1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Shooting Games?!

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by YepYep, Feb 9, 2020.

1. YepYep

YepYep Engaging Member

Anyone of you guys play games?

We used to say TV games and PC games... Somehow right now we talk about mobile games... Inculdes the pads...

Actually I refer to PUBG and Call of Duty...

I tried PUBG on my cellphone before, however the screen is just too small and I can't even notice / see the guy shooting at me right in front of me...

And thanks to the boxing day sale, I bought a big screen iPad Pro... But then, looks I like Call of Duty Mobile more...

Anyone playing these games? And or other similar ones?

I tried Killzone on my PS3 before, however hard to get used to the joystick controller as I spent a long time on PC shooting games before which used keyboard and mouse ... However the touch screens looks a bit more adaptable...

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

2. pjgtech

pjgtech Better than a Poke in the . . . . . Ouch!

Yep, always been into my games, from Atari 2600, to ZX spectrum, Commodore 64, to NES and SNES, to Gameboy, to Game Cube, Master System, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, to PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, etc. Also did a lot of PC gaming, from the days when you had to edit to Config.sys file to get enough memory, to full on Flight sim and Racing game sim set-ups, (see pic). Used to build a new gaming pc every year or so, then really got into consoles, Mainly Playstation.
    Love my shooting games, Call of Duty, Battlefield, GTAV, still loving Red Dead Redemption2, also, etc.... :)
    New pc_cockpit.jpg

3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Long time member.

I play on a 49" Ultrawide Curved Screen via PC. Could not imagine playing on a phone.:eek:

My current 1st person combat games I like are Post Scriptum and Insurgency Sandstorm.

G8pnijeBserENho9TPwCWX.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

But I mainly do PC flight sims and race sims.

DCS and various Race sims like Assetto Corsa Comp.

NTTR.jpg

timthumb.jpg

dancza likes this.
  4. Wing Commander

Wing Commander Posting Addict

Nope, I have never played a PC game in my life.

I do, however, play real-life shooting games. These usually involve racing someone with some plinking targets at 35 yards.
    Shooting playing cards and matches in half, plus shooting some tiny plaster targets which spectacularly turn to dust when hit. . . . All good fun. :up:

5. dancza

dancza Donator

I've been playing the new Call of Duty but it has become an infuriating process. I seem to join the game and then get killed within about 5 seconds, then you spawn back in and it starts you only 20 feet away from the guy who just killed you and surprise surprise he kills me again. Then there's also a few guns that can spray you down from across the map with no recoil at all.

Killing Floor 2 is more my jam.. Call of Duty Zombies is fun but it's no match for KF2.

The biggest gaming craving I've had lately though is to source an old N64 and play Ocarina of Time again. Best damn game ever made.

Morris147, Rm29 and ibo7 like this.
  6. Wild Bill

I'm old school PC gaming. Ever since the first PC's came out. before that c64's, spectrums, Amiga's and Atari ST's. But since 1990 it's been PC gaming. I also build my own performance PC's.

7. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

Currently having a dabble with Sniper Elite 4.....hasn’t done my real life shooting any good mind :D

ibo7 likes this.
  8. ibo7

ibo7 Keyboard Hero

Ocarina of Time....now there's a classic! You'd have to play Goldeneye too, that was my reason for getting the N64:thumb:

Vulcanfreak and dancza like this.
  9. ibo7

ibo7 Keyboard Hero

Call of Duty(latest one) and Battlefield 5 for me, not many shooters can come close to these

10. dancza

dancza Donator

You've got me thinking now mate.. I remember being 8 and watching the older brothers play Goldeneye and OoT. F Zero X was immense as well!

I need to treat myself to a Switch and try Breath of the Wild.. apparently that's an amazing game. :thumb:

ibo7 likes this.
  11. YepYep

YepYep Engaging Member

I am just waiting the PS5 comes out, so that I can get a PS4 Pro at very good price and start my GTA-V again as that's too time consuming and so hard to get some game time in the front of the big TV screen.... That's why I only doing mobile games now as it starts quick and you get drop it down at whenever you need...

12. pjgtech

GTAV, one of my all time fave games, still play it now and completed the single player missions, etc three times, once on the PS3, then again on the PS4 and again on the XBox 360..... Possibly my fave shooting game of all time was COD modern Warfare, absolute classic and great game play and maps.... :)

13. Just Dave

Just Dave Well-Known Member

I like DayZ (PC), Just waiting for an update to fix a few issues but it's heavy on shooting and survival in zombie apocalypse.

Arma3 is also a go-to game.

I am trying to stay way from shooting games tho. In terms of gameplay... they're literally all the same, shooting games haven't really changed and never will so I've branched out as much as I can, simply not playing games with any guns and it's great so far. Feels more like gaming, more than ever. The best games in all of history are not shooting games.

14. Akita177

Akita177 Sharpen the pikes

It will be alot more blurry then you remember even on a small CRT tv. If you want to play ocarina of time again play it on the Nintendo 3DS handheld:thumb:

I've still got the cartridge and a N64 with RGB cables, playing it on the 3DS is the way to do it , majoras mask aswell.

dancza likes this.
  15. Wild Bill

Of course now that it's out on PC...............How could I not?

2019-11-01-image-7.jpg

dims.jpg

16. pjgtech

Yep RDR2 is a great game, better than the 1st one, so much to see and do...... :thumb:
    Have you explored the whole map? it takes a while....

17. Wild Bill

Nope. My son bought it me for xmas and I have hardly played it. I need to find the time. It is impressive.:up:

18. Rm29

Rm29 Currently obsessed with silencers

Duck hunt anyone?

I play pc games, ps3 (still want a 4)...

I have always played sandbox games.. I was a alpha and beta tester on star wars galaxies and played right through till it ended 11years on live.... (love that game still do..)

Now I mainly play Swtor online since its inception in 2009 possibly...

Played all the solid snake games since the atari version... And RDR

ibo7 likes this.
  19. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Lagerfanny

I have tried current video games but I cannot be bothered with them, they’re more tedious than they are fun.

I grew up in the golden age of arcades, 8 and 16 bit machines. Good games never age and it’s all about the playability.

I love making arcade machines here are some of what I have made.

5F4C5016-3310-42E8-A730-B3515AE68CD0.jpeg 9E969C1D-DF38-4BDA-AD13-BA8B83740305.jpeg 150B98D0-48F1-425C-9D82-177DC1A1BAA8.jpeg

This Christmas I got a Raspberry Pi with an emulator. It has most machines from the late 70s to the mid 90s and it’s in a case that looks like a MegaDrive. Sexy.

49B29EEE-7BE0-4BA2-9337-329B9B3A935C.jpeg

Morris147 and Rm29 like this.
  20. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Lagerfanny

I still play my Sega Game Gear I had when I was 12.

But now I’ve grown up and have an income I can buy all the games there are!!! I’ve currently got about a third of all UK releases but still only play my favourites so a bit of a waste of money and a bit stupid really.

F530493B-6266-408C-A8D4-389974098D11.jpeg

dancza, Morris147 and YepYep like this.