1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Shooting in the garden.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Miss DD, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Miss DD

Miss DD Member

Hi is it ok to shoot my airrifle in my back garden? Could i get into trouble doing this? My neighbour is a real nozy **** and dont want to get in bother replies please...

2. qacermacer

qacermacer Member

Yep it is, make sure you use a good strong backstop and don't let the pellets fly out of your boundries! If you're worried about it being too loud, consider investing in a silencer.
    Have fun!

3. john frum

john frum Engaging Member

Its your land and make sure that no lead goes beyond your boundaries, then they could complain.

4. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    legally its ok as long as the pellets stay within your boundary. i would, out of courtesy, inform your adjoining neighbours of your intention, just so they are kept in the picture, and to inform them that you are acting within the law ( this may save confusion on their part later ).
    did you say earlier that your gun is an s400 ? if it is, then i would recommend jsb exact pellets - best there is for that gun:up:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  5. Miss DD

Miss DD Member

Thats great will definately tell my neighbour i may be shooting it may stop him perving over the fence when im sunbathing:)

6. Binners

Binners http://kemptonclassicarmsfair.co.uk/

At one time there was a legal require requirement to further than 55 ft from the centre of the public highway, don't know if this is still the case...

7. guyver

guyver Busy Member

yeah it is still a requirment but the law gets a little fuzzy on it but wouldnt worry to much about that i shoot in my garden i have a very padded back stop so i keeps the noise down and i havent had any problems yet

8. Banshee

Banshee Engaging Member

The guys may warn you away from me as I get a little excited around women with guns :p but I'm harmless really lol
    Can I have a peep over your fence?

9. Banshee

Banshee Engaging Member

10. gotta go tactical

gotta go tactical Posting Addict

Sounds like theres a good strong chance you may well come away with a nostril full of JSB Exacts if you do...lol

11. gotta go tactical

gotta go tactical Posting Addict

As long as it is your property and not council/housing assoc./rented, etc then you have every right to shoot an air rifle in your back garden or on your land but, as said before, ensure all your pellets are kept within your boundaries when discharged as this can get you into some pretty hot water otherwise...The 55ft from the centre of a public highway states that it is against the law if you injure someone, give them reason to be worried, feel threatened or damage property within that boundary I believe...There are many debates and much confusion over this particular legislation as to how people understand it but, as Guyver said, as long as your sensible and considerate then this should never be an issue...Above all else enjoy your shooting...:up:

12. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

miss dd?
    me thinks its a pisstake

13. Banshee

Banshee Engaging Member

Hmmmm maybe....... don't burst my bubble though!!!
    It could be her initials

14. bradleymarky

bradleymarky Keyboard Hero

Dont say that, you may make gotta tactical xl cry....to tell you the truth i thought it was bunnyblatter :D

15. bradleymarky

bradleymarky Keyboard Hero

Diana Dors maybe ?

16. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

It's defo not me mark !!!
    we will have to get picture evidence to prove such a name is true :D

17. Evolve82

Evolve82 Big Poster

:up:

18. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Preferably sunbathing.....:)

19. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Ye but without her gun !!!

20. ithica -john

ithica -john Posting Addict

on a serious note..........:cool:

maybe advise the local cop shop in case anyone phones in..?

say you are doing a bit of scope centering..?