1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping/ posting of air rifles

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by caddyman, Sep 15, 2014.

1. caddyman

caddyman Engaging Member

Hi, may have to sell one of my rifles to fund another project, question is can I post it?, I would like the buyer to collect but if they are not able......

cheers
    chris

2. sej016

sej016 Donator

It can be done, quite legally. It's not a commercial/RFD sale.

Alternatively, you can get the buyer to arrange collection and delivery by their own courier, who will pick it up.

Parcelforce will take it, but apparently they will cover for only £100 insurance value if lost/damaged.

Some carriers will not take air rifles.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  3. Johnniepk

Johnniepk Member

Taken from parcelforce 48 web site

Arms and Ammunition

Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office® only (not via any other channel e.g.www.parcelforce.com, call-centre, reseller or Parcelforce Worldwide depot).
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).
    Note: Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.

- See more at: http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...bitions-and-restrictions#sthash.2odqufpL.dpuf

4. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

The question of posting comes up every 10 days or so.
    If you type 'Posting air rifle' into the search box you will get most of the threads.
    But to keep it short - small items by Royal Mail (go onto their website to see the limit in parcel size and weight).
    Large items that exceed the Royal Mail limits, send by ParcelForce48. The maximum insurance is £100, so if you are posting a £300 item, good luck if it arrives damaged and you have to make a claim.
    Very expensive items should be face to face or via a RFD to RFD (find a Registered Firearms Dealer local to you and to your customer) and make arrangements for your RFD to take the package off your hands and send insured through his special arrangements to the customers RFD.
    RFD's can be found by Googling 'Registered Firearms Dealers -enter your county'. These guys make a charge, assume £25 at each end + carriage.
    No other courier companies will knowingly deliver an air rifle for a domestic/retail non account customer. However some people have mentioned a company called AWExpress.
    Good luck and keep us informed how you get on.
    Dave

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  5. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Just let you know I bought a gun last week and after a load of enquiries we decided to do it through RFD and its £25 each end.

I wanted to do this because the gun is a Rapid and thought by doing it through RFD I could get the complete gun.

But NO!

This lad up in Aberdeen drove 30 miles or so to his nearest gunshop, and the RFD wouldn't even let him send it with the bottle, so Im getting a gun with no bottle now, paying £25 extra my end and I will need a bottle, looked at new ones £95 now probably due to postage reasons.

This poor lad who is sending me this gun had a brand new MFR bottle confiscated not long ago send to Ireland with a mint block and the bottle was destroyed, it took him 6 weeks to get his action back after a fight for it, so he won't risk it again.

And to be fair I don't blame him, he was telling me it all boils down to the shops insurance and or the courier they use, some couriers have strict policies even with RFDs and wont send any precharged airgun now due to the fact they may need to be flown at some point in their transit to destination.

6. trumpetier

trumpetier Major Poster

posting a gun these days is just to much chew, with the risk in volved and expense is just not worth it IMO i would now only do face to face deals

7. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

It would be a brave man who sends anything rifle or gun shaped by RMSD.Why pay for their next day premium service,when their is a very good chance,the x-ray machine operater will send it to Belfast,and you will have a 5-6 week wait to get it back....happened to me.PF48 and wrapped very well so it survives the drop test:D...Or RFD to RFD is your choices.Sent about 15 rifles by PF48,actually one is in their posession this minute.Never had one problem.

8. TomJ

TomJ Active Member

Yeah I agree with the above posts....I'd ask for extra cash and do the delivery yourself (unless you are in Cornwall and they are in Inverness!). Worked once before when I sold an expensive camera but it was a pain having to drive to drop it off. I asked for a deposit in advance in case I turned up and he wasn't there!

Either way it's a ball ache. A private courier may do it (my mate did a few delivery jobs in his van) but you take risks with that too.

9. Big Uli

Big Uli Donator

Daystate use TNT
    May be worth approaching a courier to find out what their rules are
    I sold and bought a few guns over the years and I doubt my local RFD would appreciate me send and receiving guns via the shop

Though I have to say I bought all guns but one f2f
    After the rapid disaster, bought from a shop, I would never ever buy anything unless I can shoot it first, the seller has a impeccable reputation, or is vouched for by someone trusted

10. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

TNT only deliver for account holders,and opening an account is a bit of a carry on.I know an air rifle tuner who was messed about with them not turning up for appointments,when he wanted to open an account...gave him the impression they were not in a hurry to get his buisness...

11. sej016

sej016 Donator

Makes me wonder. All the manufacturers and importers have to distribute their goods around the country somehow.

Do they all use their own transport ?

12. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

A while ago they used to use parcel force,but my RFD told me they stopped carrying shotguns,so mostly TNT & DHL...they are all account holders obviously..