1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Severe disappointment

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by sirok, Feb 10, 2008.

1. sirok

sirok Guest

:mad: So I got up at 6am, ready to go at 7am, it had been charging for 14 hours as the manual instructed, entered programming mode and set it to the highest power, loaded up 10 Daystate FT pellets which had difficulty clearing the 12 metres...I had set up a target approximately 50 metres away, after four magazines..40 pellets later no improvement, having checked and rechecked the power settings.

then my brand new Daystate Airwolf started leaking air from where you load the pellets, at the breach....and didn't stop until 1 hour later when it was 0 bar. I connected it to the scuba tank but the quick fill adapter that came with my Daystate was also leaking air...no SEAL whatsoever...

SEVERLEY DISAPPOINTED:mad:

So after travelling over 500 miles this weekend my only option left is to return next weekend.

what do you guys think my options are?? Ask for a new Airwolf altogether? It will take well over 6 weeks to get this one repaired.

So whoever said it, I have lived to regret my choice of rifle - EUR 1,849 for a rifle that had no power, as opposed to the 40ft/lbs it should have and then leaked out.:( :mad: :eek:

2. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

Bad luck!
    Tell them to change it for another one. Also tell them to check it over first because if it don't work you will want your money back + travel cost's.

3. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

well i tried to tell you nothing but bother them daystates get your money back and get a rapid good luck

4. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Or a good old, reliable AA S410, Sorry to here you have had a bad product:(

5. Buzz

Buzz Banned

It's just too easy to get drawn in to all this technology and the thought that if it costs more it's better. That doesn't mean it's excusable for it not to work when you get it, it just makes it more likely to go wrong.
    That's why for years I've stuck to springers, not wanting the added complication of PCP's, but I have to say that now I've gone for an AA S410, I wish I'd done it a while ago.
    I'd be on the phone at the ealiest possible moment, giving them the chance to do the right thing, but if they didn't I'd be chewing their b@lls. I believe that a good company isn't one that never gets it wrong, it's how they handle the problem once they've got one. Keep us informed and "good luck" !!

6. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

The whole idea of having electrics in a gun would put me off, like you said it's just more to go wrong. I'd much rather have a simple, reliable, inexpensive springer any day.

7. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Make sure the adaptor is tight on the hose from the cylinder, and also push it hard when connecting to the gun.
    Mine is hard to connect and sometimes leaks air if i have not snapped it on correctly.
    Seems odd that you have 2 leaks, maybe some crap got blown in.
    I always keep my adapter end covered with a plastic bag to stop it getting grit and dust inside, plus i always give a quick blast before connecting to the gun just to make sure no crap got inside.

8. sirok

sirok Guest

I called the shop this morning and they have no problems in replacing my Daystate Airwolf with a new one. It had nothing to do with this shop as I arrived 1 hour after they had been received direct from Daystate and everything was boxed and packaged. I give Daystate a big thumbs down:down: for quality control, at the price they charge everything should work perfectly, doesn't say much for the company that invented PCP air rifles and claim to lead the way.

I'm just terribly upset with Daystate. I had one question though when I was shooting the 30 odd pellets at a 10m target before it leaked out on me I couldn't zero the scope, the gunsmith in Holland had tried the mounts below but the Bushnell scope (6-18*50) didn't fit so he had to use high mounts.

So in my view there are only two things to do (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION)

1) shim the scope mounts to adjust elevation, sth I will not do and funnily enough the scope came with a guide on how to do this...?!??
    2) change the scope as it doesn't fit the rifle

Input on this predicament would be dearly appreciated...I really haven't been lucky:rolleyes:

9. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

look at big target rifles they all use mechanical triggers i dont see many FT rifles with elctric trigger's

10. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

another problem as you say zeroing its a disgrace you have to shim a scop[e out on a new gun its happened to me with every daystate i have had. i phoned daystate to tell them and considered to them to build the breech scope rail at a very slight angle to overcome this problem obviously they no best i will vote with my cash and never buy another daysttate

11. sirok

sirok Guest

Hi Buzz,
    The primary reason I wanted the airwolf is you can adjust it from maximum power 40ft/lbs downwards to 15 different power settings.
    You can also dry shoot the rifle without any fear of causing any mechanical harm, a very small thing but still a plus to consider.
    also as a result of the electronic controlled firing mechanism, the lock time was virtually zero - another main reason I bought it.

you are certainly right in saying that the most expensive is not necessarily the best, whether we talk of airguns or other products and believe me when I say that I don't buy into brand names nor any of that lark. I do however believe that top range products give better quality over low range prices products. (how ironic is that in my case :D )

I'll keep you up to date on what happens;)

12. sirok

sirok Guest

Hey Andy,

1st leak was at the breach of the gun
    2nd was in the middle of the quick fill adapter I got with it, don't know what yours looks like but mine had a washer in the middle with a black padding, presumably to create a seal...but it was exactly at this point, right in the middle that it was leaking air when I opened the valve on the scuba tank. No leak at all on the connection to the rifle just the other end attached to the tank.

oh and Topcat, can't agree more with you mate, its a sad day indeed when you gotta buy specific mounts for a gun and the company selling doesn't listen to the customer about altering their rail. (too late for me, but it will be the first and last Daystate I own and at 28 I'm bound to spend quite a lot on airgunning before the final curtain call!)

13. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I wasn't criticising, most of the time I agree with you entirely and I usually do the same. In my other hobbies/sports I buy good quality gear...Berettas in shotguns...top line radio equipment for my model helicopters and planes. Usually it's "buy cheap...buy twice" and the one thing I can't stand is wasting money by doing just that. If you have good reasons for buying what ever you get then that's fine..it's just that many will go for the most expensive with bells and whistles they will never even understand, let alone ever use.
    Someone else may be able to throw more light on this than me, but if my memory serves me right, you intend to bring this gun into the UK at some point and if it's capable of being just "set" to power levels above 12 ft/lbs I believe you will require a FAC before you can bring it in, so it may well have to linger a while in Luxeburg while you set that up here.

14. sirok

sirok Guest

well you summed up nicely what I wanted to say from the start, I tend to ramble a bit:D

Don't mind leaving it behind until I get an FAC and if I'm unsuccessful with getting that, then I guess I'll be getting an Air Arms in .177;)

15. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Now you're talking my sort of language !!! LOL

16. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Buying cheap doesn't always mean buying twice, a good BSA will last you forever. However I'm aware that these aren't in the same league as Daystate PCP's.

I'd never spend more than about £500 on an airgun, I don't see the point :confused:

17. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

My X2 is in the factory right now... for the second time in a few months.

I am disappointed about it, but I know that it's a rare occasion for them to fail.

Since buying mine I've spoke to many people who own Daystates and have not had any problems with them.

I've heard plenty of bad things about them, but no more than any other rifle.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  18. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

chiz it isnt rare for them to let you down every daystate i have had was nothing but bother regulator probs .leaking probs .scope mounting probs .innacurracy probs consistency over a charge probs .electrics big probs these have happened to me with the daystaes i have ownd the biggest prob is there arrogance you send a gun back for repair they say its fixed and it aint fixed no more daystates for me

19. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Before i got into pcp's i had always been put of by the amount of posts on other forums about Theoben Rapids leaking and the costs to send them back for repair.:down:
    Not to mention the price theoben wanted for silly things such as screws.
    No manufacturer is perfect all guns will leak at some point due to the high pressures involved.

20. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

we are not just talking leaks what about the other problems the daystates are riddled with .you are right about theoben but things changed when ben the buisness man left the aftersales are much better and the quality of the guns leaving the factory are a lot better than daystates thats why i went back to theobens