1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Second Hand Air Rifle Sales?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Lydford, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

I seem to have very little time these days for shooting due to family commitments and thought I would offer one of my best rifles for sale as it seems a crime to be sitting unused in the safe when someone else could enjoy it.
    I was told £400 would be a fair price and subsequently put it up for sale with a brand new - never used - scope included. Guess what? Nobody wanted it!

Is the second hand market slowing down at present with folks not having much disposable income available? Not too fussed as I don't need the money but a little surprised a quality rifle at a fair price is unwanted ...

2. Jfrwhite

Jfrwhite Posting Addict

Did you get any interest at all? Even low offers? There seems to be a steady flow of 2nd hand rifles on here that almost always seem to sell reasonably quickly.

3. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

Can't see the thread myself.

Dave

4. milek

milek Honorary Member

edited for talking Censored, must read posts properly

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  5. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

What set up was it at £400?

I think things are a bit slower. They are at least for myself. Also the faff on with posting pcp's as of recent.

I actualy bought me a rifle last week from a what looked a respectable member on the dark side. It was not as described (believe it or not finished the stock AND ACTION! In some sticky walnut oil mix) trigger mech and saftey were nackered aswell.

He sent me pictures/grouping/chrono stringsbut...they were before his handy work!

Luckily i have done a full strip and clean/ re seal but his has put me off postage sales. Face to face only from now on, which in my area are few and far between.

6. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

Hi thanks for the replies guys. It was a Theoben Sirocco 2000. I had it for sale on here a little while ago and I really don't think it was overpriced. But hey-ho, it's a buyer's market.

7. milek

milek Honorary Member

Sorry bud I read it as a S400, on that basis everyone ignore my post.

8. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Is a buyer market place

As many seem to be selling up

Have a very Active Sales Table @ my Club - with a average 100 Shooters going through the Ranges most Saturday's

Most guns seem to be sold that get placed on Table - As We have New Shooters most week attending Club

Better for both parties as it can be tried before being purchased

Sure other Clubs also have a - For Sale Table - or forum board where they can be advertised

BOB/R

www.lvagc.co.uk

9. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

The price of theobens are dropping drastically mate no lads struggling to sell tuned to the top mfrs in one case the lad ended up taking £550 posted for a ttr in mfr stock and custom steven b stock last year this would if been near 800 hth dave

10. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

Thanks Dave, that might explain it then. I will hang on to it as it is a prime example and will no doubt make money over time.

11. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

No sirocco buyers are looking over 250-300 all in these days
    Imho.
    For 400 all looking for s410/510, huntsmans, hw100 etc. And not only for iron, but all set include mtc or bushnell scope and 7-12 l charging bottle (trace last wanted adds)

No one care that good s410 cost over 400 pounds for the gun only

These days it.s buyers market and anyone who has cash thinks of a great bargain first.

So sad.....

12. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

If anyone has an HW100 with an MTC and charging bottle for £400 I would definitely extend my collection again ...

13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Tbh sales are struggling only yesterday i bought a almost brand new pro sport what had the v-mach treatment for 300 posted next day delivery which is going to be £25 at least in postage Keep hold the sirrocco mate its value will grow again in time i reckon