1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Second airgun price guide

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by norris, Dec 4, 2008.

1. norris

norris Engaging Member

How about having a searchable second hand gun price guide on the forum?

2. Buzz

Buzz Banned

You get one together norris and we'll put it up.

3. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

Slightly OT, but,.......
    we all buy tins of pellets to try in our guns,.. then end up with tins 99% full, that dont suit out weapon,... shame we dont have a 'Pellpax' type exchange service, where we could all send a tin in, and get a mixed selection for testing, back???

I think it would be a spot-on job for James,.. when he is sat reading the Sun, and Sport all night,.. cos all the scallywags are tucked up in their warm beds,....:D:D:D
    (Just joshing, James, I know you work your butt off,on these cold nights!!)

Cheers, Fred

4. j.stuart

j.stuart Banned

hi,
    if you dont do one could i please?
    been shooting for years and ive owned most rifles available.
    i will just do a list of every gun made with retail price i know and a estimated guide.
    if i do take the time to do it would you put it up as a sticky Buzz?
    let me know and i will do a guide:up:

5. Buzz

Buzz Banned

If it's done properly so that it can be of help to people yes certainly. It'll have to pass muster with the rest of the Admin team and of course Andy being as he has the last word anyway.

6. norris

norris Engaging Member

I personally would not like to do a price guide because it requires a lot of research to do correctly and cannot be just based on a view of one person.

You need to know at least the following -
    what a dealer with offer on a trade in
    retail price of a second hand gun
    regional price varitions
    actual private sale "sold price"
    and the condition

You need hard sound facts to put a valuation on a any item including an airgun.
    The trade must used some sort of published valuation guide, can anyone obtained a copy?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  7. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Norris, it was your idea in the first place. Does this mean you want one, but only if you don't have any of the hassle of getting it ??

8. norris

norris Engaging Member

Buzz we both agree that it has to be done correctly, and i do not want the responsiblity of doing one.Yes it was my idea and I could do with one but maybe there are other users who would like one as well?

9. j.stuart

j.stuart Banned

norris.
    i was thinking to just get airgun mags and gun mart and put all the prices of new up and a simple you should be looking to pay 2/3 for a mint one or 1/2 for a bashed one a long with scope prices.
    it will take a little time i guess researching threw the mags.
    as a guide i would use uttings and js rams bottom for proper prices as places like the airgun centre over charge in my opinion.
    pm me if you dont do it as il be more then happy to as i hate people being taken advantage off due to being new and not knowing there stuff hence my reply:up:

10. j.stuart

j.stuart Banned

think my what gun will be a good guide too which i would highly recommend to people who are new.

il do it mate as i have a wealth of knowledge of airguns that aint even been heard of.you just give me a pm with the go a head and i will pm buzz a guide to send threw other moderators.
    or i will post in sales section or where ever buzz wants,see what members think and then work on it if they are not happy.

11. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

I agree. Too many sellers expect 3/4 of the price they paid, not 2/3 of the price that they can be bought for.

12. j.stuart

j.stuart Banned

i will get started on it but need buzz is permission first.
    im thinking to put a thread in sales and keep editing it as i get time to complete it and then people can post what they think and what not and when completeted "if every ones happy" save it as a sticky.

this guide wont just help buyers but also help sellers as a seller could a rifle at mates rates or completely have no idea what there rifles worth.

some help off the older guys would be needed too so having people post older guns names and what they were new years a go would help a lot.

another thing is the amount of letters i can put into one post

13. Buzz

Buzz Banned

It's not my permission you need....Andy has the final say as to whether it's worthwhile posting. All I said was "If it's done properly then I'll post it."

14. norris

norris Engaging Member

I think you miss read my thread/reply. The fact that you do not realize because of the VCR act 2007 . and Uttings do not sell airguns.This is evidence that you are out of touch.

You cannot base a valuation on the fact it is either good or bad and what about the collector type guns that increase in value?
    You cannot say that Park HR91 is worth 2/3 of its cost when it was new because if that was true I have the cash waiting here if some one has one for sale?

Using the mags can be an indicator,but with the private sales you will not know the exact price the gun was sold for.
    And what about the gunshop prices?

Also I am looking to buy a new SMK SX36-2 -one shop had one for £115 and another had one marked up at £120.The recomended price is only £99 and Van de Burgh is selling with a scope and silencer for that money.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  15. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I don't think that's a valid comment norris. Gun shops may not actually sell guns online but they do advertise them with prices.

16. norris

norris Engaging Member

Both . and Uttings no longer sell guns full stop!

17. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I've just been looking at guns on Uttings website

18. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

I bought one new 18 months ago for £70!

19. norris

norris Engaging Member

So have I,but no prices?

? did they use to be called Uttings guns and now there Uttings.com

Plus the fact during August and September 2007 they were selling all of their guns at greatly reduced prices? could that had been something to do with the VCR act coming into effect?

Something else has come to mind- did they not give up their shop to concentrate on mail order?

? but can you buy an airgun off them today?( present time, December 2008)

Looking around for up to date advertised airgun prices has caused me a few headaches recently,alot of the time you get "phone for price"

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  20. norris

norris Engaging Member

Well that was 18 months ago I do not do "Time travel", if I did I would be a multi- millionaire with a pile of old Dinkys' that would be worth a mint and a shed full of old airguns worth millions!,plus anything else I could put in the old Tardis!