1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Should we start a lobby?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by FXpoacher, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

"The british air rifle lobby".
    Better than bending over for the antis!

2. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

im in:D

ill put the kettle on:D

3. FXpoacher

We need another member to bring the hob nobs!

4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i like custard creams best;)

5. FXpoacher

Of course this thread would of made more sense, if a certain mod, (read as Buzz) hadn't deleted a whole debate as he did'nt like what was said, sorry i mean we didnt agree with his point of veiw.
    Nicley edited there buzz!:mad:

6. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

i support anything that protects our support you don't say whether your for or against the idea though fxpoacher did you start this thread because you think it's a good idea or a bad idea

7. Buzz

Buzz Banned

My original post wasn't meant to be a debate, it was a statement of intent...which still stands incidentally. I didn't delete it, I closed it.

8. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

but deletedthe posts before the closure

9. Nicksi

Nicksi Engaging Member

Can I be treasurer? I'm top notch at embezzlement:D:D

10. FXpoacher

I'm am against promoting ilegal aktivities.
    It's just that no one has made a post saying "Do this to your rifle to screw the last fpe out of it!".
    I'm all for freedom of choice and as i said in one (Now missing!) post ,if a rifle owner has a rifle that is over the limit, that is between him and the judge only.
    Everyone who get's into airguns knows there is a power limit, and they have read that in magazines and on forums. For them to say they had no idea is just stupid.

Also, yes i do beleive there should be a "British airgun lobby", as i think it is time that we, (and yes i am aware i live overseas, but mayby i will be back one day!), stood up to the antis and promoted airgunning in a more responsible light than what the media do.

The antis have made most airgunners paranoid about breaking the law, that they are actually making us paranoid without having to do anything!.

All of this was what i said last night, along with A1, but suddenly the post's were deleted.
    Not cool Buzz.

If it wasnt a debate, just notification, why didnt you lock the thread straight away?

11. FXpoacher

Yes Mate!!.
    As long as you embezzel it our way!!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  12. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

On another thread a while back i dared to suggest that we do proactive things to protect our sport and some of the ideas included having a lobby or governing body to protect our sport and i took no end of flack for it and you were one of the people that shot down my ideas and said they were a waste of time now i'm not trying to start an argument i just wonder why you have changed your mind because if there has been something that has changed your mind it may be usefull in changing the mind of the the others that have had negativity towards doing things to protect our sport

13. FXpoacher

I dont think i said it was a waste of time did i?:eek:

It's just i see on all UK airgun forums that we have to be carefull not to say this or show that.
    You don't see this on any other overseas forum, so it obviously must be an english thing.
    Then over the last few months i see that everybody is scared of having their sport taken away , and dos'nt want to rock the boat.
    I'm just saying that if you believe in somthing, you have to fight for it, or "they" will walk all over us.

the media only make up news to please their readers/veiwers.
    If their readers/veiwers see us in a good light, the media have to follow suit.

And a lobby for just airguns would be a good way for the public to see us. Organised and involved in the rule making, and kicking up a stink when some muppet in parliment is looking for easy PR.

Try to find that thread for me JJ and i will read through it again:eek:!.

14. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

There is a thread on here about whether we'd be prepared to be licensed read through that one i think you will find it interesting reading i basically said the same thing about fighting for our sport and i suggested that we need to be flexible and try to work with the goverment and threw out various suggestions as to how we could make things work should the goverment decide to try to legislate further and i was basically abused and called the enemy of the sport i agree with what your saying unfortunatly most airgunners want to hide in the background and hope they slip through the cracks of our legal system

15. FXpoacher

OK, but i was thinking more like forcing the goverment or we vote for the "other guy".

When they see that there are X amount of possible votes for them, but they need to improve our sporting oppertunities to get them.

Is there any UK lobby groups out there that are soley for airgunners?. How many airgunners are there out there 500,000, 1000,000?. I'm no fan of the unions, but together we are stronger.

I just don't think sitting on our a$$es moaning about it is enough. We do need to rock the boat and show joe public that we are responsible, whether it be plinking, pestcontrol or HFT/FT.

Think it's time for everyone to stand up and be counted, or stop moaning about how people damage our sport!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  16. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

there is no lobby that is purely for airguns we get lumped together with the other shooting sports but don't get the same respect every single sport in this country has a governing body that is in consultation with the goverment to manage the best interests of the sport and i think it's about time that airguns were given the same respect and had a nationally recognised organisation in charge whether it was something along the lines of the cpsa or something more advanced like the fa are to football we need a united voice that is recognised by the goverment and the public alike

17. FXpoacher

OK, so i was looking through AGW whilst in the library,(bog), and saw an add for "The British Airgun Shooters Association".

Now i've never heard of them in the news, so i checked out their website, and was given the impression that:
    1. AGW and Airgunner own/run it
    2. The BASC own/run it
    3. They have nice looking badges, but looks like they are making money through selling insurance.

Now i came to nr 3 as when i googled them, all that come up was about their insurance.:confused:
    So am i right in thinking that this is no more than a money spinning idea to sell insurance and badges?

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

there doesnt seem anything to promote the sport.
    you dont get a national day of airgunning do you:p

you get shooting in biathlon things and thats not frowned apon yet when one shoots without skii's then they are bad people:confused:

you know come to think of it i wonder if skii's would make your stading shots more stable:D

19. FXpoacher

Probably, but after ski ing 5kms at full pelt you have to admire their accuracy. Then if they miss, they have to go round again!!!.

Mayby all the UK's HFT clubs should have an open day on the same day. Local news papers would jump at the chance to report on a local event. That would do no end for the sport!

20. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

yep clubs never ever go looking for member or try to reach out to promote the sport.

its juniors they really want to go after because it'll be great if this generation got everyone into it but then theres no one to pass down the buck to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.