1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Scroungers

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by dave1962, Sep 17, 2014.

1. dave1962

dave1962 Posting Addict

I've lived where I am all my life it's a council house and not to bad. I take pride in my house and garden keep things tidy and we'll maintained / decorated, don't get me wrong anything major I report for repair but the little jobs I do myself. My next door neighbour asked me for the housing office number so he could report the battery in his smoke alarm wants replacing WTF him his misses and his son all working full time.

2. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Some people are just more willing to milk the system than others mate.

3. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

Joke some people we only changed out battery last week in the fire alarm ,wouldn't dream of reporting something like that .

4. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Yep,it beggars belief,why don't they just buy a battery next time he or she is in the super market,tight arse sods

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  5. rynner

rynner Busy Member

he's winding you up,

6. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

I agree with the above comments,BUT
    if the council fitted the alarm smoke/co/co2 or whatever and they fail to maintain it,if there is an injury,fatality because of this neglect,then they are solely responsible and will be held accountable in a court of law.
    what a $hit country we live in:down:

7. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

Hmnnnn :( , I rent private and so far have fitted a kitchen ,bathroom and next year will be knocking down the lean to and fitting a conservatory . Still must call the landlord and tell him I need a battery in my smoke alarm :D

8. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned BANNED

Scrounges

I am a council tenant and do all the small jobs myself
    but we are still waiting for the muppets to fill in a bloody great hole they drilled in the wall for the new bathroom downpipe
    they missed the bathroom by about 6 feet and drilled into the spare bedroom :(
    that was 2 year ago

9. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

When I rented properties I think there was a term in the agreement that said the tenant was responsible for things like lamps, smoke alarm batteries and grease filters in the cooker hood. I only had to service and check gas and electric appliances.

I would be very interested to hear if the council do replace the battery.

10. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

Sounds about right , those guys must work for Fujitsu now :D

11. Alex.B

Alex.B Big Poster

The landlord should do gas and elec checks ?

12. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Forum Hopscotch Champion

Wife is doing a HEALTH AND SAFETY COURSE this week in her own words it's a week of her life she will never get back.

13. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Yes, I had a gas hob in one flat that failed because the spark ignition didn't work and it had to be replaced.

14. daveboy

daveboy Engaging Member

To be fair, Our Smoke alarms were fitted by the fire brigade and have a ten year battery.
    when the battery fails the whole unit has to be changed.

15. jantar

jantar Donator

If there is any justice they will have a small fire that causes property damage but no injuries and that might make the beggars pay a quid for a battery themselves!
    Lowlife's, parasites whatever deserve all they get.

16. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

bit harsh me thinks dude,:rolleyes: "property damage" ??
    there could be kids in there that have to go through the trauma of a house fire, :confused: that isnt property damage,imo, and i agree you should ensure your families safety, a quid for a battery,s nowt agreed, biding the h&s rules of this country as a tenant can be a reet ball ache, hope nothing happens in a fire before the person involved thinks a bit just my opinion like

17. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

lighter no good?

18. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

I have a gas cooker but it takes a battery for the spark to work! O I own my house looks like I'll have to buy one, bummer

Andrew

19. harry brown

harry brown Banned BANNED

TBH I find some of your posts confusing, recently you were going on about how your tax credits were messed up and how you should get compensation because of this. Now you say that someone who wants a battery is a lowlife, beggar... Words 'pot, black, kettle' spring to mind. Not necessarily in that polite order. I own my own property and pay for my own batteries.

I agree with the OP's comments but draw the line at your post wishing a house fire on anyone, infact it's a pretty sad opinion to hold.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  20. jantar

jantar Donator

:rolleyes: Sorry everyone....Perhaps I did not make myself clear.....NO Damage means just that including trauma. It is a poor parent that places his home and any others including offspring at risk for the sake of a battery. I am also aware that many homes do not have smoke alarms or have taken the battery out of them. I have no doubts that the same person who cannot afford a cheap battery probably does not hesitate to spend out on possibly a car, betting, alcohol, ciggies, holidays, lottery etc though. Then of course by writing a post in this forum they probably also spent quite a bit on their 'hobby' of shooting and think nothing of it. Perhaps it is their spending priorities that need to be 'adjusted'. To complain of the cost of changing a battery is laugable when it costs more for a decent loaf of bread.
    The landlords responsibility ends with the supply of a working smoke alarm and its annual inspection. The same rule applies to all electrical and gas powered appliances contained within that dwelling. If the landlord can then prove it was in working condition why should he spend his money to constantly supply smoke alarm batteries? Does that same tenant check the alarm as regularly as it is recommended or waits until it bleeps its own low battery warning? It is written into most contracts I have seen that the supply of a battery is the tenants responsibility. An exeption being if the home is a Cat 1 or 2 and the tenant is disabled and unable to perform the task. The only other exception is that if it is a ten year life alarm where the battery cannot be changed then it is the landlord who must re-supply a whole new unit. No doubt if it was a mains powered one, as ours is, logically using the same train of thought that person would also expect the landlord to contribute to the electric bill the smoke alarm uses too. LOL
    IMO Far too many in this country expect far too much to be done for them by others while they themselves do little or nothing to help anyone else. Personally I would hate to have to think that I would have to rely on others to do easy tasks I could do for myself even though I am seriously disabled myself. How easy is it to change a battery or light bulb? If his lights went out would he also expect the landlord to come and renew them too? The more I reflect on this person the more I chuckle at the idiocy of it.