1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

SGC Form question

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by calum10203, Apr 29, 2012.

1. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

Hi I have filled out my SGC Application form but for the counter signature I was going to ask my ex step dad, He hasn't lived me for a very long time but I still talk to him now and then, He was a pharmacist and I'm not sure if he still is one but would he be suitable to sign the application?
    Thanks

2. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

nope no good if checked as hes a direct relation. To be honest not sure pharmasist counts but no real harm in trying. I dont think they really check the counter sigs

3. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Your Doctor would be better..

4. Oryctolagus

Oryctolagus Post Whore

I thought your doctor couldn't countersign?
    And for me they sent a letter to gp to get health cleared and called up my referee twice. So if you think they don't check your wrong.

5. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

Hmm I cant really think of who else to countersign it, Any ideas? I didnt think it would matter about the relation as he and my mum divorced along time ago.

6. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

How about one of my current school teachers? Don't want them to ring up and he says I'm not well behaved haha.

7. Oryctolagus

Oryctolagus Post Whore

Your friends parents? Neighbors, etc. I'm sure teachers would be fine so long as your happy with your teacher knowing you have a shotgun. Some people get funny about these matters.

8. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Don't get too hung up on the counter signatures job, as long as they have a responsible position you'll be fine, the list is there, but the Police accept that some people may not know someone on the said list.

A teacher is a great choice, any of your friends parents who have known you long enough and have a job that requires them to be culpable IE Nurses, Company directors, post office clerks, life guards, scout/guides/cadet leaders etc

9. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

How about my friends grandad, He is a farmer and holds a SGC or is this not okay?

10. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

I also shoot on his land

11. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

My teachers refused to sign it and just took it as a joke with the usual "I wouldn't trust you with a weapon" (Not that I'm dangerous or anything they're just not taking it seriously haha)

12. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Take it to your Doctors like I said previously.

13. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

As you keep saying.......but many Dr's in my experience will not sign, as they, according to the criteria, need to have known you personally for the specified time, plus they'll charge the poor young lad £30 odd quid, you will know someone who can sign it.

A farmer is perfect, try that, or ask your teacher again, seriously.

You must have someone, a freinds parents?

Barcelona, the integral point is that A Doctor can sign your application, not your Doctor, Calum, have a ring round and see what your mates parents do for a living.

Bear in mind the shotgun application law is antique, for a FAC these signatures don't have to be 'someone special', the police are more relaxed about it now.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  14. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

Okay thanks for the replies, Turns out my friends grandad didn't want to sign it and told me to go to my doctor but I don't even know who my doctor is, I just see whoevers there so not much luck and I don't have money to spend getting it signed, I will ask a friendly teacher seriously tomorrow and see what I get as their reply. If not I know a manager of an engineering company that may sign. Thanks again,
    Calum

15. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

Do you now any people that own their own companies? A managing Director is always a safe bet.

16. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

Yeah, It is his own engineering business, He is one of the three managers so I think it should be alright, Only problem is...It's my ex's dad...talk about awkward :eek:

17. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

Do you still get on with him? Would he be willing to vouch for you?

18. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

Yeah, We always got on I'll have to ask him

19. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

Just sent him a message...This will be interesting :rolleyes:

20. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

Also where it says for the counter signer to write "I certify that this is a current true likeness of [Insert name]" is that the name of the person who's counter signing or do they write my name? Sorry for the Noob question, It got me confused and thought id make sure.