1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

shot cartridges?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by automag, Aug 20, 2006.

1. automag

automag Member

Hello there, can ANYBODY cast some light on some items i have, they are just like a .22 rimfire case, but are copper coloured, and in .177. The base has a round hole in it of diameter .15. The case length overall is, .45. Inside there is a metal cup which has 6 lead shot. Then there is a wad, made of felt and paper.
    I have fired some from a worn and very tired Walther LP53, at a cardboard box, and its very noticeable that the metal cup has more penetrating power than the lead shot!
    Does anybody have any info on these, who made them? and when? and if they have any value?
    Obviously because of their length, they will only fit into break action, rifles and pistols, and then only those with a square breach. (wont fit B.S.A. Cadet
    or similar because of angled breach, you cant close the barrel)

2. abc

abc Active Member

3. automag

automag Member

4. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

.17 HMR lead shot? I omly suggest this because I saw some at Bob's Gun Shop on Friday. It is also made for .22 rimfire.

5. automag

automag Member

not hmr.

No,they are not .17 hmr either, i know this because i work in a gun shop part time, these are a real mystery, i have asked many customers that come into the shop, and they all agree, that they are probably ment for a airgun of some description, but who made them, and when, and for which particular gun is a mystery, and also for what use.
    Thanks for your suggetion though.

6. Hedger

Hedger Newbie

Any chance of a photo, a picture paints a thousand words (alledgedly)

Take care Pete