1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Scopes

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Fog, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

I have tried all sorts of gun scopes in my years from £400 ones down to £20 ones with all sorts of Fiddly settings different Magnifications. Range Finders on the Scope i could go on and on.
    But i have now reverted back to a scope that is very basic and it works better than any of the others and cost me......£60 a year ago.
    Its light and effective , no fiddling around once set up just through the scope line up the Mildot and fire!
    Things are now getting out of control with scopes with little gadgets here and there so by the time you go to shoot this scope that weighs as much as your gun doubling your weight the prey as gone.
    Light , simple, accurate and effective.
    What ever the costs!:D

2. Colin

Colin Guest

not half, I saw some guy selling a £300 scope the size of your average volkswagen with 12 (at least) adjustment dials. it also advertised "night-hunt mode" know what that turned out to be? ....
    A <censored>ing torch!!!!!!!!! There was a ********** *** *** ***** torch strapped on to it!!!!!!!

P.S. PG13: do not read without parental permission, those cuss-words could give you nightmares.

Coming soon: unseen! uncensored! unbelievable!

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Yeh i have seen scopes advertised on ebay that said they were night vision scopes, and all it turned out to be was an illuminated reticule. :D

4. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

They are right Rip offs Night copes. If you are looking for one under £500 then its crap or a rip off!
    scopes can get far to complicated . If you are hunting you not have the time to fiddle with dials especially if you stalk.
    A 3-9-50 scope is what i use for up to 50yd popping and it does the job, tried a £300 one with more ajustments you can handle and hit the same spot but 5 minutes later.
    If you are a serious hunter or target shooter then maybe something slightly better is required but for the average shooter thats good enough.;)

5. Colin

Colin Guest

Still though, A ****ing Torch!!! I mean come on!

6. Chael

Chael Engaging Member

okay Colin get the point... On the subject of illuminated recutiles, my uncle showed me an airgun magazine which had a comedy article in it, I was about some new make scope which was called "Forest Hunter." now, last time I checked most forests are green, right? well this scope had an illuminated recutile in it which was a darkish "glowing green" colour.... It showed pics looking through it and you coudnt even see the recutile in daylight or night!

7. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

I like you have tried lots of scopes.
    But i think the best is just a fixed mag 6ish type scope set to 30 yards.
    Unbeatable