1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

SHE'S NO CHARMER!!! - Snow peak B3

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by theobencarbine88, Feb 28, 2012.

1. theobencarbine88

theobencarbine88 Posting Addict

just got given this rifle by my mums bloke... Its got 'Snow peak' written on it but it looks to be a copy of an SMK B3 underlever? - The horrible varnish is pealing off which is actually good cuz its coming off anyway. The stock is fairly nice underneath...no filler i can see and its got a monte carlo cheek piece / rubber but pad. It's .22 and by the looks of it sumone being firing darts in it as the transfer port is full of red feather stuff lol. Bit of a bummer i just bought a project rifle on here as i got this one for free now.. oh well. Came with a little 4x20 or 15 scope & a gun slip as well. I'm going to strip it down and clean up everything see how nice i can get it... I quite like it and have a feeling it could be made into a good gun with some TLC. Cocks/fires ok but its pretty rough.

DSCF5000.jpg DSCF5001.jpg DSCF5002.jpg DSCF5006.jpg DSCF5008.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

Well your half way there with the stock refinish! Enjoy the project.

John

3. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

Looks very much like the db4 same stock at least

4. Gizza22196

Gizza22196 Guest

dont forget the caramel.... i mean lacquer

5. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned BANNED

Good project there.

6. theobencarbine88

Just taken the stock off & got the action out ... aint got a clue how to get it apart though. there is only 1 screw i can see in front of trigger. Going to have a go at taking it apart tommorow after work..will possibly make a thread with pics if i need any advice, pretty sure i'm going to need some help as i've not done anything like this in a rifle. Need to relube the spring, clean/oil transfer port & probably whatever else is in there (I have some VP90 napier gun grease is that going to be any good for the spring and stuff?)

7. Ashley92

Ashley92 Well-Known Member

nice little project right there, be sure to keep us updated!

8. theobencarbine88

I managed to take the action apart - but only the underlever cocking mechanism, the only way into the spring seems to be a plastic bung at the back which i cant get out. I put everything back together but it wont cock properly, its like the underlever joint keeps bending up and not staying level so it grips on the spring part unless i hold it down. It does the same weather the action is in the stock or not.. Dont understand what i need to do, it's like the joint needs to be stiffer so it doesnt bend up. Has anyone out there have any experience of stripping down SMK Db4 or any of there other cheap underlever rifles?.. I'm sure this rifle is the same but just a different name to SMK.

My first attempt at taking a gun action apart so i wasnt expecting it to be smooth sailing :rolleyes:

9. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

10. theobencarbine88

thanks for the link laurence some useful info there i downloaded it. My Snow peak B3-2 (what i think the rifle is) is different to the SMK B4 in quite a few ways it seems. I may not take out the spring & internals of action as i dont have the tools or knowledge to do the job properly by the sounds of things... Just going to try to get the gun cocking again, Clean/oil up whatever i can from externally. Glad i had a go but its to complicated for me lol.. I can refinish rifles a bit but tuning i need help with. I worry i going to do more harm than good!

11. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

12. theobencarbine88

ok really should be going sleep, early start but i'm up playing around with this snow peak thing, turns out i re-assembled it correctly but having the stock screws in tightly actually blocks the underlever LOL ... on closer inspection the underlever is slightly bent so that is the problem. . this thing is such a rough dog inside, the seal that goes onto the pellet hole is i think resin.. or maybe wax or sumin it looks awful. All the worse its caked in those little feather dart ends fibres,,, cleaned it ok but its not ideal. At least the gun is working again now :p - And yeah, reading the B3 guide i'm pretty sure this thing is some variant of the B3

13. theobencarbine88

Spent about 3 hours on the stock last night, had to custom re-carve the grip base as it was stuck on with filler!, Stock is now fully sanded down and has its first coat of danish oil.... I wont post any spoiler pics of it yet as tempted as i am ;).. l've cleaned down and oiled the Action including the internals as best i could - The power has gone up a chunk, smoother to cock/fire & a fair bit of the surface rust has gone. In a couple of days when the stock has taken a few more coats i will put all back together & show the results.

14. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

Did you dismantle and get the internals out in the end?

15. theobencarbine88

No i decided against it, mainly as i do not have a compressor to remove spring and have no idea what im doing in there so didnt risk it. All i have done is lube the spring from what i can see of it & now every shot i take its getting more powerful, despite its probably dieseling to much. When i first got the gun i shot it at a piece of 2x4 plank at a few yards and the pellet only dented the wood, now it is imbedding fairly deeply. It's nowhere near full power but i've done my best. I've also cleaned the barrell, the sliding port part & oiled up the synthetic seal which has made a noticeable improvement. Thinking maybe replacing the seal with like a rubber washer or sumin as the thing thats in there at the moment simply looks ****** lol

16. brettguise

brettguise Busy Member

I'd strip it mate you won't need a compressor for it just push it against a wall. Tap the pin out get the end cap out degrease it all polish it with wet and dry and grease it with moly grease and it should shoot a lot better. Look at a new spring to bring it back to near full power but you need a chrono first to see what your dealing with. How have you greased the spring from what you can see? If you have put oil on it the increase in power will be dieseling of the oil you need to get that out.

17. theobencarbine88

Ok so i can just push it against a wall hard.. i was thinking sumin along those lines but everything i read seems to suggest that taking a rifle spring out is a bit dodgy. Another thing i worry is getting it back in, how hard is it going to be to compress ???

I've just put some Napier Gun grease onto the spring from the underside of the action (its visible in a few places) & worked it back & forth with the cocking arm to spread itself along the spring. I will have a go at taking the spring out tommorow as its still pretty rough sounding. To be honest whole internals of gun are in bad way, when i oiled up the sliding breech load of brown gunky rusty stuff came out... Think its been sitting in a damp place for years or sumin & any form of lubrication on the guts of the rifle (even my novice attempts) has been positive.

18. theobencarbine88

Ahhh got to put some pics of it up.. I am pretty happy with how the stock turned out in the end. Note the base of the wrist has been carved smooth due to some interesting chinese filler work i had to get rid of - There is other bits of filler i had to work around but the graining/colour thats come out is definately better than the turd varnish!

DSCF5049.jpg DSCF5048.jpg DSCF5047.jpg DSCF5045.jpg DSCF5039.jpg DSCF5038.jpg DSCF5040.jpg DSCF5042.jpg Compared to this: DSCF5001.jpg DSCF5000.jpg

Now shes a charmer :D

foxtrott likes this.
  19. ferplexed

ferplexed Posting Addict

Have fun tinkering. Can't do much more to that rifle to make it any worse looking. Lmao! ;)

20. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

Looks pretty good now!

John