1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Certificate Renewal......

Discussion in 'Shotguns (SGC)' started by Storcky, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Storcky

Storcky Keyboard Hero

Speaking with my mate today and he’s had a letter from Essex FAD saying that in 2022 they will be inundated with renewals and would he consider renewing in 2021 to “assist” in their problem.
    No indication of a rebate or extension on his license from 5 to 6 years just him being able to “assist” them.
    As his SGC and FAC run contiguously he would be the one suffering financially for them to benefit if he goes along with their request.
    Told him to reply and ask if they would consider giving him a less restrictive (open) FAC in return for his assistance in this matter, thereby saving them more expense by not having to clear anymore permission’s he may gain.
    Has anyone else been contacted regarding this matter.

2506sendero likes this.
  2. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

I am expecting my coterminous renewal to drop on the mat before the end of this month, so obviously nothing like this came up for me when I completed all the paperwork in early November.
    I find it a bit unusual that if Essex plod are asking for help with regard to being overburdened with renewals, they cannot just extend your mates ticket by 12 months so the help and goodwill can be experienced by all parties concerned :shrug:

Blue BSA likes this.
  3. chuggypop

chuggypop Marmite - I'm undecided.

I was contacted back in May 2020, my certificate expires in April 2022.

4. PaulBB

PaulBB Posting Addict

Mine was sent 6 months early to help ease the rush.
    They then lost my online payment. :facepalm:

5. Storcky

Storcky Keyboard Hero

Hope they investigated it....:rolleyes:

PaulBB likes this.
  6. rich79

rich79 No deep or funny comment here

The Met never contact me about anything, infact if I contact them it's 50/50 whether you'll get the right information, they never told me that they weren't doing grants atm & it's all online only!

Id ask for a year extension next year.

PaulBB likes this.
  7. poguemahone

poguemahone Posting Addict

my renewal arrived t'other day, for renewal in march.

8. Seasicksteve74

Seasicksteve74 Engaging Member

I held one for the last 12 years or so (no issues)

This year they wanted a Dr's sign off at a cost to me of £150 as its a private med note

Plus SOMETHING IMPORTANT
    SMALL PRINT when renewing
    Have you experienced anxiety, stress mental health issues.....

Had to answer YES
    Covid 19
    At threat of redundancy!

Licenses were not extended

Had to sell my kit and give the guns to the police ....

Not happy TBH

I wonder how many ppl at renewal can honestly say they have not been stressed this year ....

Vulcanfreak, Blue BSA and PaulBB like this.
  9. Storcky

Storcky Keyboard Hero

Wow that was harsh, and having to hand your property to them as well.
    Do you get reimbursed on the value ?
    Or why couldn’t you pass to RFD to sell on for you ?

10. Seasicksteve74

I tried to sell my shot guns
    But they were baikal / Russian and old ones at that but the birds were bothered if they were getting shot by a baikal or purdey I don't think

The local gun shop wasn't interested and I wasn't interested in selling online to strangers

Just find it odd

I've been 100% honest
    Held for 12 years no issues what so ever
    No criminal record

Due to answering stressed

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  11. PaulBB

PaulBB Posting Addict

Does seem to follow no logic at all. So much for being honest.

2506sendero and Seasicksteve74 like this.
  12. Seasicksteve74

Just be very careful answering that question that's all I can say

13. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Why were you renewing after 12 years ?

Is this that a current certificate that was revoked rather than a refusal to renew?

What did your doctor say about your stress.?

You absolutely retain title to your guns and have a right to get the police to sell them and if it’s just mild stress probably a right to a certificate.

2506sendero likes this.
  14. 2506sendero

This is just ridiculous TBH and you have 100% reason to submit an appeal, and with a high chance of success - may i ask if you ever considered this as an option?

Seasicksteve74 and r10hunter like this.
  15. 2506sendero

You beat me to it :cool:

r10hunter likes this.
  16. Seasicksteve74

I renewed twice upto 10 years
    2 years after that ...

In the small print of the certificate application
    It says you need to notify the police immediately if you suffer anxiety, stress etc...

With c19 around and threat of redundancy
    Had a couple of weeks off work

Immediately phoned the police and let then know ....
    They told me to take the guns in or sell them and post my licence in for review

2506sendero and r10hunter like this.
  17. Seasicksteve74

I will be re applying for my licence later in the year

I was just making ppl aware that if you have suffered anxiety or stress reaction you need to make the police aware and or at renewal if you do you may loose your licence

2506sendero and r10hunter like this.
  18. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

So your ticket has 3 years left on it this was not a renewal but because you informed them of your stress.

What was the outcome did you complete the review.?
    Once the doctor said you are of no danger it’s just stress due to Covid you should have had your ticket back although just moving up a category maybe.
    Did you get the doctors report and have the interview?

2506sendero likes this.
  19. Seasicksteve74

?
    No Dr's review
    Couldn't be arsed tbh and was not informed?

20. Seasicksteve74

Spoken to the firearms just before Xmas
    Told me that
    No time period for review
    Pay and submit a brand new application
    They will need the DR to support my application and write to them ?

Not sure if I can be bothered tbh...
    Really fecked me off ...

Love picking up ...and being on shoot
    Not a gun
    Happy to shoot odd pigeon and rat I think = no stress