robgriff1 Posting Addict

Air Arms Pro Sport dude

danban and Lev Levvin like this.
  20. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

From the top down :-

.25-06 Remmy 700 VSSF
    .22-250 Remmy 700 VS
    .17 HMR CZ452
    .22 LR CZ452

They are all used as God intended, and have fed either the family, myself or my dogs :thumb:

20190804_073201.jpg

gasman, Shoto1, hairyarms and 4 others like this.