1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Semi Automatic Air Rifle

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Gunfun, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Gunfun

Gunfun Engaging Member

Are semi auto air rifles available to FAC holders in the UK, as its deemed suitable for .22 lr rimfire and air rifles have less power.
    It would give UK manufactures lots of new sales right when its needed.
    I know FX do a semi auto and think Daystate do one for export.
    I would certainly get my FAC for this.
    Any ideas ?

2. Mike0423

Mike0423 Member

No they are not legal in the UK, Steyr do a nice five shot semi, crazy I know but there we that's the UK gun law, we can own .22 semi-auto firearms but not air rifles.

3. poorshot

poorshot Engaging Member

Its crazy. The nearest you could get would be something like the Evanix AR6 revolver action in FAC.

4. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Well what do you expect, when we have people who know sweet F/A about shooting making UK gun law?:(

evenbad and mmamonster like this.
  5. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

Semi auto sub 12 air rifles are legal in the uk, I'm not sure about the law regarding FAC though?

mmamonster likes this.
  6. evenbad

evenbad Evenbad

This has been debated so many times with so many opinions and no clarification if they are legal or not. apparently There is a gentleman's agreement that British gun manufacturers will not produce a multishot air rifle, they are going to sit on their laurels while Evanix, FX etc. make semi auto, s. I for one would buy a semi if it was legal and stuff the gentlemans agreement up their a,,,,e. surely we should be given the option and would love to buy British semi to support our own air rifle industry! ok rant over!

7. Tinbum

Fair point, its more accurate to say that they are not prohibited in law. Yet!

There are several true semi auto pistols and rifles available in the uk. Some are actually quite good!

8. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

I remember a Crossman B B gun that could fire 3 B Bs at once,quite why I dont know :)

9. Tinbum

That was the Crosman 2100 "Triplestrike"! It was unique in that it could miss three targets simultaneously!

RED DOG, gedfinn, Alanw and 3 others like this.
  10. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

Where can i get one ?

11. Tinbum

Gunshop? Private seller? Wherever you like really......

The Crosman 600's come up regularly on the net. Great, full power pistols. The Drulov pistol and rifle are phenomenally accurate, and I still have them on my bucket list. The beretta and Crosman noghtstalker affairs are fun, of not all that accurate, and you can buy the FX rifles from Europe and legally bring them back as long as they're sub 12ft/lb.

mmamonster likes this.
  12. micken

micken Engaging Member

I use a Drulov DU10 in 10m rapid fire comps, great pistol when set up properly. When not it can be like the triplestrike :D

13. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

I think it all revolves around what this sentence means in the 1988 prohibited weapons amendment to the firearms act.
    In the list of prohibited firearms.

"(ab)any self-loading or pump-action rifle other than one which is chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges;"

My guess would be.

It says "Rifle" so pistols and smooth bore weapons could not be prohibited weapons because of being semi auto or pump.?

It does not say excluding air rifles so I would say semi auto and pump action air rifles were prohibited.?

( does "rifle" mean any rifle or just one that burns powder)???

Until it's decided in court we won't know, But if someone gave me a semi auto or pump action air rifle free I would not take it.
    Cheers Andy

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  14. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

One of my skan's is a pump action, 98 shot mag. When you pump it , it cycles the pellet.

15. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

When I got my Skan Swift - there was issues - As front Action Pump - you need to move front Block to load a pellet

So deemed not auto - as needs manualy Action to load a pellet

As stated No deemed legal - but aware that UK Government would possible take Action against importer of a Full Auto
    Air Gun - with a Rifled Barrel or considerable Power

I can get 10 Rapid / Accurate Shots off with a Phoenix Mark Two in around 4 Seconds @ Steel plates @ 30 Metres

BOB/R

16. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

there is other airguns about but its pointless having automatic as they are illegal .

17. AZbobcat

AZbobcat Member

When I tell my friends people in England have laws regulating airguns they can't believe it, I hope we keep fighting for our freedom and rights or the liberals will have us shooting sub 12...no we will have another revolution that will never happen. Why dont you guys fight your Government to get your laws changed instead of sitting back and taking there crap. My 6 year old has a prod shooting 20fpe. And he wants more power.

evenbad and AllanM like this.
  18. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Fight them??? What with??? They have systematically disarmed the civilian population over many decades, using one knee jerk law after another. It started just after WW1 when our troops were returning from the fronts various, and the government was s******g themselves that the troops and the working classes might follow the example of the Bolsheviks. They were practically snatching the rifles out of the soldiers hands as they reached the bottom of the gangplank and or stepped off the train. Since that time, Governments of all colours have fostered and promoted firearms fear and paranoia within the population of the UK, all of it designed to protect their own slimey fat arses, and maintain the status quo.

But to get to your point, you can own any air rifle you like except full autos without a licence as long as that rifle is below 12fpe. You can own any air pistol you like except full autos without any licence at all, as long as it's below 6fpe.

For any air rifle that is above 12fpe one would need an FAC (Fire Arms Certificate). Any pistol over 6fpe is a forbidden weapon and as such you are not allowed to own one except by special Home Office dispensation, (say for use as a humane killer by a Vet). Like a Vet is going to have an air pistol of say even 30fpe (if such a thing was viable) as a humane killer? I'm afraid that successive legislation by various meddling do gooder dick heads has resulted in a mess of pottage that is neither logical or sensible. But then, logic and sensible very rarely figure in paranoid or fearful thinking.

I could go on and on about the mess that is our firearms law, but as you don't have to abide by them it would only be of academic interest to you, and would bore the pants off all of us over here on this forum.

It aint all bad news though, I think that most if not all of my fellow forum members would agree, that Certificated firearms ownership is the right way to go, I don't think any of us would want the kind of free for all that exists in some parts of your country, we have all watched the debacle of open carry numpties demanding that they be allowed to exercise their right to sit in a restaurant nursing their favourite assault rifle. I can tell you with utmost confidence that none of us here that can claim to have at least one working brain cell would want that in Britain.

Personally, and ok, it's just my opinion, before the ban on handguns was introduced over here, we had things about right. If we had a choice right now, I would like to see the right to own a hand gun re-instated, I would like to see a power increase on all air weapons, say pistols up to 10 fpe, and rifles say up to 25 fpe without needing a Firearms Certificate. As to the rest, I would have to say that I think it's pretty much acceptable, but I would probably be more happy with FAC applicants undergoing a bit more in depth psychological screening than they do at present. I am probably going to get an ear bashing from some on here for saying that, but ho-hum, I got a fairly thick skin:D

RED DOG and evenbad like this.
  19. Bullwhip

Bullwhip Engaging Member

Back to the thread then.....

What would be your intent using a semi auto air rifle?
    Hunting, plinking or target?

Could be useful for rats or ferels I guess, but it would possibly be a drain on fire discipline when your letting off 2 or 3 rounds downrange quickly, there must be more chance of a potential miss or wounding scenario, surely.
    Opinions?

20. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

I wasn't aware that we had departed from the thread? Personally I have no use whatsoever for a semi auto air rifle. I think they would be a tragedy if they were allowed to be used for hunting, I am absolutely convinced that the temptation to let loose with rapid fire would be more than a lot of shooters could resist. I think it would result in even more suffering and wounding than already takes place. The self imposed discipline of the single shot, at least makes them think about the shot a bit more.