1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Shooting Around Telford?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Redrum, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

Hello everyone, just a quick thread to ask for abit of advice. I've had my Hw95k a few weeks now and have been enjoying plinking in the garden when the weathers been nice (not this week :facepalm:) but I'm eager to test myself on some targets at a longer range.

Any ranges/clubs you'd recommend that aren't a million miles away? I've been googling and havent seen anything in Telford. I do drive so wouldn't mind travelling a reasonable distance (I think I've seen one in Penkridge which isn't too far). Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

2. thumbhole

thumbhole Post Whore

Either Penkridge or you can come over to us www.kinver-arc.co.uk quite a few lads come from Telford every week. :thumb:

Mike.lewis, Taz72 and Redrum like this.
  3. Josh K

Josh K Engaging Member

Furnace Mill is less than an hour away.

Redrum likes this.
  4. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    Agree, been going there for just over 9 years now. Nice place for some plinking or a go on the HFT course etc.

Redrum likes this.
  5. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

That's a couple I wasn't aware of chaps, I've checked both sites out and they both look really good with Kinver just being that bit closer for me. I might pop down Sunday morning if the weathers alright for it or if the missus hasnt roped me in for any jobs :D

6. Josh K

Josh K Engaging Member

I only started going there when I got back into shooting earlier this year. It's the closest to me in Hereford at 55 minutes but I like the fact it is open 7 days a week so I can go during the week when my shifts allow as it's a bit quieter.

audi swift and Redrum like this.
  7. Pixels

Pixels Well-Known Member

Jukebox, Emmagoldy and Redrum like this.
  8. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

Another two I didn't know of Pixels, both half an hour away which isn't too bad at all. I'm glad I've asked chaps, thanks for the suggestions

9. Pixels

Pixels Well-Known Member

:thumb:

Millride is open most days, Aldersley is hit and miss I find with opening times, best to call them to find out. My shooting buddies and I usually go there on a Friday evening but I think they open on other weekday evenings.

Redrum likes this.
  10. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

Thanks for the info. I'll probably be looking at weekends only due to lack of free time during the week, though I understand they'll probably be at their busiest then

11. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Post Whore

Kinver arc is only 19 miles 30 minutes from Telford and you will be most welcome there. If you do go be aware at a nasty ,blindspot junction a couple of hundred yards past the 'Cat' pub in Enville. You are taking a fork to the right but it is straight ahead as the main road does a sharp left bend at the apex of the junction. Visibility is restricted due to the hedgerow.
    Pete.

thumbhole and Redrum like this.
  12. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

Thank you for the advice Pete, Kinvers looking like the one I'm edging towards. It looks great in some of the pictures on their website thumbhole linked earlier on

13. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Post Whore

Shooting is from 09.00 - 13.00 on Sunday mornings. Park in the field on your right, which is shared with the clay pigeon club then walk across the lane and up to the small wood that you can see opposite the car park.
    Pete.

Redrum likes this.
  14. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

Thanks Pete. What would you recommend I take? I'm thinking the gun, pellets, resting bag and some money. Should I bring some paper targets or is there anything else obvious I'm forgetting?

15. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Post Whore

You won't need the targets as there are plenty to shoot. A flask and a bun if you need refreshing. There is a cafe on site at the clay pigeon club but it's a bit of a walk from the hft site.
    Tell Marc ( he runs it ) that " The Hat " sent you. !

Pete.

Redrum likes this.
  16. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

17. thumbhole

thumbhole Post Whore

Bring yourself, if you forget anything got most things to lend you. If you have a pellet firing pistol, we also have a hat course I mean HFT course just for pistols Pete provides the HATs :laff: When you meet him you will understand. If you need any help or advice just ask members are very helpful. See you Sunday Marc. :thumb:

Redrum and flatrajectory like this.
  18. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Post Whore

This is what Marc means .....

IMG_20180417_190911.jpg

Redrum and thumbhole like this.
  19. thumbhole

thumbhole Post Whore

Good grief, don't frighten him away Pete, even your pooch looks terrified. :laff:

Redrum and flatrajectory like this.
  20. Redrum

Redrum Active Member

:laff:

If I wasnt sold on coming down Sunday before seeing that picture I definitely am now! Be careful there isn't a sudden influx of newcomers after showing that hat off!