1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice scopes from JS RAMSBOTTOM :(

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by vectraross, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vectraross

vectraross Member

anyone had any issues with this company? i have and cant seem to find a number with them,keep taking ages to reply to my emails.

had a problem with a scope they said return it and theyd refund the postage aslong as it was 1st class recoreded,so i returned it and they are refusing my refund for postage.as there was nothing wrong and what ive listed is normal,if you call chewed threads scuffs marks and scratches normal then well you get the drift,also battery was dead i replaced the battery and green ir never worked correctly,and had tabacco in the packaging and stunk to high heaven being a non smoker seem to smell it more aswel...so you see my dilema...it had clearly been a demo or customer return acciedently put as new...but they wownt have it and are keeping my refund postage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I NEVER ADJUSTED THIS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

TOBACCO OR DIRT IN ZOOM WHEEL
    [​IMG]

CHUNK MISSING FROM TOP TURRET
    [​IMG]

2. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

I see your point mate and I think if you post your concerns over to jr then he can see your reasons for return and should refund you fully no questions asked.

how long have you waited for a reply?

ive bought of him before and its always been good, im actually waiting for a scope to be delivered tomorrow,one of his jsr ones new so will be keeping my eyes open.

gaz

3. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

hi just read it again slowly, im always rushing! so you not being refunded the postage, and he says its normal to get a scope like that?
    if that's the case I would look up the consumers act and see what's what as its clearly not new and its state is far from fit for sale, however with lower end scopes there will be some manufacturing tolerance's that will not be as good as higher end stuff but I think the ir not working, scuffs on the covers and chips in the turret caps are all things that should not be there!

some one will pop along soon to set the record straight about your rights as a consumer regarding the postage but beware it may not be a legally binding thing that requires him to cover return postage, im not sure?

gaz

4. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

I would do this:
    email them again, including the photos, and ask for a full refund within 7 days, presumably you paid by card. If you paid via Paypal then copy them into the email. If you paid by card and it was over £100 then copy the card issuer into the email
    If you don't receive the refund within the 7 days then email them again ans tell them that you are now going to the small claims court and will be claiming for the full cost, plus return postage and I think you can also claim for your reasonable expense but you should check this.
    As far as I know they are a good company to deal with but sometimes things do go wrong and you can expect them to put it right. If you speak to them on the phone you should make notes of the conversation and get the name of the person you're speaking to.

5. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

I have used JSR for years with no problems but I agree with the op that he should be given the return postage as it would seem this scope has been returned before. Its such a pity that you can no longer pick up the phone and speak directly to JSR as you could before. Being only able to email them these days is a bit sxxt imo.

6. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

This is the phone contact number shown on their ebay site hth 0844|8481400 ................... :coffee:

7. vectraross

vectraross Member

ALL DONE AS YOU GUYS HAVE SAID THIS WAS THERE RESPONSE UPON RECIVEING THE SCOPE AND FOUND ALL THE PROBLEMS

J S RamsbottomTo Me

4 Feb

Hello , all our scopes are supplied direct from the manufacturer so I am very surprised & sorry if there has been an issue at the factory.
    We will happily exchange for you if you care to return the item , we will refund your return postage up to 1st Class recorded delivery only.
    Regards, J%$£

Show message history

8. vectraross

vectraross Member

THEN THIS TODAY

To Me

Today at 12:17 PM

Hi, when we inspected your scope it had no fault - the small marks you mentioned are normal and part of the manufacturing process.

Show message history

9. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  10. vectraross

vectraross Member

11. sharpsman

sharpsman Big Poster

Do these mountmasters come with the mounts already fitted ?.

12. vectraross

vectraross Member

yes they do

13. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

I've had issues with J S Ramsbottom via their eBay outlet side of the business. eBay mediated and resolved the situation via their in house buyer protection policies.

My experience is I have found them to be quite unhelpful, failing to admit responsibility not unlike this situation!

Did you buy it via their mail order website or eBay?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  14. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

If you intend to pursue them through the small claims court then you must send your trading partner a 'letter before action' first outlining your grievance otherwise the court will not entertain the claim, You must show you have made all reasonable attempts to resolve before asking the court to mediate!

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales...n_e/step_one_write_a_letter_before_action.htm

15. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Long time poster

I had issues with JSR a few years ago. Very bad customer service. Similar to above. He also owns the B.B.S and is part of AMTA. The very people that brought us Anti Tamper. Take em to court I say. If you were to raise this problem on the B.B.S you would have a posse of JST creeps and moderators (some involved in the trade) all over you, accusing you of damaging the scope or something similar.

16. sharpsman

sharpsman Big Poster

I once sent a scope back about five years ago and was told there was nothing wrong with it,the scope had something rattling inside it and every time a shot was taken the scope sounded like a tuning fork,after a bit of a rigmarole i got my money back but all the other dealings i have had with them have been first class.I hope you get it sorted out.

17. vectraross

vectraross Member

a letter is my next move,ill give them rest of week to reply to my emails.im going to join *** to contact them through that

18. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Guys I think the op has some sound advice in the thread & as it also has another forum about to be involved let's leave it for now.
    Saves any slagging matches which will happen if left open.

t ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.